This is Just Weird

nvestysly

Full time employment: Posting here.
I don't know if I can get away with the title but I left a letter out of the four-letter word so maybe the moderators will let it slide.

Maybe you've heard of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. It's a book with unusual trivia and other factoids that one can read while sitting on the porcelain throne. There are short reading sections as well as extended sitting sections of the book. It's fun reading and you don't have to keep it in the bathroom - I guess it could be a fun coffee table book albeit without pictures thankfully.

With that in mind you can tell I'm not entirely opposed to discussing bathroom habits.

BUT.....

While surfing the web yesterday evening I came across what I think is a very unusual post regarding toilet issues. Here's the link:

I recorded the day and time each time I pooped in 2016. Here are some results - Album on Imgur

This person has counted the day/date/time of his (I presume it's a guy) bowel movements! Maybe it was a science experiment, maybe his physician asked him to collect the data, or maybe he's just a bit weird.

I choose number 3: just plain weird. (And, no, I didn't click on the link. :blush: )

Some would say that members of this forum are obsessive about checking their numbers. We got nothin on this guy.

The thread title was edited. Still weird. I'm not reading the link, and have no interest at all in Uncle John's bowel habits. Or anyone else.

As MichaelB said, the title was edited. I'm okay with that.

For those that may be interested - that is, find it odd/unusual that somebody took time to chart this stuff - the charts are shown below. But that's only half of the story - the other half is reading what the "author" says about the charts and also reading the responses on the blog (or whatever it is).

Attachments

• total.PNG
    total.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 202
  • monthly.PNG
    monthly.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 24
  • dayofweek.PNG
    dayofweek.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 25
  • timeofday.PNG
    timeofday.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 25
Just make sure this doesn't show up as yet another variable in FireCalc......

I just know there has to be some correlations to the market swings or, I could be full of poop.

Other than those with an actual, diagnosed digestive disease: An obsession with one's...bodily productions...strikes me as the province of toddlers, and of people returning to the toddler stage.

I've logged everything I've eaten for almost 600 days.

Wonder if there's an app John uses. It would be great seeing food in and.............

Maybe someone could take the data and provide a grocery list....:D

(humor on :D)
I sense and "internet of things" opportunity here. Toilet tank/bowl sensors that when, shall we say, "actions" occur, record not only the type of "action", but an analysis of the "results", to generate all sorts of data points. Then, like fitness bracelets, broadcast them to your desired data collector of choice for aggregation and analysis.

Now, still need to work on things such as what if you are traveling (hand-held laser light analysis?), separating "actions" by individuals (based on unique "patterns" a la fingerprints?), etc... but it may be a start...
(humor off :D )

I am not DR or nutritional expert of any sort but twice per day? Maybe, just maybe there is way too much intake. Rough guess is 5/week.

I'm reminded of the three days I spent in the gastrointestinal unit of a hospital. They captured everything from my body, weighed and cultured and......

Note to self the restaurant at 8th and Central in KCMO is not a safe place to eat.

There used to be a Twitter feed for a cat that automatically tweeted every time the kitty used the litter box. The box was mounted on pressure sensors which, with the help of an Arduino, were able to determine whether the kitty had done #1 or #2, and report that in the tweet, along with the amount of time the poor long-suffering kitty spent in the litter box.

EDIT - it's still active, at https://twitter.com/nibblerpoop and this webpage describes how the project was set up - http://www.scottcutler.net/catpoop/catpoop.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom