This is nuts

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Vet Claims Doctors Removed Wrong Testicle
img_499450_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

At least he probably wasn't probably expecting to have any more kids... in which case, I'd give up a nut for $200k. I might even do it for just $100k net profit.

"Sure, honey, as long as I'm in there for the removal I might as well have a vasectomy. What could possibly go wrong, and think of all the money we'll save!"

This isn't like taking a car in for annual maintenance.

I shudder to think of what procedures the military will tatoo come up with to avoid future incidents.

:dead: Now the poor guy is gonna have to take hormone replacement for the rest of his life - after they remove the CORRECT teste.

I was aware of a similar case years ago.

Turned out that the incorrectly removed testicle was sent to the pathology lab. It had localized testicular cancer in it.

I can sure see how this could happen. I was at the dr's office Friday and needed to sign surgery concent forms. The dr made them out with me in the exam room, he entered left instead of right, I had to correct him. Thankfully I only have one **** remaining to be removed. I'm thinking I should put a little note on my body before I go under LOL.

Outtahere said:
I can sure see how this could happen. I was at the dr's office Friday and needed to sign surgery concent forms. The dr made them out with me in the exam room, he entered left instead of right, I had to correct him. Thankfully I only have one **** remaining to be removed. I'm thinking I should put a little note on my body before I go under LOL.

That's no joke.

Last year I was in an emergency room with a bone sticking out of my leg and they insisted that I write a note, with an ordinary ball point pen, on the skin of the leg that I "wanted" to have surgery on. Really.

As a result of efforts to improve patient safety and prevent these types of mishaps, most hospitals now require you to verify the location/side/organ to be worked on and write on you before you go under. they also ask you your name, a billion times to make sure the chart they have in their hand is in fact yours.

Sandy said:
As a result of efforts to improve patient safety and prevent these types of mishaps, most hospitals now require you to verify the location/side/organ to be worked on and write on you before you go under. they also ask you your name, a billion times to make sure the chart they have in their hand is in fact yours.

Yes.. true... and DON'T get pissed off at them... they are trying to protect you from a horrible thing like the one the OP posted..

I would much rather them ask me and write all over me than take a hunk away that should stay!!!

Non sequitur said:
That's no joke.

Last year I was in an emergency room with a bone sticking out of my leg and they insisted that I write a note, with an ordinary ball point pen, on the skin of the leg that I "wanted" to have surgery on. Really.

I was asked to sign my abdomen to indicate that I did indeed want my gall bladder out! As I was physically unable to do so, my DH signed as my advocate! I still think he drew a happy face, but he denies it......

Meadbh said:
Only a generation of leadership, concerted effort and system redesign will make it as safe as commercial aviation.
Oh, now there's a lofty goal.

The U.S. Navy regularly touts the nuclear safety record of its vessels. I don't think anyone wants to foot the bill for the equivalent healthcare program...

Nords said:
He must've had a sinister motive...

But it would be gauche to mention it.

I remember that. Under localized anesthesia Fully conscious and coherent... feeling the pressure, hearing the tooth crack.

Good times...

lazygood4nothinbum said:
yikes. i couldn't even handle it when they pulled a wisdom tooth.

yeah, well, i actually got sad afterwards because they took a part of me. and it wasn't even a part i was using.

Peaceful_Warrior said:
At least he probably wasn't probably expecting to have any more kids... in which case, I'd give up a nut for $200k. I might even do it for just $100k net profit.

But wait- he now has one, and it may have cancer. Next step he is a capon.

Ha

I just had surgery (this week). It was not in the area that is described in this discussion (ouch)... but nevertheless humans have two of a number of things... In my case there was a left and a right. Anyway, the team at the hospital kept questioning me (left or right)... in my case it was the right side. I was asked that question several times. When I was first asked the question in prep (I saide right), she wrote it down, then proceeded to put my initials (with magic marker) on my left around the collar bone. When i was wheeled into the OR, just before they put the mask on me, two different surgical nurses asked again. But one had a question... if it is right, why did she put your initials on the left side. They slapped the mask on me. Next thing I knew I woke up. They got the correct side.

Oh... one other thing. when they wheeled me into the ER, I felt like I had a NASCAR pit crew working on me... the pace was quick. I suspect that wanted to get me done and free up the OR for the next one. I can see where confusion occurs. They were in a hurry. :confused:

Next time... I have to get a hernia operation in the next year. I might just take a magic marker and mark the side myself before I get to the hospital. :-\

BUM said:
1 out of 2 isn't bad for a military hospital.
Good one-- I laughed out loud, sprayed coffee on the monitor, and now I have to explain this entire thread to my spouse...

Back
Top Bottom