This is really a wonderful forum

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So many here are kind, witty, and truly committed to helping one another. Things like this don't happen very often.

A few weeks ago I attended my HS 50th reunion. I had the same feeling- these were wonderful people 50 years ago, and they still are. We had an effing hug fest.

With so much crap in the world it really makes me happy to be associated with the top end.

Ha

Ha, thanks for your comment and I second it.

As I was walking this morning I got to thinking how much this forum has helped me through a couple of difficult months. It's very comforting to hear from others with similar goals and in similar circumstances. I would have felt much more alone without the comments of all the folks on here.

I like that we seem to have a nice distribution of folks, from the hyper-pessimistic to the hyper-optimistic, with a nice bell curve with lots of folks in about the middle like me.

To all of you, thanks. You really have helped.

Coach

I agree wholeheartedly. Lots of help and goodwill. I've come to the group with problems and suggestions from all aspects of life, and I get a lot of great feedback and ideas. Thanks to all.

Agreed. I got some very helpful tips from the forum when I was wondering whether I was capable of replacing my water heater (vs. paying someone to do it).

I want to join the FIRE MAS (mutual admiration society) too. Seriously, this site is the best and I have been around long enough to see a lot of them. I spend more time on and reading at the FIRE site than any other by FAR. Learned a lot here, and that is saying a lot, since I thought I "knew it all".

I agree...a lot of good folks here. I've gotten so much help and support from the members of this forum. I hope I've helped someone along the way...if just once I've made someone smile. :)

I think I have the warm fuzzies now...or is it the vapors...;)

I just want to say thanks for the dirty jokes! :) I'd like to sign up for the MAS as well!
Mostly this is a great place for those of us who are looked at as crazy in regular life for wanting to retire early. I am glad that we can come together as like minded people and discuss topics near and dear to us, even if they aren't directly related to FIRE all the time! Like the chickens...

Lovennnn you is easssy cause Im beautiful...faahhlaaallalaaaa

or is it cause your beautiful. Frankly I enjoy my version better.

Of course my earlier post about the wine was a joke. I was speaking from my perspective if I had been posting at that hour of the day.;) Ha is a perfect example as to why this is such a good forum. He gives well thought out financial advice and has had a calming affect on me during these trying times. I do have a few bumps on my head from the head banging, but I'll live. Brewer is another one that has given me some good advice. I've asked some pretty dumb questions, but he hangs in there with me.

Enough mushy stuff. BTW, I haven't popped a top on my medicine today. But the day is still young.:)

I agree with everyone . It is a great and tolerant forum .I have learned soo much and not just about finances . It's a fun supportive group.

So true.

I am grateful to have a place to discuss the changes I have been going through (and find that others have shared similar experiences).

Many of the people here are in very different lifestyles/situations:

Married/single/divorced/widowed
Str8/gay
Urban/rural/suburbs

But still can offer advice and support in many areas:

Raising chickens
Replacing a water heater
Weight loss
Computer problems

I thank you all.

I am new here, and I enjoy it. Yet, I have read posts that this is going down hill.:confused:

By the way I use PM very little, not having felt the need for it. I like the open posting more. That makes it the forum. No?

It is a unique set of perspectives on life, aging, children, dealing with elderly parents, motorcycles, cars, airplanes, RVs and trips. Oh, and sometimes finances creeps in.

I like Ha cause I know he's older than I. :) Plus he's got a lot of class; wears Birkenstock shoes!

On the days when my computer time is limited, this forum is a place I always make a priority. The financial crisis has made this forum a refuge from the mainstream media and their hysteria. I gain wisdom and proper perspective here when the rest of the world is in panic and despair. And when things really look bleak, someone uses a little humor to calm me down. Thanks to all of you!

I like Ha cause I know he's older than I. :) Plus he's got a lot of class; wears Birkenstock shoes!

1. I wear Earth shoes with duct tape on my left shoe.

2. Went to my 45th reunion in the PacNW in 2006.

3. And I have a Curmudgeon Certificate downloaded from this very forum.

heh heh heh - so I feel obligated to say cool it on the warm and smarmy - I mean 'jeeze Louise!' (an old Dory36 saying). :rolleyes: >:D.

Back
Top Bottom