Time to invest in beer?

aaronc879

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A friend sent this to me and I thought it'd go over well here.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg. A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

A friend sent this to me and I thought it'd go over well here.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg. A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

I get less than a mile per gallon. :p

I don't drink at all, so I get great mileage! I suppose that my miles per gallon would be infinite. :duh:

I suspect you are running on some alternate source. Nobody is without vice. >:D

I suspect you are running on some alternate source. Nobody is without vice. >:D

I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. But...you are right. Sugar is my vice! I try to avoid it completely, but to no avail.

"My name is W2R, and I am a sugar-holic."

Alcohol is just fermented sugars. We're on the same page. It's like the difference between regular and diesel.:D

Back
Top Bottom