Join Early Retirement Today

Tour de Dopage
Old 07-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Tour de Dopage

Over the past 5 years or so I have made it a point to catch a good bit of the Tour de France on OLN network (now Verses) and I rather enjoyed it as I am a bike rider and can really feel the pain when those guys are spinning in the Alps.

But this year...I tried to watch today...I can not help but think that every one of those riders are on some kind of exotic elixir that tends to give them some kind of edge. When I ride, my most exotic drink has always been water laced with more water.

I'll give it another shot when they reach the Alps, but I'm not making any kind of commitment to get involved as I have in the past.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Next year, everyone gets the same model Huffy bicycle and a water bottle filled with regular water. See you in Paris, guys!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We are big fans of the Tour De France, however have to agree that all the doping scandals have put a bit of tarnish on it, however there is no other race like it.

That said, I would love to see them remove the radios from the riders, as that would mean they would never know how far behind they are, so when the breakaway is on, they would have to make their own decision as to when they should start chasing and how fast.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Don't know if anyone else watched STage 2, but have to say Robbie McEwen was absolutely amazing. The way he came through totally UTR. I can imagine how furious he would have been when he came off, I would not like to be the rider who hit him, if he manages to identify who it was. One of the best finishes I have seen for years.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote