Tricks for Unscrewing Rusty Screws?

So the correct answer to the original question was "have someone else pay YOU to let THEM figure it out and haul it away" :facepalm:

Even if you gave it to them for nothing, you came out ahead. Good job. :dance:

Great way to solve the problem.

It works well provided the taker doesn't hurt himself while taking it down and sues. Always concerns me. Maybe I'm too paranoid.

Great way to solve the problem.

It works well provided the taker doesn't hurt himself while taking it down and sues. Always concerns me. Maybe I'm too paranoid.

Quite right. I printed out a waiver, but neglected to have him sign it.

Perhaps. One always reads about the weird ones that sue at the drop of a hat but the reality is that most people can't be bothered for minor injuries. In a Lowes store once, I accidentally cut a finger on a sharp edge on a hose reel and thought about asking an employee for a band-aid, which is all I wanted, just to help contain the bleeding.

But instead I just got a paper towel from the men's room and wrapped it in that. I figured that if I told an employee about it they'd have to jump through all sorts of reports and paperwork because of the "injured customer" and that would take another 30 to 45 minutes. I just wanted to buy the hose reel and go home. And I knew my tetanus shots were up to date anyway.:)

Perhaps. One always reads about the weird ones that sue at the drop of a hat but the reality is that most people can't be bothered for minor injuries. In a Lowes store once, I accidentally cut a finger on a sharp edge on a hose reel and thought about asking an employee for a band-aid, which is all I wanted, just to help contain the bleeding.

But instead I just got a paper towel from the men's room and wrapped it in that. I figured that if I told an employee about it they'd have to jump through all sorts of reports and paperwork because of the "injured customer" and that would take another 30 to 45 minutes. I just wanted to buy the hose reel and go home. And I knew my tetanus shots were up to date anyway.:)

Perhaps 95-99% of the population are stand-up people and wouldn't be an issue. I am one of them too. However, dealing with someone unknown, you never know which side of the coin you are getting. With 19/20 odds in your favor but gaining nothing when you win, and dealing with a whole lot of grief if you lose, why even play the game?

Back
Top Bottom