Valerie Harper...sad news

Woke up today reading the sad news about Valerie Harper (Rhoda from the Mary Tyler Moore Show) diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

"Valerie Harper, the iconic actress who played Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and may have as little as three months to live, according to People magazine."

Valerie Harper, actress on

Really makes on think about how precious life is. I remember my late brother was planning a vacation, then during a checkup found out he had terminal liver cancer. Then a couple of months after that, he was gone.

I just started another thread about this, called "Rhoda". Perhaps the mods can combine them?

I just started another thread about this, called "Rhoda". Perhaps the mods can combine them?

Done. I also moved the merged threads to "other topics", as I thought it was more appropriate.

Sad news. Brain cancer can be tough - the daughter of one of our church members was diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer (untreatable) and died within 2 weeks, leaving two young children and a stunned family. She was in her early 40s. Nasty disease.

Sad news. Brain cancer can be tough - the daughter of one of our church members was diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer (untreatable) and died within 2 weeks, leaving two young children and a stunned family. She was in her early 40s. Nasty disease.

The 2 people I knew who died quickly from brain cancer had it metastasize from their lungs. One had never smoked. I wonder, is this a common outcome from lung cancer?

My wife liked the MTM show so we watched it. I did not cotton to Mary's character, but I did enjoy Rhoda.

Sorry to see her die.

Ha

I used to go to elementary school with her nephew. It made her more real when he would talk about his aunt who was on TV.

I've known five individuals who had lung cancer. Four of the five died when it spread to the brain.

I was thinking the brain cancer might have been related to the earlier lung version. I didn't know she was a non-smoker though. Other non-smokers who died from LC: Andy Kaufman, Merlin Olsen, and of all people, Donna Summer and Beverly Sills! News like this just reinforces the decision to retire early.

I was thinking the brain cancer might have been related to the earlier lung version. I didn't know she was a non-smoker though. Other non-smokers who died from LC: Andy Kaufman, Merlin Olsen, and of all people, Donna Summer and Beverly Sills! News like this just reinforces the decision to retire early.

Also, Dana Reeve. She was a non-smoker but worked as a lounge singer for some time and the second hand smoke definitely may have been a factor.

The sad reality of life is that Lung Cancer is one reason I need to ER. I was a heavy smoker for 30 years (quit 4 years ago:dance::dance:) but I have to wonder if my time on earth will be cut short as a result. I have a friend who's mom went from a Lung Cancer diagnosis to brain metathesis to death within 6 months.

The sad reality of life is that Lung Cancer is one reason I need to ER. I was a heavy smoker for 30 years (quit 4 years ago:dance::dance:) but I have to wonder if my time on earth will be cut short as a result. I have a friend who's mom went from a Lung Cancer diagnosis to brain metathesis to death within 6 months.

Congrats on quitting 4 years ago. I hear that smoking is the toughest habit to kick!

As for the rest, well, one day at a time and ER straight ahead! Whoo hoo!

Back
Top Bottom