Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #101
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
I was pretty offended at the history quotes. Bunch of frickin bullies. I'm gonna complain.

When any fit of gloominess, or perversion of mind, lays hold upon you, make it a rule not to publish it by complaints. ~Samuel Johnson

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #102
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm gonna have to complain about these complaint quotes. I've had about all the bullying I can take for one day.

After all its only a matter of time before someone else makes some passive-aggressive generic whiny post that is obviously targeted at me, which turns out to be that they're feeling bullied because I posted a picture of a donut.

And it wasnt even the first donut.

Must have some relation to that thing in hockey about how the ref always notices the second punch thrown.

I know what we need. Bacon and donut emoticons.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #103
gone traveling

Quote:

I know what we need. Bacon and donut emoticons.
nah, people would complain they were being abused.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #104
Give me a forum ...

Where's a pancake when you need one?

I think we need a group hug......
Old 08-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #105
Give me a forum ...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Behold the donut pancake...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg donut pancake.jpg (125.5 KB, 2 views)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #106
gone traveling

Quote:
Ask and ye shall receive.

Behold the donut pancake...
with Ahole in the middle....
Old 08-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #107
Give me a forum ...

Lucky That This Photographer Was In Miami Beach

and not Padre Island

Old 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #108
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
and not Padre Island
It really brings up the issue of having an expectation of privacy. Does it exist? I personally think not when you are skimpily dressed on a public beach surrounded by hundreds of others.

Maybe a different story if you were concealed from plain sight in your back yard.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
It really brings up the issue of having an expectation of privacy. Does it exist? ....
I'm debating the issue of whether or not to ask for permission before photographing other people's dogs. Last time I was caught, the dog owners joined SO and I for coffee and out popped their full life stories. Went to a contemporary art exhibit, kinda odd but fun. The artists were in a van on the street and their activities in real time were on tv inside the exhibit room. I went out to the van and asked permission to photograph them; they seemed thrilled (it may have been the first request?) but I managed to keep the conversation short.

Seems to work better when people think I'm a reporter; it even works with a point and shoot camera; I've taken to telling people, "I'm photographing the dogs of 'main' street [would you like to pose]."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1734.jpg (474.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #110
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Agreed. Call police/security and embarrass the guy if you do anything. Touching him puts you and your family at risk, although I certainly understand the motivation to stomp his face.

The reality is that he probably didn't do anything that constitutes a violation of any statutes, although in some locales that is changing. Being a creep/jerk/a$$hole is not a crime.
If it were, half of the members on this board including myself would disappear over night.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
accordingly texas will be confiscating all victoria secret catalogues. an arrest warrant has been issued for v.s. principals & photographers, catalogue distributors & stockholders. do not even think about masterbating to the e.r. olympic thread pictures or your computer will be used as evidence against you. sex is bad. sex is a sin. sex is evil. bad sex. shame on sex. the only good sex is scheduled sex performed with god's permission.
Oh, come on Lazy, don't be so harsh on Texas. If I read the law correctly, it didn't mention any farm animals, so the legislators did build in a safety valve.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #112
Give me a forum ...

Cool! So I can continue working on "Hot Sheep of Texas"...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #113

Quote:
Women dress to impress other women.
Women dress the way ha describes to give other ladies jollies? No way. They LOVE the male attention but most often it is look but don't touch. I think the degree of trampiness is correlated to the degree of insecurity that they could catch/keep a man any other way. Hence they attract men that are only interested in looks and it becomes a vicious cycle that backfires on them in middle age.

I think thefed did right to react, even strongly.. except for putting his hands on the guy, which could have caused the whole scene to escalate and could be considered assault.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
They LOVE the male attention but most often it is look but don't touch.
hence the phrase, "take a picture; it lasts longer"

q.e.d.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #115
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
Women dress the way ha describes to give other ladies jollies?
Clearly not what I said.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #116

ok, what do you mean by "impress"?

Speaking purely for myself, I'm not impressed by revealing clothing on women, nor am I impressed if they are more restrained. We're good friends with an older lady here who is what might be called "mutton dressed as lamb". What impresses me is imagining the time she must spend on this effect.. time I couldn't be bothered to employ, nor would it have as good a result, most likely. But it doesn't "impress" me in any conventional sense. I like her for who she is because underneath all the makeup she is really down to earth.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #117
Give me a forum ...

Doesnt every woman enjoy being the best looking woman in the house, at least if its plausible that they can pull it off?

Arent you 'impressed' by the one that is?

I suppose I'm poisoned. I spent the afternoon yesterday at the beach with Gabe, where all the PYT's were adjusting and minimizing their bathing suits in competition with each other. Seemingly in response to the bunch of 20 year old guys trying to push each other off the boat dock.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #118

hmm so the PYT hitch up their suits in response to the guys. You've figured it out. Only took forty-something years?

Quote:
Doesnt every woman enjoy being the best looking woman in the house, at least if its plausible that they can pull it off?
No, "every woman" doesn't. Even starlets and supermodels get fed up with the attention sometimes. YOU think every woman wants everyone's attention because YOU like to GIVE attention to attractive females. Nothing wrong with that second aspect at all, but it's hardly a metric by which a man can judge all women's motives, desires and instincts globally.

Would I rather have my current and always husband, or one whose head is turned by the latest greatest thing and will divorce me at the emergence of the first wrinkle? Not only can't I compete in that arena.. basically no one can, as the divorce rates among the 'beautiful people' can attest. I don't see how superficiality has led to any kind of mating success, unless you count men like "Newt", "the Donald", McCain and Giuliani who succeed in having multiple families. The first attractive wives and the 2nd/3rd/4th attractive wives end up having to share. It's only a "successful" tactic for women up to a point. It's far more successful for the males involved who seem to have the latitude of doing the serial choosing.

I'm not even clear on what you are arguing. First you said women did this to impress other women (unlikely). Now you say it is to flirt with guys (likely). If I see a woman successfully flirting with a guy by hitching their bathing suit up over their ass, this is supposed to impress me? 99% of the time they are guys that I wouldn't want to sell me a used car, much less share my bed.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #119

This thread lacks pictures.

My mistake HaHa delivered some. Good man
Old 08-31-2008, 08:19 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Cool! So I can continue working on "Hot Sheep of Texas"...
You may, but just make sure the sheep isn't under contract in another state first.