Was I in the wrong for 'roughing' this guy up?

someone who thinks a guy is going to take photos for his sexual interset is deluded. Who cares if a woman has big breasts, have you seen what is on the internet lately?

Yeah, you might think that.. but then what was the guy doing, then? Maybe there is an element of the personal 'hunt' that excites this amateur photographer.

The same thing ("why?") crossed my mind when I visited the Villa Borghese and saw a German-looking guy creepily taking photos of the 'salient' parts of nude statues and trying not to attract attention that he was focusing just on the boobs.

paolinab.jpg

This thread is ridiculous. Not just the topic but also the amount of analysis that has gone into it. Is it just me or does anyone else read the thread and sort of laugh?

Yeah, you might think that.. but then what was the guy doing, then? Maybe there is an element of the personal 'hunt' that excites this amateur photographer.

The same thing ("why?") crossed my mind when I visited the Villa Borghese and saw a German-looking guy creepily taking photos of the 'salient' parts of nude statues and trying not to attract attention that he was focusing just on the boobs.

paolinab.jpg

Well, your story was believable until you mentioned that the guy is German. Germans are pretty liberal when it comes to sex. Have you seen the show Liebe Sunde or any of the neighborhood live sex show places co-existing quite nicely with neighbor shops and residences? (Honey, I'm going out for some tomatoes. Do you want me to bring home some live sex show?) Why would the guy need to furtively take pictures of a marble statute?

Why would the guy need to furtively take pictures of a marble statute?
===

Maybe because to him, for whatever reason, the 'furtiveness' is part of the turn on?

That doesn't float my boat, but then I'm not the dictator of the world (a pity)

ta,

mews

This thread is ridiculous. Not just the topic but also the amount of analysis that has gone into it. Is it just me or does anyone else read the thread and sort of laugh?
Yup.

Luckily it's managed to stay on topic or I'd have trouble keeping up with the analysis...

I bet most of us do that with most of the threads!

Well, your story was believable until you mentioned that the guy is German. ... Why would the guy need to furtively take pictures of a marble statute?

Why would I make up such a thing? Maybe he was from some other country but he had a squarish sort of head, blunt features, white, ruddy complexion, glasses, blondish but mostly grey brush cut hair, and was wearing shorts with knee socks and sandals (a decidedly German-tourist look), and he had BO. He was absolutely not Italian or American. It doesn't really matter where he was from since as ha noted you can get most anything on the Internet. As to why anyone would take furtive photos of a statue I cannot say.. that's exactly why I remember him, because he was acting so oddly. He looked like someone that might live in his mother's basement.

sorry.. if you travel in France and Germany you just do come across a higher ambient BO quotient. Sue me. And anyway, who cares? I shouldn't even have responded to BunsGettingFirm calling me out on the German thing. The guy was taking pictures in a creepy way; end of story.

Why would I make up such a thing? Maybe he was from some other country but he had a squarish sort of head, blunt features, white, ruddy complexion, glasses, blondish but mostly grey brush cut hair, and was wearing shorts with knee socks and sandals (a decidedly German-tourist look), and he had BO. He was absolutely not Italian or American. It doesn't really matter where he was from since as ha noted you can get most anything on the Internet. As to why anyone would take furtive photos of a statue I cannot say.. that's exactly why I remember him, because he was acting so oddly. He looked like someone that might live in his mother's basement.

He might have been a plastic surgeon trying to improve his breast augmentation skills. Or a psychology or art history professor doing a monograph on the evolution of portrayal of the female breast in Western art.

Sometimes I think some of you ladies can get an exaggerated idea of the power of your looks. :)

Ha

Maybe he was from some other country but he had a squarish sort of head, blunt features, white, ruddy complexion, glasses, blondish but mostly grey brush cut hair, and was wearing shorts with knee socks and sandals (a decidedly German-tourist look), and he had BO.
Oh, he had BO, of course he was German. Thanks LadelFina for insulting my houseguest of this past weekend who is now on a plane back to Germany and for affirming my earlier decision to put you on ignore--too bad that feature can't screen out quotes from ignorees too.

Oh, he had BO, of course he was German. Thanks LadelFina for insulting my houseguest of this past weekend who is now on a plane back to Germany and for affirming my earlier decision to put you on ignore--too bad that feature can't screen out quotes from ignorees too.

Ya the whole quote thingy kinda breaks down the ignore feature. ;)

Eh, if it werent for that, half of the really ridiculous things some people say would go unnoticed.

...too bad that feature can't screen out quotes from ignorees too.
True. I ran across this same problem earlier, and I was amazed and stunned at the biased ignorance of the quotes I read from someone on my ignore list. I started to reply, but then I realized it made no sense to argue with someone like that and there was a good reason they were on the ignore list in the first place..

True. I ran across this same problem earlier, and I was amazed and stunned at the biased ignorance of the quotes I read from someone on my ignore list. I started to reply, but then I realized it made no sense to argue with someone like that and there was a good reason they were on the ignore list in the first place..

Im sorry. I try to keep my dumb factor low.:(

i cant believe people actually use the ignore feature. i enjoy reading things from those i ignore.....

figure that one out

me, too. thefed.. I like that you stood up for the lady. I just don't want you to get hurt next time.

If Mr. Creepy had a less-than-sexual interest in the statues' boobies he wouldn't have acted so surreptitiously and like he was ashamed; he would have just straightforwardly photographed as many others were doing.

And to the people who didn't like my description .. phooey!. You would make terrible detectives. Hands up all you complainers who think little old ladies shouldn't be searched and that we should do terrorist profiling.... aha!

I honestly don't know what the big deal is.. if I see a guy in an orange or green suit, 99% probability he is Italian. If I see a lady with a teal windbreaker, white sneakers, an eyeshade and a fanny pack, maybe 90% sure she is American. I think people who are so easily offended just like being offended.. so enjoy the heck out of yourselves.

I'm sincerely offended by your assumption that I'm easily offended or offended in any way.

Maybe Mr. Creepy lost a bet with his buddies and had to to it as a gag.

Maybe Mr. Creepy is a performance artist, and you became part of the performance?

Check You-Tube. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom