We check in on the ‘Cool Hand’

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It was a simple as saying ‘Alexia call Cool Hands Eco Dot” and 100+ miles away my son’s Eco Dot starting began beeping. “Hello he said” No matter when I call it sounds like he just got up. Thankfully it sounds as if he’s alone. I said we called to see how things were going? “Everything’s fine except Discreet math? It’s very difficult for me”. I say have you gone to a tutor? “Gia suggested that too” (the squeeze). I said why not? It’s a ll free and your sister did it and it worked great. I have t wonder how a guy who does so well in physics can struggle with a math class? We chit chatted for a few more minutes- No doubt it seem an eternity for my son and I hung up. I followed up with a “Get a tutor Dude text message”

I figure he’s there on our dime so Im entitle to provide a gentle nudge once and a while... I think Ill look up what the heck discreet math is..

Well, if you're calculating how much to pay in bribes or to commit crimes, it could be called discreet math, since you probably don't want it to be discovered! ;)

I have one of those cool hands also. He is now a junior. We cover the bill so over the last 2 yrs I have given direction when needed. First year i told him for every unexcused class absence he owed me $250. It was a good bluff and kept him in class which helped grades. He has now been in school long enough he can figure it out. He has a rough Econ class and each week I spend about 3 hrs with him on the phone going over the material. His choice as he sees the value of help. Yesterday he sent me an assignment to review before he turned it in. First cut was horrible so I told him if you want my help put in more effort. Second cut was much better and then I helped him edit and clean it up. He admitted he just through something together. I said nice try and he just laughed. We then talked about what is truly college level A work. He texted me night and thanked me for my help and said i appreciate your guidance. Some days he gets it.

It was a simple as saying ‘Alexia call Cool Hands Eco Dot” and 100+ miles away my son’s Eco Dot starting began beeping.....

I figure he’s there on our dime so Im entitle to provide a gentle nudge once and a while... I think Ill look up what the heck discreet math is..

Being old school, the idea that echo dot can make LD phone calls for free seems really wonderful, until I realize LD within USA has pretty much disappeared as there are many ways to do it.
Probably an extra benefit when the other person is in another country (if it does that).

As for discreet math, I thought that was the number of previous sexual partners you tell folks :cool:

I guess it's easier on us since the kid I just dropped off last month knows they need to keep up their GPA to keep their scholarship.

Since they know mom & dad won't be paying for a $50,000/year private school...

I looked up discrete math and know less about it then before...yikes.

Back
Top Bottom