We got a "gift" for the big game!

Dimsumkid

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW got an email about winning a contest and needed to fill out a 1099 including her SSN. Of course, there's so many scams out there today we were very skeptical that she actually won. After some investigation, it looked legit, then remembered that she actually entered this contest. Well, we're now the proud owners of this new TV:

Amazon.com: Samsung UN55ES8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Silver): Electronics

All I can say is Wow! The retail price of this tv is well out of price range we'd ever consider, so I'm glad we didn't have to buy it. We're only on the hook for the taxes. Our main tv was a Samsung 40" LCD and comparing the two is like night and day. The sheer size of images on the new tv is quite impressive. I can't tell the difference between 60hz and 240 hz right now, but I'm told I should while watching sports. I'm not sold on all the 3D options this tv offers, or why you'd even want them. You can convert 2D to 3D, overlap images left/right or top/bottom (think analog tv problems with overlapping due to horizontal/vertical hold issues). I'm still trying to figure out all the extras (voice control, facial recognition, motion control, active 3d, wifi, etc) this unit has and it may take me weeks to figure them out.

So the 40" LCD moves to the bedroom and replaces an old 27" tube. Now we're all set for the big game!

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the game on the new TV.

Dude - congratulations! I'll be there on Saturday night with the fixings for some chili and nachos :D

Just joking - that's great news and I hope we all enjoy the game!

Dude - congratulations! I'll be there on Saturday night with the fixings for some chili and nachos :D

Just joking - that's great news and I hope we all enjoy the game!

Thanks, the add on's sound good! I believe we're having pizza and variations of buffalo wings for the spread.

Wow, that's exciting! It looks like a terrific TV and I bet you are going to love it.

I would have simply hit the "delete" button on that email......and would never known what I missed. :facepalm:
I commend you and your good fortune. Hope you enjoy your new TV. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom