Web watchers closing in.

GregLee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As I type this, at the top of my screen I see an ad from Plow & Hearth for a eucalyptus 3 piece bistro set, and it's the very one I bought less than two weeks ago and for the exact price I paid. I'm sure it's not a coincidence. I searched the web for a while, looking someone willing to ship some eucalyptus lawn furniture to Hawaii. Something was watching and keeping track of my shopping. It would be scarier if it realized I already made my purchase, I guess.

GregLee said:
As I type this, at the top of my screen I see an ad from Plow & Hearth for a eucalyptus 3 piece bistro set, and it's the very one I bought less than two weeks ago and for the exact price I paid. I'm sure it's not a coincidence. I searched the web for a while, looking someone willing to ship some eucalyptus lawn furniture to Hawaii. Something was watching and keeping track of my shopping. It would be scarier if it realized I already made my purchase, I guess.

They are very good at this. They call it advertising to suit your individual needs. If you clear out your cookies frequently in your computer it will negate a lot of this, if it bothers you. The airlines and hotels hit me a lot on this after I search for flights.

Gee, all I see are ads for sex toys and nudist resorts. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom