Wednesday Weirdness

Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest - CNN.com

Excerpt from the above link:

A 32-year-old man downed dozens of roaches and worms to win a python at a Florida reptile store, then collapsed and died outside minutes later.​

I searched a bit more, and found some other links that quoted some experts saying that eating roaches should not kill people, especially these that were clean, meaning "farm raised" to be fed to pets such as frogs. Test results will not be available for some time. The only theory ventured was that this man was allergic to roaches, and went into anaphylactic shock. However, people said that he had done this before.

In the search, I happened to run across another death in a weird contest.

In 2007, a 28-year-old mother of three died after participating in a California radio station contest called "Hold Your Wee for a Wii," where she tried to drink large quantities of water without urinating in order to win a gaming console.​

Smugglers tried driving an SUV over the US-Mexico border fence with ramps, but got stuck. They obviously failed to see that the car would not have enough clearance to get over the triangular top of the ramps!

See: Smugglers try driving over US border fence, get stuck.

PS. This is posted on a Wednesday. ;)

7E7ABD195D3421BF6EEAE7CA28B_h366_w650_m6_lfalse.jpg

So, he can serve as a judge, just not judge people like himself?

Texas judge William Adams suspended over video beating to be reinstated | News | National Post

The justices reinstated Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams on Tuesday, a year after they suspended him with pay when a video of him beating his daughter became an Internet sensation.
Adams is scheduled to preside over cases on the regular court docket Wednesday in Rockport, Aransas County District Clerk Pam Heard told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times for an article in Sunday’s edition.
However, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services will no longer present him with cases involving violence against children.
My bold

Back
Top Bottom