What are we reading ?

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I just finished "Eat,Pray ,Love " .It was okay .I'm now reading "The Patron Saint of Liars ". What is everybody else reading ?

Honeymoon with my Brother and Brilliant Teacher

DH just finished A Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs (loved it), he's now reading An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck and Journey of a Hope Merchant by Neal Petersen (the around alone sailor).

Me: Just finished up a Dick Francis novel, Dead Heat, plus one called Retirement for Two and the very irritating New Retirementality (keep working or you'll die of boredom or lack of meaning) and waiting for my textbooks to arrive!
Next week I'll be reading American Government, Business Law, and Western Civilizations from 1869 to Present. I'm really too old to be back in college! Sigh.

I LOVED Honeymoon With My Brother--what a great story! Eat Pray Love was kind of annoying and totally self-centered, I thought. It is supreme chick-lit, though! :)

A variety of non-fiction all the time. Sometimes I have 5-6 books going.

Krakatoa, just started it so not sure how good it is going to be.

Last book I just finished was Honeymoon with my brother. Entertaining, the type you can put down and pick up 3 days later without losing the gist of what it is all about.

Eat Pray Love was kind of annoying and totally self-centered, I thought. It is supreme chick-lit, though! :)

My daughter bought it for me so I had to read it but you are right it was boring .I put "Honeymon with my brother " on my list .

Wealth 101(wealth is much more than money) by John-Roger & Peter McWilliams - a good read so far

Just finished 'Rescuing Sprite' by Mark Levin. About a rescue dog his family adopted. Very moving since Sprite was near the end of his life.

Also read 'T is for Trespass' by Sue Grafton. Much better than her last book. A couple of things bothered me, but they were minor.

Getting ready to start Clive Cussler's new book 'The Chase'.

Clive Cussler The Treasure of Khan

I also like reading the Deathlands series.

The Year's Best Science Fiction, fifteenth annual collection, Gardner Dozois

"Of Fire And Night" Book 5 in the series=The Saga of the Seven Suns
by Kevin J Anderson.
Up next "Diuturnity's Dawn" Book 3 in the series=Founding of the Commonwealth by Alan Dean Foster

Just starting "A Bull in China" by Jim Rodgers.

Just finished "A Free Life" by Ha Jin (a novel about a Chinese man who immigrates to the US)---good not great.

Began The Other Mother by Gwendolyn Gross--about a clash between neighbors (one a stay at home mom, the other who works)---seems promising.

currently reading De Senectute (On Aging) by Cicero

just finished "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova

"Mayflower" by Nathaniel Philbrick. Gives you a whole new perspective on the Europeon settlement of America, and interaction with the Native American Indians, starting about 150 years before the Revolution. Easy to read interesting story, with the history obviously meticuously researched (and documented with the footnotes and bibliography).

That took me from 1620 up through 1676 with just a smattering of coverage up to 1776.

Whet my history appetite, so now I am getting ready for David McCullough's award winning biography "John Adam's". If I like that, I may have to pick up McCullough's "1776" recently out.

I forgot to bring my books so started reading my wife's books. Eat Pray Love, and Where God Was Born. Pretty good books, gotta say they have more of a plot than my own books, such as Chaos, Rare Earth, and The End of Iraq.

Imperial Grunts by Robert Kaplan. Nord's recommended series. Very interesting and different perspective of the people on the ground dealing with various countries around the world.

Next up - The Last Days of the Incas by Kim Macquirie. I love history.

Just finished a few minutes ago John Sanford's Dark of the Moon. I like his Minnesota police detective stories and this one features a minor character from his Lucas Davenport books. About to start James Patterson's Double Cross, yet another Alex Cross mystery.

Also reading Ken Wilber's Quantum Questions, a collection of writings on mysticism and religion by great physicists.

I'm also a mystery reader and my sister got me into Michael Connelly but I'm also a big James Patterson fan .

Back
Top Bottom