What are your plans for Christmas?

We tore into the presents about 10 a.m., then went downtown to the Masonic Lodge for a nice roast beef Christmas dinner....got to visit with a lot of our friends and acquaintances there also!!! Now it's time to spend the rest of the day...maybe even the whole weekend...restin' and relaxin'!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!
xmas-smiley-003.gif

xmas-smiley-039.gif

Hey, we're having a white Christmas at the Iowa-Illinois border directly across the State from Chicago! So cool!!!!

Went on a 22 mile sprint ride with DD, who has lost 15 pounds and can almost beat her daddy, then turkey dinner with lots of wine and champagne.

Hey, we're having a white Christmas at the Iowa-Illinois border directly across the State from Chicago! So cool!!!!

The 3" of snow that had been on the ground, was all gone when I got up this morning...amazing what nearly 3" of rain can do to that white stuff! And the sun was even out a little bit today!!! However, it started snowing a couple of hours ago, 90 miles straight east of ya on I-80, and it looks like we're gonna have that 3" of white stuff back before long! But, hey....I don't care, I ain't got nowhere pressing to go, so.....let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
xmas-smiley-010.gif

Nearly a foot of snow here, so we've postponed Christmas dinner til tomorrow even though pretty much everyone lives within 2 miles of each other. I-80 closed this afternoon west of Lincoln.

Nearly a foot of snow here, so we've postponed Christmas dinner til tomorrow even though pretty much everyone lives within 2 miles of each other. I-80 closed this afternoon west of Lincoln.

Still plenty of snow here in England and most surprisingly is that yesterday it was still on the sea facing cliffs and over much of the beach.

But it is finally warming up :) It is 7:30am and it is 27 but a high of 40 is forecast which is the first time over 32 for a week. Off to watch a soccer game today with my brother and BIL so the warmer weather is very welcome :cool:

Well - got through another holiday dinner yesterday with the DW's relatives (I have none living, on my side).

Confirmed that I have nothing in common with them at all (other than being married to their direct relation - my wife).

Looking forward to another 364 days of peace till I have to see them again :whistle: ...

Well - got through another holiday dinner yesterday with the DW's relatives (I have none living, on my side).

Confirmed that I have nothing in common with them at all (other than being married to their direct relation - my wife).

Looking forward to another 364 days of peace till I have to see them again :whistle: ...
All said so gracefully. I am impressed. :cool:
Been there, done that with LH's family members. :rolleyes:

Spent Christmas alone. I had an invite to brother and sister-in-laws house for dinner but declined. I was just there for Thanksgiving. Have I ever said I enjoy my solitude?:)

Uh-oh. Someone has not been good this year... Photo taken at our house.

Attachments

• CIMG3178.jpg
    CIMG3178.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This forum keeps me more and better company than most of my friends. Well maybe they are not real friends, just acquaintances...:whistle:

Well, Vicente, if you know us in real life, there is a strong possibility that you will find us no different than your other friends. You will discover that we might be obnoxious, racist, sexist, or most benignly, a bore.

I will say that I find anyone who is fluent in another language an interesting person! But then, you may not see that as being special, from a European viewpoint.

This forum keeps me more and better company than most of my friends. Well maybe they are not real friends, just acquaintances...:whistle:
I think those of us who are retired and sitting around in our underwear tend to be a bit happier and dare I say 'more laid back' while typing on the computer keyboard.....:angel:

I wasn't going to mention the underwear thing. :whistle:
The cat's out of the bag now.
Darn that kitty anyhow! :D
Unless I have to go to a volunteer gig, I don't get dressed until around noon. Even then, it's not the full attire. :whistle: Around 8 p.m. I get in my jammies. It's a tough life.....;)

Back
Top Bottom