What are your plans for Christmas?

C'mon now guys...we can live a little Christmas past. This is a pic of me at Christmas when I was about 11 years old. My first 'professional' drawing board. :flowers:

Got any old Christmas pics to share?
Great pic. :D
You inspired me to dig out some older childhood pics and digitize them.
Talk about stirring up the cobwebs. :LOL:

I'm going to guess I was 10 years old, sitting on Santa's lap. So had I been a good girl that year? :whistle:

The second one was taken on a day when The Bird had escaped her crib (see bars to left in pic). ;)

Attachments

• 1224090839.jpg
    1224090839.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 3
  • 1224090840.jpg
    1224090840.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
We drove all the way from Mississippi to KC, Missouri over 3 days. Started out last weekend - stopped in Memphis to take in Graceland, then on to see DH's father in Arkansas, and then the next day on to Missouri to see DH's mother and extended family. Have been hanging out here since trying not to eat and drink too much...

Today all the children/family will come over for Christmas eve dinner, and it will be a madhouse - but fun as always. This weekend we will drive back but will stop for a night in St. Louis, MO. We are going to go up in the arch and also hope to tour the Budweiser plant.

Our Christmas plans have been a little disrupted this year. I had to come over to England as my Dad was sick and then he died before I arrived. Funeral was yesterday so I am now a lot more relaxed and looking forward to Christmas with my 2 sisters and their families plus my brother who has come over from Australia.

On Boxing Day (26th) my brother has tickets for us to go see our local soccer team, Sunderland, in The Stadium of Light playing Everton in a Premier League game. I can't even remember the last time we went to a game together as I went to the USA in 1987 and he to Australia in 1994.

So sorry to hear the news of your father's passing, Alan. It's so difficult when things like this happen, let alone at holiday time. Of course it will make you appreciate family time even more - have a wonderful time with your brother at the soccer game. :flowers:

As for old photos, there's a great one of me getting a toy trumpet on Christmas in my underwear, but it may have been lost in a fire years ago.

So here is one from 1962 and one from 1982:

62DinnerWithMDear.jpg

82AlLenaStockings.jpg

Our Christmas plans have been a little disrupted this year. I had to come over to England as my Dad was sick and then he died before I arrived. Funeral was yesterday so I am now a lot more relaxed and looking forward to Christmas with my 2 sisters and their families plus my brother who has come over from Australia.

My condolences, Alan. This is difficult at Christmastime.

I am glad you will be able to spend some time with your sisters and brother over Christmas.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father Alan. However, I do hope you enjoy your time with your siblings.

Freebird...I love your pics...especially the 'escapee' one. Dang girl, you had a lot of hair! So precious....:smitten:

T Al...love your pics, especially the second one. Whew wee...you were one chick magnet and still are! :cool:

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I just got a text message from DW to say she and DS have arrived safely in Austin with DD for Christmas :) (I was just starting to get worried)

Alan...I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Draw strength and make new, sweet memories with your family this Christmas. I will be thinking of you.

As for old photos, there's a great one of me getting a toy trumpet on Christmas in my underwear, but it may have been lost in a fire years ago.

So here is one from 1982:

Al, it appears that your wife has always been your very big fan. Way to go man.

Ha

Alan, sorry to hear about your dad.

T-Al, do I see a unibrow on your 1982 photo, or is it my poor eyesight?

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I just got a text message from DW to say she and DS have arrived safely in Austin with DD for Christmas :) (I was just starting to get worried)
Alan, I missed your original post about your father. I am so sorry to hear this. :(
Try to remember some good times you spent with him, tell some stories, and be proud to be his son. :flowers:

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, Alan. My sincere condolences, and best wishes for your and your family.

Alan, I am so very sorry to hear of your father's death. Enjoy the time with your family and have a wonderful New Year with your daughter's family.

Our kids and son-in-law just this minute walked in the door, so now the fun begins. Happy holidays and God bless us everyone!

Not doin' any stuff at all. Had a meetup with a 'net friend on Saturday. Can't imagine anything much worse than spending time with relatives.

DD just called from the airport and landed in time to make a connection despite her flight from Denver being an hour late.

She said that they are offering her a free roundtrip flight anywhere if she'll give up her seat and leave tomorrow (Christmas) morning. She said that she is tempted. Amazing how [-]cheap[/-] frugal she is. Wonder where she got that?

As I had too much time on hand, I looked up the following on the Web.

A unibrow (or monobrow) is a "confluence of eyebrows"; i.e., the presence of abundant hair between the eyebrows, so that they seem to converge to form one long eyebrow. The condition of having a unibrow is synophrys.

The words unibrow and monobrow are now in the Oxford English Dictionary, and unibrow was added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary in 2006. Medical dictionaries, such as Dorland's Medical Dictionary, now contain the word synophrys.

In some cultures, the unibrow is viewed as an attractive quality in men and women alike. In some places, it may be associated with purity...

I was tempted to add the word "synophrys" to my list of new words to learn each day, but failed to recall to memory where my existing list was kept. So, I continued to surf the Web further, and found this.

Unibrow Club - We Love Your Unibrow

Have to say that I don't envy you this. I guess it can either be a good or bad thing, depending on whether you were really wanting to be there or whether it was a visit of obligation. Hope it all works out for you though I think it may take me less time to fly SFO to Hong Kong that it will take you to complete your domestic trip.
Amazingly it all went smoothly. The storm held off enough that weather didn't delay the flights much (though a maintenance issue did cost us about 45 minutes on the 2nd flight) and the drive wasn't too bad.

Today the snow started falling pretty good in the afternoon but the only driving was done in town.

I guess I just got caught in a bad mood anticipating delays and possibly being one of those unlucky people trapped in an airport for the holidays, but it didn't happen and we're having a nice visit so far with the family.

Merry Christmas to all.

Alan, sorry to hear about your dad.

T-Al, do I see a unibrow on your 1982 photo, or is it my poor eyesight?

Alan, I missed your original post about your father. I am so sorry to hear this. :(
Try to remember some good times you spent with him, tell some stories, and be proud to be his son. :flowers:

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, Alan. My sincere condolences, and best wishes for your and your family.

Alan, I am so very sorry to hear of your father's death. Enjoy the time with your family and have a wonderful New Year with your daughter's family.

Thanks everyone. It is 8:30am here at my sister's place. Breakfast and gift giving is over (She has an 11 yr old daughter). Soon we'll be off to my other sister's house where my brother plus other nieces and assorted nephews will all be gathering. It is also a White Christmas :dance:

Time to look forward and move on. Next family event to look forward to is the birth of a grandchild for my brother, due end of January.

Glad you made it safely RunningBum.

I was supposed to have dinner with daughter and her boyfriend, at his place. I'm now snowed in with my little dog - daughter's at boyfriend's place. So, making dinner for myself later.:(

Santa filled my daughter's Christmas stocking last night and I keep eating the candy out of it!:blush:

It was raining this morning but now the sun is coming out which makes me happy since we are having a crowd at 4 and one of the tables that we use is on the deck .Merry Christmas Everyone !

My two sons are here for Christmas as well as my best friend and her family. I'm roasting the turkey and setting the table. Everything smells so good!!!!

Back
Top Bottom