What Did You Eat Today?

Yesterday-made rack of lamb sous vide, finished on the grill. Roasted asparagus with bacon. Hasselback potatoes for DS and DH, I had pureed cauliflower with smoked Gouda cheese (for low carb.) I've taste tested it-way better than mashed potatoes. Today-spinach frittata for brunch with coffee and cream.

So I finally looked up souls vide and it takes 7 hours for chicken. Is this correct?

So I finally looked up souls vide and it takes 7 hours for chicken. Is this correct?

Possibly, for a whole chicken, depending on desired temperature, and on what "configuration", (whole bird as is or spatchcocked/butterflied).

Individual pieces would be 1-1/2 hours, give or take.

I dunno about doing entire chicken sous vide. A long period like 7 hours even at a lower temperature like 140-150F can turn the outside meat to mush, yet would be needed to get the internal temperature up to specs. I would do individual pieces for 1 to 2 hours.

This thread needed reviving. From my partial paleo diet - ribeye, brussels sprouts and pan fried potato.

Attachments

• partial paleo lunch.jpg
    partial paleo lunch.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 14
This thread needed reviving. From my partial paleo diet - ribeye, brussels sprouts and pan fried potato.

Your food looks great. Don't you just love the grilling season? We grilled chicken breast and pork roast today on the outdoor grill, along with a bunch of different veggies.

Your food looks great. Don't you just love the grilling season? We grilled chicken breast and pork roast today on the outdoor grill, along with a bunch of different veggies.

Grilling season is the best! I gotta get back to grilling some veggies.

I made cauliflower crust pizza. It was decent but needs tweaking. DH ate a third piece[emoji16]. This low carb diet involves creative recipes, and frankly, most are delicious.

Food pictures from my Italy trip. I only ate one dessert, which is the last picture. It's ice cream, totally full of hazelnuts. The presentations of the were amazing.IMG_4022.JPGIMG_4181.JPGIMG_4183.JPG

Eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee. Skipped lunch. Dinner - TBD.

I wasn't that hungry today either.

Breakfast: one cup of black coffee

Lunch: small bowl of crawfish and corn chowder (spicy and so good!) with one piece of toast on the side. Water to drink.

Dinner: ? not hungry. Maybe a little fruit or something.

Breakfast: a smoothie with mango, banana, raspberries, cilantro, coconut yogurt and 2% milk. Yum!

Lunch: I'm going to a potluck!

Dinner: probably the leftovers from the zesty quinoa salad that I am bringing to the potluck. Might add some avocado at that point. But not now. Avocado does not travel well once opened!

Breakfast: 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs cooked in a little butter, 1 pc of Canadian bacon, low carb wrap, coffee
Lunch: nothing. Still full from breakfast.
Early dinner: grilled sirloin, braised kale and yellow squash, cheddar cheese for dessert

We're on a stretch of atypical very hot and humid weather, and it seems to deplete my appetite. Maybe I'm just filling up on water...

Breakfast: oatmeal with brown sugar and butter, two hard-baked eggs, glass o' milk.

PWS (post-workout shake): frozen berries, a banana, half scoop of whey powder, milk.

Lunch: Hotdogs with onions, dill relish, and tomatoes; baked potato chips.

Suppuh: Leftover beef stroganoff.

Im trying to talk the bride out of this suggestion:"left overs". Im shocked we have any. They must have been hidden from me. I pride myself with getting rid of any dinner that remains by midnight. Some how a 3rd rib steak(at least a pound and a half) and maybe a half of pound of long Fusilli is available. Along with 2 chicken Lombardi cutlets and maybe another half of pound of wide noodles. Perish the thought that if we eat this tonight what will I do for my midnight snack.

Since DW is off grandkidding I made myself a hummus, Spanish onion, and hot pepper ring(s) sandwich on pita bread for lunch. Am I eligible for 'Foodie' status now?

had smoked ribs and corn last night, leftovers will be for lunch today.
slow cook the ribs in the oven, then sauce them up and throw in the smoker for a bit. Delish!

Roasted lamb, outside though, and tomato/ red onion/ cucumber salad, and pickled beet root and romaine lettuce. We can eat lettuce at lunch, but avoid at night.
Edit to add it was delicious, very tender lamb marinated in olive oil and thyme(from my garden).

Last edited:
I am about to go out to the deck to sear some veal shanks to make veal osso buco. Just went on the Web to look at some recipes to refresh my memory on how long to braise it (2-1/2 hours).

I invited to dinner some neighbors at the high-country home. They are full-timers living down the road, and they watch out for my home when I am not here, plus I have known them for the 12 years since I have been here.

Last edited:
Gonna smoke/roast a whole chicken in the egg in an hour or so. It's "aromatizing" in a gallon zip-lock with wine, soy, S&P, teriyaki and scallions. Got some corn on the cob too.

Veal shanks are looking good. Though I cooked with just a bit more than a cup of white wine, the mirepoix and the meat release quite a bit of liquid. I will let it braise for a bit more, before lifting the solids out and reducing the juice, then thickening it to make sauce.

I am hungry, having eaten just a light brunch today. Guests will arrive in 1/2 hour. The aroma will drive them nuts while I make the sauce.

A shrimp salad for dinner. Nice and light.

We were down on the river walk today and DW wanted a margarita. After our walk we sat out on the deck overlooking the river and springs. Great day for the tubers!

We ended up with a margarita and chips with queso(of a sort). Anyway it was enough junk to tide us over to dinner.

Turkey burgers for lunch and pork ribs, chicken and sausage pending for dinner (still on the grill). Sides: BBQ beans for lunch, grilled corn on-the-cob and baked sweet potato fries for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom