What Did You Eat Today?

Home made latte with high fat milk for breakfast (figure 400 calories), kosher hot dog and 8-ish oz of full-fat cottage cheese (~500 calories) and a couple of "yellow bellies" (Coors beers) while prepping dinner for the kids. Will top off shortly with some salami, Swiss Cheese and corn chips. Trying to keep it under 2000 calories/day until I get back on the bike on a regular basis.

Egg whites and half a Quest bar for breakfast, cheeseburger open faced with 45-calorie Sara Lee bread, mustard & pickles plus a side salad for lunch, Weight Watchers fudgesicle for a snack, salmon & grilled veggies for dinner with dry rose wine.

Breakfast: 2x 180 calory egg mcmuffins, and an apple cut up into apple butter, about 450 calories total.

Lunch: Homemade lasagna at 480 calories, with kale chips, and half a serving of cereal for dessert, all totaling about 600 calories.

Snack: Just baked some protein banana bread. 350 calories.

Dinner: Cast Iron dutch oven roasted whole chicken rubbed with smoked paprika and salt and pepper, cooked with potatoes and green beans, just tossed in a stick of butter and half a jar of pepperoncinis to make a broth as the chicken cooks down. It's going to be delicious.

Sausages browned on 2 sides in pan, then water added and cooked until done. Added chopped fresh garlic and some chopped Shishito Takara hot peppers from my garden for the last 5 minutes. Also had a few "Hop Hog IPA" brewskis from Lancaster Brewery in Pa.

Made a pot of chili. Used bison for the protein, Chilies, peppers, tomatoes and onions came out of the garden this morning.

Breakfast: savoury spicy omelette with homemade pesto, heirloom tomatoes and grated Parmiggiano-Romano. Homemade poppyseed yeast bread with locally sourced organic lemon honey. Coffee with milk.

Breakfast: I wanted waffles, juice and coffee. What I got was 1 cup of coffee, life got in the way.
Lunch, what I wanted was grilled Swiss on rye with sliced Tomato. what I got was grilled Swiss on white , no tomato.

Dinner, I am getting what I wanted :), Eggplant Parmigiana, Semolina bread, some kind of Pasta, all is good.

Hit the sushi bar for lunch, BBQ pulled pork sammies for supper.

Saw some Hatch chili at the local store. It must be the beginning of green chili season. So I bought 5 to make green pork chili. Roasted them, then peeled. Ended up using only 2 in the pot, and froze the remaining. Last time, I made it way too hot. This is only the 2nd time I made this dish.

Pot is simmering on a cooktop in the back patio. Looking forward to having it for dinner.

Dim Sum from 99 Ranch. The woman behind the counter called me a coward for not trying the breaded chicken feet.

I'm makin' jalapeno's stuffed with cheese and bacon and grilled on the barbee

Breakfast was a couple protein pancakes dipped in mashed up bananas with an open face egg sandwich.

Lunch was a small doughnut from a downtown specialty bakery and a split BLT and onion soup from a nearby pub since we were in the area looking at a new task chair. It was great.

Dinner was corned beef hash, a couple eggs and some broccoli. Still really good, all mashed together. It was like a garbage plate, but with a veggie.

Two eggs over easy with home grown tomatoes for breakfast. (I love my Gothan frypan.)

Italian sausages and onions cooked in pasta sauce and a salad for lunch (no pasta though).

Miscellaneous snacks (cheese, a handful of concord grapes, nuts)

Leftovers for dinner.

I just came back from playing sand volleyball and I feel like having some ice cream.... Hmm... OK, one big mouthful of chocolate ice cream.

Last edited:
Breakfast: peach, strawberry and banana smoothie, with Greek yogurt and coconut milk.
Lunch: caprese salad.
Supper: tea, homemade country bread hot out of the oven, with butter and peach jam.

I ate healthy today. Nothing processed.

Breakfast: Peach chopped into Greek yogurt.
Lunch: Eggplant balls in a hot Italian sausage ragu, over sautéed zucchini with pecan basil pesto.
Dinner: Coleslaw with spiralized carrot (Coodles?), julienned red cabbage and cucumber, with lemon juice and EVOO.

I made the eggplant dish yesterday and this was some of the leftovers. Tomorrow I will have some more, with pasta, and some more of the coleslaw. Those eggplant balls are time consuming to make!

Last edited:
Tuna salad sammies

Grilled chicken, avocado, peppers, red onions, lettuce, and tomatoes on ciabatta.

Last edited:
Brunch: pancakes + tea
Dinner: Pork tenderloin stew with boiled potatoes + white wine

Before church I had a 3 egg omelet with cheese and some habanero salsa stirred in.

At 1, the whole famn damily came in for ma's BD party.
Veggies, dip, peel and eat shrimp, cocktail sauce, some poke. Washed down with some of my sauvignon blanc, fume blanc, riesling, valdeguie, or a sangiovese rose'.
The entree was filet mignon, carmelized onions, peppers, and/or mushrooms, parsleyed red skin potatoes, green beans fixed with bacon and almond slivers, wax beans, washed down with a 2012 petite syrah, and 2015 cab sauv.
Dessert was BD cake and various ice creams, washed down with coffee.

I had no room for dinner.

Breakfast was steel cut oats with banana, blueberries and strawberries.

We went out for lunch. I had a lamb gyro and DW fish and chips. A little odd, but most of the restaurants in town use salmon for the fish. Surprisingly good!

Dinner was a spatchcocked chicken. A little potato with roasted garlic. We'll have chicken salad for lunches for a while.

After Mass, went to the bakery. I picked up 3 large Napoleons. Instead of a Kcup coffee, these things were screaming for a pot of coffee. So far 2 Napoleons about 4 mugs of coffee(1 sugar, and half and half). Its 125 PM and it doesn't look like lunch will be happening today, Mom is not happy, Ill stay on the couch with her..

Breakfast was a bowl of frozen berries nuked for a few minutes to warm them up and then a squirt of whipped cream. Okay, I buried them in whipped cream. A few hours later a half dozen or so Doritos. Those things are evil. Lunch was a salad with Italian dressing, some chopped chicken and ham and grated cheddar cheese. There was a little of the green stuff peeking out from the ham and cheese.

Didn't roll out of bed till noon, my son and his girlfriend were making deep fried Twinkie's and Oreo's. So a mug of coffee and deep fried stuff for breakfast.
No, this is not a regular occurrence but sometimes you need to go with the flow.

........ Lunch was a salad with Italian dressing, some chopped chicken and ham and grated cheddar cheese. There was a little of the green stuff peeking out from the ham and cheese.

Thats my kind of salad. I think the first time I ever ate a chefs salad I was about 35 years old. I didnt know what is was. But we were in a diner and everyone was eating light. So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. :LOL: Now thats a salad.

Back
Top Bottom