What do you pay for a haircut?

Usually $15 to $20. I use the same place, but they charge different prices, seemingly at random. If I clip myself I can lengthen the time between cuts, but even with a friend on the clippers it doesn't look as good as a professional cut.

The DW used to do it, but when she had her brain removed she lost her nerve and won't touch it. Now I pay $3.00 plus whatever I feel like tipping. Normally I tip more than the cost of the cut.

I paid 14 dollars about 7 years ago.....for a pair of clippers.

Go go shaving your head to save cash! (I would like to send out a special thank you to people like Micheal Jordan which enabled us this great haircut!)

I think my haircuts cost $10.95 at Supercuts, plus $2 tip. I get it cut really short about 4-6 times/year, and the timing is usually related to what meetings are on my calendar at work. By the time I'm ready for another cut, it's quite a bit longer.

When I retire, I plan to start cutting my hair myself again. Right now, I am getting it cut because of work.

I bought a pair of clippers back in about 1975, and have cut my own hair ever since. I've cut it an average of about 4 time per year for the last 32 years.....so the cost of haircuts now are about 16¢.....and dropping each time! :D

gulp, i just got my first cut/color since february - the tab was $130 :eek:

thankfully i had a gift cert from my bff O0

will probably go for next cut in 6 months and i do the color on my own for about $5 every 6-8 weeks.

i must say, i do look like i just stepped out of a salon...O0

it seems i might equal some of the fellers who go every 4 weeks for about $15/pop...$150-180/year seems about right.

Around C$13.00, U.S.$13.00:D, every 6 weeks.

And I've got a full head of hair, but it's greying quickly!:rant:

$8 buzz once a month. I used to do it myself but I decided it was worth the $100 per year to have it done.

Since I'm in the reserves, I have to get a haircut at least once a month for my drill weekend, sometimes more more if I'm going to be on orders for some special reason (I get good extra pay for these times). If I go to the on-base barber shop, it's $7.50 plus I normally tip $1.00. However, I prefer to go to an off-base establishment where I get what I believe is a better haircut, though my wife isn't so sure. When I go there, it's $10 plus the $1 tip.

Ge whizz, that tipping thing in the US is weird. It sure complicates life when even on a haircut, you all seem to have set a price in your mind as to what you will pay including the tip, but you all have to do mental arithmetic to ensure that you give the tip you want to give.

Not only that, it is obviously not a spur-of-the-moment decision as you all know in advance what tip you will give so it is no reward for good service at all.

Do you tip motor mechanics as well? Electricians? Postmen?

For the last three years I have cut my own with a pair of barber's scissors. I wear it slightly longer on the sides than when I was working which makes it easier than a close cut. I went in for a professional cut about two years ago and didn't see much difference from my own cut so I haven't bothered since.

I decided to try cutting my hair myself after I got tired of the person who was cutting my hair at the time. As I remember it was $30 + $5 tip don't remember how often. I don't mind cutting my own hair. I bought 3 types of scissors and go at it. No real plan just start cutting until I like it (or not). If I don't like it I have no one to blame. But it didn't cost me anything either.:D

bright eyed;593332 i do the color on my own for about $5 every 6-8 weeks. i must say said:
The few times I've colored my own hair it was a disaster .I looked like Lucille Ball with dry hair .

$0. Been cutting my own since I stopped working, and I cut Gabes too. So far my wife isnt taking the bait.

I can do at least as good a job as a basic barber shop haircut, and Gabes looks way better than the standard bowl cut most 3 year olds seem to be getting.

$28.00 plus a $7.00 tip. I get a haircut about every six weeks. My wife will shear my neck about every two weeks ( I think she doesn't charge me, but I'm not quite sure about this). I know it's time to get a haircut when my eyebrows become noticiably (sp)? grey and bushy.

I pay $29 every 6 weeks or so for a wet cut (I walk out with it still wet). My stylist charges $46 to cut and comb, and I don't like the way he combs. So I only let him cut. I usually tip about $5. I color my own hair, those pesky grays are easy to turn red. I trim my own neckline in the shower between cuts.

The few times I've colored my own hair it was a disaster .I looked like Lucille Ball with dry hair .

my color's easy, one step - nothing fancy - and dark brown - no highlights or anything to lift...if it was more complicated i wouldn't do it myself - although i have tried in my younger days when i didn't have to try to squeeze it in between kiddy naps etc...

you can get professional color supplies at the beauty supply and the cost difference is huge! i also do my mom's color. cut my daughter's hair and no, they don't have bowl cuts! used to cut my own when it was short, but got over doing that...

Maybe red is a stretch, let's say warm auburn. No the trouble is in the men that we attract, we are prefectly safe.

$15 per cut plus $5 tip...about 4x a year. Enjoy the company of my "stylist" more than the experience itself!

BF shaves the "dome" daily, so razors run him some $$ - probably $20/mo (?)....doing it yourself does not always save $$$ :)

Huh! I buy a $20.00 Norelco rotary every 2 years for $30.00. (replacement blades are $28.00, figure that). I use it on my face and give a quick run all over my head not trying to get it anywhere near perfect. Then I use the new Gillette Fusion on my head in the shower. Blades last one month as pruning the noggin with the Norelco makes the Fusion blade work less, also less pulling. I alternate between a squirt of hand cream and just regular soap instead of shaving cream.

About $50-60 a year.

W

Ge whizz, that tipping thing in the US is weird. It sure complicates life when even on a haircut, you all seem to have set a price in your mind as to what you will pay including the tip, but you all have to do mental arithmetic to ensure that you give the tip you want to give.

Not only that, it is obviously not a spur-of-the-moment decision as you all know in advance what tip you will give so it is no reward for good service at all.

Do you tip motor mechanics as well? Electricians? Postmen?

i've been with the same barber for about 20 years. she only keeps half her fee, the rest goes to rent her space in the store. once a month for 45 minutes she has sharp scissors to my scalp. why would i even consider tipping any less than i do a waiter who spends all of 7 minutes on me or a bartender who spends all of 56 seconds. why do i tip the bartender? because i like it when he doesn't delay on servicing my thirst just like i like it when my barber doesn't draw blood. also if i have an appointment after being with her it's nice to know she'll shampoo me again to get all the little cut hairs off.

as to the math, when i can no longer figure the percentage of a tab, just shoot me.

Back
Top Bottom