What does your sleep position reveal about your personality?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Our lives, the amount of sleep we get, and how well we actually rest during those nighttime hours may change drastically over time. However, one sleep researcher says that our body position in bed could say something about who we are, not just what else is happening in our lives What does your sleep position reveal about your personality? - Healthy Living on Shine
So, what's your "sleep personality"? I'm mostly "yearner"
Yearner position - A close third is the side-lying position with both arms out in front of the body, with 13% of partipants sleeping like this. Yearners are noted to be open-minded and still cynical, suspicious, and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.
Open minded but cynical and stubborn. Not sure how those fit together. I guess it's kind of - "I think you're a lying sack of bull manure and nothing will make me think differently. but I'll hear you out before making up my mind"

This is total BS like horoscopes and astrology.

I do not sleep like any of the most popular options. The closest would be the fetus position, except I have my right leg straight and my left leg is curled up. I guess that must mean that I have a weird personality.

I thrash around in a lot of different positions over the course of a typical night. Does that make me schizophrenic?

Interesting studies have been done on this. I'm a soldier...but nobody in my entire life has called me quiet.:LOL: I was the kid who got "lacks self control" each grade school report card 'cause I talked too much in class....:D I call it career development...the teachers called it annoying.

However, reserved..not really except when I want to be...but the higher standard part is true (just ask my child who's not particularly thrilled about this facet of my personality I think).

Hmmm they don't have the face down in the pillow with butt up in the air and hands clasped behind back position I prefer to sleep in. I wonder what that could possibly mean about me?

I found my sleep position in the list and the description sounds nothing like me at all.

Back
Top Bottom