What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Found this item on a video by Essential Craftsman "8 gift ideas for men". One is a 10-gallon size Rubbermaid Brute trash can, for the workshop of course. What is down there now is a round trash can painted to look like a Schlitz beer can, purchased way back when Schlitz was actually a good beer. DW has always disliked it. If you use the link under the video you get a pretty good discount, from $25 to $17 and change. I picked the yellow one, figuring it would be easy to see, and the ten-gallon size. A standard 13-gallon size kitchen trash bag fits nicely in it and is tight enough at the top that it won't fall in.

Link to trash can (discount may not work, you may have to go from the youtube link). Also, if you change colors more than once the discount goes away.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-C...1900f5bd4ad5f1eaea5c9c54110b7b&language=en_US

Laptop screen on the fritz. Ordered a video cable for laptop. I foresee taking apart my laptop in the future :(.

Cable won't arrive until after new year (all the way from China).

Laptop screen on the fritz. Ordered a video cable for laptop. I foresee taking apart my laptop in the future :(.

Cable won't arrive until after new year (all the way from China).

some sort of special that your local PC supply house doesn't carry?

some sort of special that your local PC supply house doesn't carry?

Amazon is my local PC supply house :).

Good suggestion though. That's okay as I'm in no rush to disassemble my laptop :(.

Two Iphone 6S battery replacement kits, ours are dying a sped up death now, battery capacity falls off quickly. Will be fun to get back into this type of working on electronics....

Amazon is my local PC supply house :).

Good suggestion though. That's okay as I'm in no rush to disassemble my laptop :(.

i hear ya. had to partially disassemble one of ours a few years back. i set up my phone to record the disassemble to help me re-assemble. no casualties.

if you haven’t already you should surf on over to http://www.microcenter.com. that’s my goto shop. if you’re lucky there’ll be a retail store near you.

good luck with the surgery.

Or head to your neck. Extended family member died in such an accident. Do not wear loose clothing, ever. No strings or floppiness of any kind.
Former co-w*rker almost died. He survived but lost the use of his left arm. Given he was a lefty and w*rked with his hands it wasn't good.

He was doing a simple mindless task, trimming the flares from butt logs. Chain walked up the end of the log and kicked. Another guy saw him and plugged his neck up enough to slow the bleeding until help arrived.

i hear ya. had to partially disassemble one of ours a few years back. i set up my phone to record the disassemble to help me re-assemble. no casualties.

if you haven’t already you should surf on over to http://www.microcenter.com. that’s my goto shop. if you’re lucky there’ll be a retail store near you.

good luck with the surgery.

Been awhile since I've been to a microcenter. I don't see a video cable there for my laptop and I don't mind waiting for that in the mail. But they do have cool stuff at a microcenter.

A kinda unique cordless screwdriver. What's unique is there is a built in extender for tight spaces.

I put up some boards against a wall recently for some added shelving. The process was on the cumbersome side. A big reason is I didn't have a small enough electric screwdriver for the screws connecting to the shelf brackets.

The tough part of the order is it will take about 5 days for the screwdriver to arrive, which feels like an eternity :(.

Attachments

• worx screwdriver.jpg
    worx screwdriver.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 51
...............The tough part of the order is it will take about 5 days for the screwdriver to arrive, which feels like an eternity :(.
Yea, how did we live through the days of "allow 6 to 8 weeks for shipping"?

I can't fully complain though as by procrastinating one night, saved me about $8. I placed the item I thought about buying in my Amazon cart.

When I woke up, the price decreased by about $3 and the different seller than then one that was selling when placed in the cart didn't charge any tax. Better lucky than good :D.

I ordered a Cuisenart double Belgian waffle maker. It was supposed to be a next day item but they sent an update saying it would take an extra day. When it did not show after two more days I checked and it said “item is being returned to Amazon due to a problem with the delivery and your account will be refunded 3-5 days after the return is processed by Amazon! Wow! Good thing it wasn’t for Xmas. I went ahead and reordered (still listed for next day delivery).

I decided to try and cancel my order of that screwdriver I ordered that has the long shipping time. I had a chance to read the reviews on the seller (third party, non-Amazon) and about 20% in the previous month is negative. Some of the complaints is the slow shipping. Later than promised.

Wished I had read the feedback sooner before placing the order in the first place. Ordering stuff from Amazon, but not sold by Amazon isn't always an easy process :(.

1. Four 9V batteries for the keypad entries in my four exterior doors. I change them all every January just to make sure they are reasonably fresh.

2. An Amazon gift card for my DD and DSIL, to be delivered by email. It took an hour to do this because the button to complete the sale did not show up at all in my cart. I was sure this must be due to heavy website traffic or a glitch. Eventually I rebooted my computer, and there was the button, problem solved. :duh:

Two recessed "mega roll ready" toilet paper holders.

A wooden crepe making turner, not for crepes, but because it is so handy for so many other things I cook. I also got a bottle of concentrated eggnog flavoring. I mix a bit of this with some cream and rum. Delicious.

Looks like I'll get that screwdriver I ordered after all.

May be pure coincidence (but I think not) that about an hour after my requesting a refund, I get an email saying, too late for refund, but the package is on the way.

Should arrive by Fedex sometime on Thursday :).

An Epson printer. Tired of those small ink cartridges. Shaq sold me!

Back
Top Bottom