What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Just ordered an electric fly swatter called "The Executioner".

https://www.amazon.com/Executioner-...70147217&sr=1-6&keywords=electric+fly+swatter

During the summer some flies sneak in and hopefully this will work better than a regular swatter.

I've never had an electric fly swatter before so this should be interesting :).

Frank has one and uses it all the time. He loves it! I hope you do, too. It not only kills the bugs, but also it's fun (or so he says). I borrowed it when a bee got in my house, but I didn't think it was that fun because I was scared to death of the bee and of what could happen if it survived my first attempt at killing it. :LOL: Turned out it left via the door so I didn't have find out.

Lsbcal, I got six pairs of cheap readers off Amazon too, to leave around the house in various convenient places. The ones I bought were a little cheaper but didn't have the nice cases like yours. They are just fine for me and I love the cheap prices. I also bought a moderate priced pair of readers to keep by my easy chair where I spend more time reading.

Last edited:
Frank has one and uses it all the time. He loves it! I hope you do, too. It not only kills the bugs, but also it's fun (or so he says). I borrowed it when a bee got in my house, but I didn't think it was that fun because I was scared to death of the bee and of what could happen if it survived my first attempt at killing it. :LOL: Turned out it left via the door so I didn't have find out.

Lsbcal, I got six pairs of cheap readers off Amazon too, to leave around the house in various convenient places. The ones I bought were a little cheaper but didn't have the nice cases like yours. They are just fine for me and I love the cheap prices. I also bought a moderate priced pair of readers to keep by my easy chair where I spend more time reading.

W2R,

That's funny about the bee ending up leaving through the door.

There were three flies that I killed yesterday using the slipper method. My zapper won't arrive until Thursday. As of today, no flies which is a good thing. But I think they are sneaking in through a small gap between my sliding balcony window.

I've been reading different versions of a electronic swatter and there are those that use AA batteries, those that run on C batteries, those that are rechargeable and of course of varying quality plastic and ones safer (with different layers) or not.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1470164244.066412.jpg

Just ordered an electric fly swatter called "The Executioner".

https://www.amazon.com/Executioner-...70147217&sr=1-6&keywords=electric+fly+swatter

I've never had an electric fly swatter before so this should be interesting :).

I got one free from Harbor Freight with some tool purchase. I tested it on myself - mmm yeah don't do that unless you enjoy the smell of burnt skin for an hour! It really zaps you. Oh and it stays charged even after you turn it off at the switch (the warning sticker mentioned this which I didn't read until after the fact) :facepalm:

I got one free from Harbor Freight with some tool purchase. I tested it on myself - mmm yeah don't do that unless you enjoy the smell of burnt skin for an hour! It really zaps you. Oh and it stays charged even after you turn it off at the switch (the warning sticker mentioned this which I didn't read until after the fact) :facepalm:

Thanks for the fair warning. I see on youtube where there are a folks who video themselves getting zapped. A glutton for punishment or attention, I suppose :facepalm:. Probably the best description is treat these thing like any other bug control things. In other words, safety first.

My bug zapper racket arrives later today. Now, I just need some flies.

Update: I showed some mercy as a fly snuck in my place but since I haven't received my zapper yet, I just let the fly back out through the window. I thought about using that fly as a test for my zapper but since I had no quarrel (the fly didn't go buzzing around me or on my dining table, but just "sat" by the window), I gave the darn thing a break and set it free.

Last edited:
Relpacement battery for 2010 model MacBook Pro.

Three-hole punch for work. Tired of chasing youngins around the office for a three-hole punch. Gonna chain this to my cube somehow.

Relpacement battery for 2010 model MacBook Pro.

Three-hole punch for work. Tired of chasing youngins around the office for a three-hole punch. Gonna chain this to my cube somehow.

you guys aren't paperless?

you guys aren't paperless?
OMG, we print everything. Then we print it for the guvvies.
It's mostly 11x17 b/w, but we do color! Oh yeah, we pdf stuff and email that to others so that they may print glorious 11x17 prints for their binders.

I could go on a whole rant about the many ways to bind these gargantuan sheets. Large 3-ring binders with 3-hole punch. Paperless punch. Fold over clasps. Lock-down hinge.

OMG, we print everything. Then we print it for the guvvies.
It's mostly 11x17 b/w, but we do color! Oh yeah, we pdf stuff and email that to others so that they may print glorious 11x17 prints for their binders.

I could go on a whole rant about the many ways to bind these gargantuan sheets. Large 3-ring binders with 3-hole punch. Paperless punch. Fold over clasps. Lock-down hinge.

we put everything in onenote now - no more paper, way more secure too

Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BP786N
on special today for $47.50
Reviews say its a good one.

LED dusk to dawn porchlight. Very bright (2300 lumens), low consumption (25 watt) and long life (45,000 hours)

Has discreet LED's, so not repairable, but low cost, $50 and should last 15 years.

s0794904_sc7
A couple of 128 Gig type 3.0 thumb drives , just to backup pictures, and document directory from our computers.

They are still on sale, and if you join their rewards program, you get free shipping at $15 purchase.

PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (P-FD128TBOP-GE) | Staples®

I reformatted mine to NTFS so it will take large files (over 4 Gig) and work on Windows and Linux and Mac Machines.

A new pond pump for the koi pond.

Sent from my VS986 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

D-mannose powder to add to Cleopas's (cat with CKD) food.........great for preventing UTI's which such cats frequently get.....she has not had an infection for almost a year now, since I started adding this to her food. NOW is the brand name. It's actually marketed to humans for the same condition. have not had a need yet to try it on myself. Also a text for one of my on-line classes. i wont need t for several weeks yet, but it was the practical way to get to free shipping.

Last edited:
Just ordered an Iowa Hawkeye flag. Football season is just around the cornet. Go Hawks.

My son just bought me a new pair of shoes from Amazon recently. :)

I ordered an Anova sous vide circulator, and a container and lid. I discovered sous vide through ER forums here, and have been using my crock pot, etc. I can't wait to cook with a circulator. I also got a cheap rack to hold the bags in place. Last, a new set of blue tooth headphones for DH; his old ones broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Received my Nada-Chair Back-Up back support for reducing back pain while sitting in a chair. It seems to help but we will see how well it works in the long run.

Cheers!

I decided to try filling an Amazon Prime Pantry box today for the first time. You fill the (virtual) box with non-perishable household goods like detergent, canned goods, TP, or whatever, and all is delivered to your doorstep.

My impressions are that the prices are a little steep for most things. My box full cost $75 but I applied $10 in credit card rewards so it was only $65.

Normally shipping is $5.99 per (virtual) box full, but I got free shipping since I waited for the "no rush" shipping on a previous non-pantry item that I ordered.

Overall I don't think that this is something I will do very much because of the prices. I was just in a mood and wanted to try it.

I decided to try filling an Amazon Prime Pantry box today for the first time. You fill the (virtual) box with non-perishable household goods like detergent, canned goods, TP, or whatever, and all is delivered to your doorstep.

My impressions are that the prices are a little steep for most things. My box full cost $75 but I applied $10 in credit card rewards so it was only $65.

Normally shipping is $5.99 per (virtual) box full, but I got free shipping since I waited for the "no rush" shipping on a previous non-pantry item that I ordered.

Overall I don't think that this is something I will do very much because of the prices. I was just in a mood and wanted to try it.

I order a lot of stuff for my small (tiny) business, and they keep offering me $5 for Prime Pantry if I go for slower shipping. I looked into it, since my customers aren't in any great hurry, but as you said, the items seem overpriced and there just isn't much there that I want. I suspect that's an Amazon service/product that isn't going to make it in the long run. Now if they were offering $s for Amazon video, I'd probably go for it.

I managed to zap my first fly last night with my new bug zapper. The zap was more of a stun then finish the job than a zap and evaporate all at once.

Overall, I like zapper more than a regular fly swatter or shoe :).

Last edited:
The last thing ordered from Amazon is a light fixture and matching mirror for our bathroom remodel. These were ordered from Amazon because 1) they had the same price as everywhere else and 2) I could pay with an Amazon gift card (which was bought at Fred Meyer during the 4x the fuel points promotion). DH is all about those fuel points.

I managed to zap my first fly last night with my new bug zapper. The zap was more of a stun then finish the job than a zap and evaporate all at once.

Overall, I like zapper more than a regular fly swatter or shoe :).
For the cheapskates here (you know who you are), here is a Horrible Fright coupon for a free zapper with any purchase. I usually buy a 50 cent throw away paint brush to fulfill the any purchase part.

Digital Savings and Coupons from Harbor Freight

Back
Top Bottom