What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A truffle shaver.

Really? Do you buy fresh truffles, too? White, or black, or both? The flavor and aroma of freshly shaved white truffle over some creamy risotto is absolutely one of the most sublime experiences imaginable... when it comes to food. :)

Ok... I'm convinced you can get ANYTHING on Amazon. A bollard jumped out in front of my car the other day and I dented the plastic bumper on my Highlander Hybrid. (Yes, I hit the bollard, I know this.... really stupid mistake on my part.)

Dollar signs started floating in front of my eyes. DH suggested I price the bumper online - and we could replace it ourselves OR take it to a shop to replace it for a lot less than if they had to get the part.

Amazon had my bumper for not to much $$$. $178 shipped.

314O7rqGtGL.jpg

I also ordered the little clippy things that attach the bumper. DH and Older son are going to implement the repair (I hope) this week.

I use Amazon a fair bit but recently decided to try Jet.com. They keep sending popups for 10% off and there was an item I needed that was out of stock at 2 nearby stores. Of course I padded the order with household items to get free 2 day shipping and a better discount. I placed a $35 order at 11am on Weds and the box was delivered by 8am Thurs. The prices were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Really? Do you buy fresh truffles, too? White, or black, or both? The flavor and aroma of freshly shaved white truffle over some creamy risotto is absolutely one of the most sublime experiences imaginable... when it comes to food. :)

Yes, but only recently. Some fresh black summer truffles and they are nowhere near as good as the white ones. I would say 10% of the flavor.

I am going to order some fresh white winter truffles this year. Brutally expensive, more than caviar, but is keeping with my "blow more dough" theme in my retirement.

New toner cartridge for my laser printer.
It has served me extremely well for eight years, so it deserved an official Brother brand cartridge.

Some time ago I bought the Miccus Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for the TV/Roku/BluRay in the bedroom because it had an optical input port.
Miccus Home RTX Mini- Bluetooth v4.1 LOW LATENCY audio Transmitter or Receiver with TOSLINK optical, perfect for adding wireless to TV, PC or Gaming (Single- Link)
Miccus came out with low latency fairly inexpensive ($60) headphones so I decided to give them a try.
Miccus LOW LATENCY Bluetooth v4.1 Over-Ear Headphones, HD Sound, Ideal for TV, Movies, Games, NO LIP SYNC, Foldable with Hard Case - (SR-71 Stealth)
We already have these which are great for me so I keep stealing them to use in other rooms.
iDeaUSA Bluetooth Headphones with Mic, APT-X Wireless Over-ear Headphones for TV, 14 Hours Playback

I just pre-ordered the 2nd generation Echo Dot for $49.99! The price of the new one is $50 less than the original $99 1st generation Echo Dot. I was already planning on buying a Dot at Christmas, so I'm happy to see I'll now only spend half as much and also get a newer version. The 2nd generation begins to ship on 10/20. :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DFKC2SO?tag=delt-20

I just pre-ordered the 2nd generation Echo Dot for $49.99! The price of the new one is $50 less than the original $99 1st generation Echo Dot. I was already planning on buying a Dot at Christmas, so I'm happy to see I'll now only spend half as much and also get a newer version. The 2nd generation begins to ship on 10/20. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered an Echo Dot for our second home. We have speakers set up that I use to plug in my phone, so the Dot will be enough. Lately I've been taking Alexa with me from home to the mountain house because I miss her after a couple of days. For $50, it's worth getting a Dot to leave at the other house.

Thanks! I just ordered two to be used as Xmas presents!

Interesting. Do you need an Echo for Dot to work?

I've never used one before, but it is my understanding that the Echo Dot is basically a full functioning Echo with an audio out port and without the high quality built in speaker. The Dot does have a small speaker built in, but its assumed for quality sound, like listening to music, that you would route its output to other external speakers. The difference in price is significant with the Echo being $179 and the 2nd gen Dot costing $49.99.

Last edited:
Replacement batteries for my base station and 4 phone handsets. Only $35.

A replacement Kohler faucet cartridge that cost me $12.30 and saved me a $75 plumber visit. Also, a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver mens cologne saving me 65% off of retail pricing. I do love Amazon for the right purchases!

lip gloss

bucket of mini lip gloss tubes for $56... 120 of them will get us through the winter of chapped 'everything'.... got a comp one of these 1 1/4" mini babies at the dentist and, on impulse, ordered a bucket full...these things are good for about 5 or 6 uses then throw away... will share with our friends and families..multiple flavors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 10.03.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 10.03.27 AM.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 14
Multiple charge cords for DW's iPhone for in the house and to keep in the vehicles, and a 12-volt plug-in USB charger to keep in the pickup. The much newer Honda already had a USB charger in it.

Stuff to keep our RV black tank and grey tanks smelling better than they have been smelling...... :p
Shade cord to restring a broken shade in our RB
Two jars of PB2
And a vivofit2

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Felt pads for furniture feet
Pocket door track/rollers
VHS-DVD player-recorder
College books for DS
Lots of Kindle books

Gallon of Rid O Rust to get iron stains off our white vinyl fence. Stuff works great.

4 Ceiling fans for the building we're restoring in our local town- they were $250 for all 4 through Amazon and $125 each at a more local electrical parts distributor- like to buy local but couldn't do it this time.

Back
Top Bottom