What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Saw something that I just "had to get" so ordered just now ... A label printer, to be exact :).

Attachments

• label printer.jpg
    label printer.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 41
A compact tool set for my new wood burning stove insert and another case of picholine olives.

Bought a new $14 Mr. Coffee to replace the one that expired a few months ago, and a new permanent filter for it too. Also, a stupid-a$$ "amiibo" figure for my Animal Crossing video game, although I don't want the figure itself. I got it because the RFID in it will allow me to play a mini-game within the updated game. :blush:

Ordered a jump starter for the wife's 2014 Toyota Highlander. The car has a very intermittent current drain which in the past 14 months has twice totally killed the battery when the car sat for more than 48 hours. Because whatever is causing the problem rarely occurs, the dealer (still under warranty) has been unable to isolate. The car rarely sits for 48 hours unless it is in our garage at home where I have a battery charger handy, so this purchase is primarily for peace of mind.

Attachments

• 81jI3Zt6MsL._SL1500_.jpg
    81jI3Zt6MsL._SL1500_.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You are more patient than I would be. I would take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it or replace it. And provide a car while they are getting it fixed.

Actually I'm not that patient, just more selective on the battles I choose to fight. Since it has only happened twice in the 20 months we've owned the car, both times in our garage where I could quickly slap a charger on the battery to start it, it hasn't yet reached my "take this car and shove it" level of concern. Plus, I have an extended warranty so I'm not worried about the cost of out of warranty repairs.

If the frequency increases I'll definitely become more proactive. :)

So Walt, have you gotten and set up the printer yet? I'm needing a new one, and I want to hear your opinion. Especially does it work with Win10, if that's an issue with you. I can't get my old color (not AiO) printer to install on my Win10 machine, although I think it's more an issue with the printer than Win10. The USB port on the printer seems to be broken, and there's no way to install it without that.

After a few weeks of use I can report that I have had no issues with this printer (Dell E525W All-in-one color laser printer). The copy function works well and the printing is very clear and sharp. It even does a fair job with photos for a laser printer. No jamming so far. I haven't tried the fax yet, I only need that two or three times a year. We are still on the original toner cartridges and probably will be until next summer or fall. I bought aftermarket toner cartridges since the Dell ones are priced outrageously high and will let you know if there are any issues with those.

Oh, the default set up is to answer the phone line as a fax so I had to look in the manual to find out how to turn that off. But that's a one-time minor pita.

So far I'm liking this printer.

Actually I'm not that patient, just more selective on the battles I choose to fight. Since it has only happened twice in the 20 months we've owned the car, both times in our garage where I could quickly slap a charger on the battery to start it, it hasn't yet reached my "take this car and shove it" level of concern. Plus, I have an extended warranty so I'm not worried about the cost of out of warranty repairs.

If the frequency increases I'll definitely become more proactive. :)
It's nice to have a jump starter. We have one and it has come in handy several times. Sure, it's a luxury, but we think it earned its cost the first time we used it.

Just received some underwear. Tired of going commando. I don't know if I have ever received anything from Amazon on a Sunday before.

Ordered some underwear and some cat toys from amazon.com although I live in Canada. Some things are so much cheaper there (via AmazonGlobalEligible) than on amazon.ca for some reason, even with the shipping fee (which is always reasonable) and import charges.

Amazon.ca is not too great, selection-wise, or price-wise.

Last edited:
After a few weeks of use I can report that I have had no issues with this printer (Dell E525W All-in-one color laser printer). The copy function works well and the printing is very clear and sharp. It even does a fair job with photos for a laser printer. No jamming so far. I haven't tried the fax yet, I only need that two or three times a year. We are still on the original toner cartridges and probably will be until next summer or fall. I bought aftermarket toner cartridges since the Dell ones are priced outrageously high and will let you know if there are any issues with those.

Oh, the default set up is to answer the phone line as a fax so I had to look in the manual to find out how to turn that off. But that's a one-time minor pita.

So far I'm liking this printer.

Cool. I ordered one too, but it's still sitting in the box. I've been really busy, and although I can't print to my old printer from my new Win10 POS, I can print from DW's laptop. And I don't do that much on paper anyway. But now that we're back from DD's for Thanksgiving I'll probably set it up in the next day or so. Hope I have as good an experience as you.

14 out the 16 computer components DS's computer build which was successfully completed this weekend, clarinet reeds for DH and a rack for my sous vide container. DS reimbursed me by check.

All on prime, and Amazon Smile as well.

The computer is screaming fast and quiet.

Kindle Books were a great deal today so I bought "Orphan Train " and "Truly,madly ,deeply " for $1.99 & $2.99 . Great deal on books I have wanted to read .

Bought a cheap but working graphics card to replace one that didn't play nice with Windows 10. Thanks to Amazon's same day shipping as at first, I didn't think the card would work with my set up and actually tried to cancel the order, but was too late.

My clunky and patched up computer is back in the saddle again :).

Just thought this might be fun for those of us who occasionally succumb to the allure of consumerism... :D

To start the thread, I'll go first. This morning I got an emergency weather radio. This could be a timely purchase, given that I live in New Orleans and that hurricane season is coming up on the first of June.

This is an AM/FM/weather/alerts/shortwave radio, and has a lithium battery, hand crank, solar, and AAA battery backup. It can charge a cell phone or iPad, has a flashlight, and more. Basically it is the Swiss Army knife of radios and looks like a nice radio to have in a weather emergency with power outage.
Yesterday we had a power failure for a couple of hours, probably due to a brief but heavy thunderstorm with lots of wind.
It was really comforting to have my AM/FM/SW/weather radio with built in bright flashlight, right here within reach. This turned out to be a really good purchase for me.

My latest purchase was a pack of P-38 can openers. Anyone who ever ate C-rations will be quite familiar with them.

Back
Top Bottom