What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Did the bulk of our Christmas shopping on the web. It all arrived when it should, where it should. 5-7 days free delivery. Excellent given that one gift would have cost $75. to ship to our daughter had we purchased it at a local retail store.

Two orders of books, cookware sets, manicure and pedicure, movie packages, clothes.

Do I miss dodging the crowds, finding a parking spot, etc. Absolutely not. On line...Amazon is the way to go. DW likes to shop and browse. I stay home. But she is slowly buying more and more on line. Price, selection,delivery are the reasons.

Did the bulk of our Christmas shopping on the web. It all arrived when it should, where it should. 5-7 days free delivery. Excellent given that one gift would have cost $75. to ship to our daughter had we purchased it at a local retail store.

Two orders of books, cookware sets, manicure and pedicure, movie packages, clothes.

Do I miss dodging the crowds, finding a parking spot, etc. Absolutely not. On line...Amazon is the way to go. DW likes to shop and browse. I stay home. But she is slowly buying more and more on line. Price, selection,delivery are the reasons.

I guess I was an early adopter. I ordered my first book from Amazon in 1994. Some time between 1994 and 1996, there was a postal strike prior to Christmas, so I set up an online gift purchase for my parents who lived abroad. I used specialty stores in their ountry. I found my budget went much farther because it was delivered locally. My parents were delighted with the gifts, which arrived way too early. I haven't personally shipped a gift since.

I guess I was an early adopter. I ordered my first book from Amazon in 1994. Some time between 1994 and 1996, there was a postal strike prior to Christmas, so I set up an online gift purchase for my parents who lived abroad. I used specialty stores in their ountry. I found my budget went much farther because it was delivered locally. My parents were delighted with the gifts, which arrived way too early. I haven't personally shipped a gift since.

My first Amazon order was the first NSync CD for my daughter for Christmas in '97. I ordered it in Nov, and received it in late Feb. I didn't bother with Amazon again for a number of years after that. But they got better eventually.

This year I did all my shopping online .It was easy plus they wrap and ship .Shopped early and got some great deals .The best was a Samsung 9'7" tablet for $109.00 after rebates .

Living in Mexico for 6 months gets us pretty immersed in the online world. We purchase for our family back home. We buy things we need that we get shipped to mules places. We pay bills and taxes electronically including in Mexico. Our amazon membership enables us to purchase at amazon.com.mx for local pickup. Our Laredo TX mailbox enables us to purchase from amazon.com if necessary.

The only problem we have is with TD investments and their Corporate Action Notices which are snail mailed and arrive with one day turn around and often all already past due. We have asked them to go all electronic and they refuse.

Living in Mexico for 6 months gets us pretty immersed in the online world. We purchase for our family back home. We buy things we need that we get shipped to mules places. We pay bills and taxes electronically including in Mexico. Our amazon membership enables us to purchase at amazon.com.mx for local pickup. Our Laredo TX mailbox enables us to purchase from amazon.com if necessary.

The only problem we have is with TD investments and their Corporate Action Notices which are snail mailed and arrive with one day turn around and often all already past due. We have asked them to go all electronic and they refuse.

Is that TDAmeritrade? If so, all of my correspondence with them is electronic. I haven't gotten a piece of paper from them in years.

2 sets of red earbuds. I keep losing them and I decided to always have a spare. The problem is, they hurt my ears.

Is that TDAmeritrade? If so, all of my correspondence with them is electronic. I haven't gotten a piece of paper from them in years.
How do you receive your CANs? That is the only thing missing from TD. Drives me crazy!

How do you receive your CANs? That is the only thing missing from TD. Drives me crazy!

Hmmm...I must not get any. I don't own that many individual stocks. Either that or I never pay any attention to them. I really don't remember the last time I got a piece of paper from TD. I'll have to be more alert in the future, see if something comes in the mail.

I really don't remember the last time I got a piece of paper from TD. I'll have to be more alert in the future, see if something comes in the mail.
Corporate holdings issue them and most are routine, announcing the shareholder meeting (which I can handle with proxyvote.com) but Convertible Debentures will offer special conversion choices that are often desirable. In one instance, the default option cost me $12k.

2 sets of red earbuds. I keep losing them and I decided to always have a spare. The problem is, they hurt my ears.

I buy the women's Yurbuds. The women's are made for a smaller ear. They have a soft silicone ear piece that fits inside your ear. You twist the ear piece as you put it in your ear and it locks in place. You can also buy just the covers for the Yurbuds and put them on the ear buds that you have. The Yurbuds covers come in small, medium and large.

2016 Amazon spend: Approx $5k, yikes! I'm not sure how that compares to others but I've been an Amazon shopper since 1999 and I buy just about everything there. However, lately I'm finding better deals on other sites too.

2016 Amazon spend: Approx $5k, yikes! I'm not sure how that compares to others but I've been an Amazon shopper since 1999 and I buy just about everything there. However, lately I'm finding better deals on other sites too.

Interesting thing to consider! ~$6K for me, ~$1K for DW. I have a boat, though :angel:

I spent $375 Canadian ($289 US) in 2016, most of which was ebooks. I think I probably spent more in 2015 though. I'm surprised I spent so little on Amazon.

Last edited:
Interesting thing to consider! ~$6K for me, ~$1K for DW. I have a boat, though :angel:
Wow! I am in awe. I am a complete and total Amazon addict too, which is one of the reasons why I started this thread. In 2016 I spent $491 on Amazon Pantry items and $1207 on other Amazon purchases.

This is great to hear. Now I am thinking that I should ramp up my Amazon spending.... :D So I am counting on everyone to post what they bought, to give me some ideas. I do comparison shop most of the time just as I do at other places. But I have no boat.

I will just ignore Meadbh's frugal total for 2016. :LOL: Good job on your spending, Meadbh. :flowers:

Last edited:
A very specific use Fernco fitting 1060-22: 2"x2" socket to socket connector. Ability to join the outside diameters of two 2" plastic pipe fittings, which will give me the freedom to save a bunch of work and continue to use rather than junk an expensive valve - not your normal plumbing supply store carried part.

The old eyes need some help!

Ott-Lite High Definition 24w Floor Lamp

My eyes aren't what they used to be. :(

Hoping the lamp will eliminate eyestrain when working on 1,000 piece puzzles.

Bosch 30019 12V Voltage Regulator for 1971 VW Beetle

510fIpppQKL.jpg

Six LED night lights. I may have seen them mentioned in this thread somewhere.

Fingerless gloves to wear in the house. I'll figure out my 2016 total spend later-- there's still a couple days left in 2016[emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom