What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Wow, it's been since last March that I ordered anything from Amazon! Of course I've since ordered other stuff from B&H Photo, Adorama Camera, and Copper Hill Images....

The Amazon order was books:

Your Money & Your Brain
Thinking, Fast and Slow
Predictably Irrational
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking
Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes and How to Correct Them: Lessons from the Life-Changing Science of Behavioral Economics

I bought a replacement case for my dog's Garmin GPS tracking unit. I get about one year out of a case, as it requires unzipping to charge the unit. The zipper eventually dies.
Geez, my dog can just barely use a compass. I haven't even thought about trying to get him to use a GPS! :facepalm:

I buy a couple of Kindle books every couple of weeks. I'm just finishing up Hyperion now, which has been a rollicking good SciFi read.

After looking around to try to buy it locally, I then went to Amazon to find and buy a new razor handle for my Trac II razor blades. My old one, after more than 30 years of faithful use (and one repair I made to it 10 years ago), fell apart beyond repair. It cost me, with shipping, about $13.

Vasque Juxt hiking shoes $60 about 5 minutes ago To replace worn out Merrels.

If you include digital orders then:

Devoted by S.J. West

If you don't, then Crutcheze Deep Purple Walker Padded Hand Grip Covers (I'm temporarily using a walker and these make it so that my hands don't get sore from hopping around on the walker).

We ordered two things this last week (Prime Mail): A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and a jigsaw puzzle.

We do most of our non-grocery shopping on Amazon. My last order was a router.

Between their low prices, gas and mileage on the car, being able to see the ratings and reviews and ROI on our time, the net cost of Amazon products is pretty hard to beat. They usually have a big selection on sustainable living products - soap pumps that use less soap, reuseable produce bags, LED lights, drying racks, energy efficient small appliances, rechargeable batteries - that have saved us more over the long run than they cost.

An assortment of trout flies last week. Couldn't pass up the price; $8.99 for a dozen decent flies.

I signed up for Prime a couple of months ago and I love it.
Plus, I haven't had to pay for anything from Amazon for a while now. I had part of my tax refund sent to my Amazon account and got a 10% bonus for doing that!
Ooooo - I wondered if anyone here took advantage of that. Good to know it worked. We were tempted, but didn't want much cash tied up sitting at Amazon with the attendant temptation to spend it. Probably should have done a small amount though. I'm trying to avoid refunds anyway - aim to owe a bit instead next April and we won't have this temptation problem.

A knife throwing set with an instruction book for an upcoming birthday. Our youngest loves the outdoors; archery, tree climbing, hiking in the woods, etc. He'll find a tree for throwing practice and we probably won't see him for hours.

Just bought a Garmin GPS. My first.

A couple of days later, my credit card was compromised. I feel that it happened on Amazon. New card is on the way.
I also recently bought a GPS recently through Amazon (from PC Nation). A factory refurbished nuvi unit containing both Europe and North America maps for $105! (It's discontinued, but a brand new one retails for $230 from Garmin). I bought this older unit because it has twice the battery life of the current model. I plan to use it as a pedestrian and public transport user in Europe and needed something slim and light (it's only 5 oz) to carry around in my purse.

Then I bought the Europe lifetime map upgrades through Amazon as they were $10 cheaper than buying identical product directly from Garmin.

Everything got registered, downloaded and worked. Had fun browsing Europe on the GPS (nice simulate mode) and marking some personal points of interest in the unit, including my brother's address.

Sorry to hear about the credit card compromise. I have one cc I only use on Amazon and it has never been compromised (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
A toaster, test strips for my One touch glucose meter and filters for my air handler and furnace.

We buy about 90% of our purchases outside of groceries from Amazon.

I bought a replacement case for my dog's Garmin GPS tracking unit. I get about one year out of a case, as it requires unzipping to charge the unit. The zipper eventually dies.
Wow, dogs use GPSs too? Dang!

Geez, my dog can just barely use a compass. I haven't even thought about trying to get him to use a GPS! :facepalm:.............

I'll tell ya, if dogs had opposable thumbs they'd rule the world.

Vanguard Endeavor ED Binocular (8x42) last week $70 off on daily special.

Three UV filters for my camera lenses........should arrive today.

Back
Top Bottom