What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Back in April I posted:

I don't keep a key hidden outside any more because of my own alternate solution, a keypad entry. I purchased it from Amazon a year ago and love it.

The battery hardly seems to run down at all, and I replace it anyway every January. Also, Frank and I have each other's keys in case we need a backup. I haven't needed his help yet, luckily.

I loved having that keypad entry at my old house, but I have moved and no longer live there. Recently I ordered four more, and four matching doorknobs. After having them re-keyed to the same key, today I had all eight installed on the four exterior doors here at my dream house. This makes me very, very happy! :D :dance: :clap: :dance:

Also, as more of a necessity than a pleasure, I ordered this TP roller/holder since it was missing in one of the bathrooms at my dream house:

Last edited:
All the wet weather lately reminded me that I've always wanted Teva sandals. So, these are on their way to me from Amazon.
Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to buy a pair of Teva sandals this summer. Mine are different style and color and I bought them at a local store so I could try them on, but I really like them. I have worn them quite a bit this summer, including the trip to Disney World and they are very comfortable. So, thanks for sharing this!

Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to buy a pair of Teva sandals this summer. Mine are different style and color and I bought them at a local store so I could try them on, but I really like them. I have worn them quite a bit this summer, including the trip to Disney World and they are very comfortable. So, thanks for sharing this!

You're very welcome! From what I understand, they last nearly forever. I have worn mine nearly every day this summer too.

A replacement plastic lid for a Pyrex bowl. You really can get just about anything on Amazon!

I received a discount code for an Amazon Fire, regularly $99, for $29. Couldn't pass it up even though I didn't need one. I'm playing with it now, but will likely stick with my iPad.

I recently broke my headphones, so my wife told me to order a new one that she saw on the Deals page, so I did. I expect to get the headphones on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I had a somewhat annoying bad news, good news, maybe bad news purchase from Amazon of late.

My old phone died, and I was looking for a new one. Amazon warehouse deals had a candidate phone (very good condition). Bought that and it died after two days. Shipped it back (for free) and found new phone on regular site.
Purchased that and one day before it showing up in mail I get a "not available, order cancelled" email. Apparently the seller had poor counting capabilities. Anyway, I wasn't happy.
After finally tracking down a customer support chat option (which is incredibly well buried on their site), I explained the situation to the rep (made sure to sound polite but annoyed--as much as one can during a chat session). Long story short, they waived the next day shipping and credited my account for the delta in price of the "new" phone.

Why "new"? It had a picture of somebody's foot in what looked like a tech shop of sorts. All accessories were sealed, and phone had the clear plastic label correctly attached. Battery had some not standard tape and box was slightly damaged.

We'll see if this thing survives longer than the earlier phone purchase. Working quite well for now. <knocks on wood>

New slippers for around the house on cold days or going out to the garage. DW was complaining that the old ones had deteriorated so much that I was leaving bits of plastic sole all over the house.

Swivel barstools for the kitchen peninsula (counter) at my Dream House:

Comfortable, easy to assemble, about the right height, but for some unknown reason they don't quite float my boat. I'll give them some time.

Swivel barstools for the kitchen peninsula (counter) at my Dream House:

Comfortable, easy to assemble, about the right height, but for some unknown reason they don't quite float my boat. I'll give them some time.

Very similar to the ones I recently bought for our new (to us) condo. I had a heck of a time assembling them (a couple of bolts were cross-threaded), but so far they're OK. I like your review -- they don't quite float my boat either. But since I paid even more than you did (from Overstock.com), they'll have to do for a while.

Very similar to the ones I recently bought for our new (to us) condo. I had a heck of a time assembling them (a couple of bolts were cross-threaded), but so far they're OK. I like your review -- they don't quite float my boat either. But since I paid even more than you did (from Overstock.com), they'll have to do for a while.

That's sort of what I'm thinking, too. At that price I don't want to replace them at this point. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. They seem a little awkward or something. Oh well. Can't bat 1000 every time.

Assembly on mine just meant putting together and using about 30-35 bolt/washer/spring_washer/nut assemblies.

Last edited:
The last two things I got from Amazon, a back up camera and mirror/monitor combo. Had them professionally installed yesterday. Still getting familiar, but can see sooooo much more from behind when backing up :D.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 9
  • camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 8
My last order from Amazon was a metal pizza peel. I had to get one because Home Depot had a $400 propane pizza oven on clearance for $100.02, an impulse buy.

I ordered an LED reading lamp, a water filter for my refridgerator, and a mandolin for chopping vegetables.

I got a kayak trolly. It has 2 wheels and straps to the back of the boat so you can lift the front and walk.
I had to park FAR from a lake I wanted to explore and carried the kayak on my shoulder there and back. Got a bruise on my shoulder and was in pain - I've got a pretty large kayak. This will make getting to the water and back so much easier!

I should mention that the trolly is small enough to strap to the front of the kayak and get to paddling. No having to walk back to the vehicle and drop it off....that would have been a deal killer!

This device does two things. USB cables have two channels, one for power and one for data. With this device plugged between the power source and your device it blocks the data transfer, and prevents juice jacking.

71hyJh2DfdL._SL1500_.jpg

Prime Service w/o a Prime Membership?

I ordered some misc stuff on Aug 7th, ~ 11AM. A mix of small items,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH131LY/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T7S1/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EJH6RW/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q4O22EI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... the USB charger is on back-order, but I got a notice the other items would arrive Aug 9th, which is a Sunday. So that's two day shipping, deleivery on Sunday, and I'm not a Prime member. What's up?

I wonder if the USPS was already making Prime deliveries to my route, so just throw mine in along with the rest?

BTW, I ordered one of the Amazon Basics Lightening cables for DW's iPad earlier, and it seems to be lasting longer than others I have bought. Though I did add some shrink tubing to the iPad side. So many cables allow the wire to bend too much right at the connector, they need a little more material there so the cable bend is spread out over a few inches in a gentle arc, rather than the sharp bend you get right at the connector nub.

-ERD50

I ordered additional memory for my new 12 year old linux computer!- 2 512 MB modules total $11. I expect it to really burn rubber after I install them...

Malden Sea Salt and packing supplies - bubble wrap and packing paper - to start packing for my eventual move. LOVE Amazon Prime!

I ordered some misc stuff on Aug 7th, ~ 11AM. A mix of small items,

I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.

I got a privacy screen to put in front of the leaded beveled glass front door here at my dream home. I think the door is very beautiful but previously it allowed anybody going down the street to see throughout my whole house, not something I could tolerate! With a little furniture moving I was finally able to get the screen to fit in front of the door with enough extra space to get around it. OK, that problem is solved.

I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.

The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.

The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.

I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.

I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.

I've only used it for an hour or so, but so far I like it. Scroll wheel seems smooth, which was my main concern. Sure fits the 'first world problem' category, but I scroll a lot, and a wheel that takes a lot of force or is noisy ends up being a pain.

I'm in the 'keep it simple' camp for things like keyboards and mice. I don't want to futz with batteries, or drivers, this stuff should just work. Previously, I bought a few Logitech basic mice that worked well for me, but one of them had a bouncy button, so I really needed a replacement. A basic mouse should be cheap, and this seems to meet the requirements. The optical sensor is more sensitive (more dpi resolution), so I did have to adjust the speed and accel in my preferences, but that's easy.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom