What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I snagged a 3 qt Instant Pot on sale to compliment the 8 qt "other" brand. Besides being able to cook a side dish, we will take just the smaller one in the RV.

How terrific that you found it on sale! I love my 3 qt Instant Pot; it's a great size, especially for a single person like me.

Bought a 6 quart InstaPot during the last mark down. I mentioned it to my sister in TN and she had not even heard of it so I bought another with Christmas wrappings. Mine is 7 function but I couldn't get one like it in time for Christmas so I got the 9 function one.

Bought a 6 quart InstaPot during the last mark down. I mentioned it to my sister in TN and she had not even heard of it so I bought another with Christmas wrappings. Mine is 7 function but I couldn't get one like it in time for Christmas so I got the 9 function one.

I had seen "InstaPot" in print so many times that I was surprised to read "Instant Pot" on the box when I got mine. Still think of it as the InstaPot. It's one of those things that you don't know that you need until you get one and find out how handy it is. Very likely that your sister will like it.

I ordered a package of Ace combs. From the comments they are no longer rubber, but my comb is falling apart. It shipped on Nov 6 via USPS. USPS does not deliver to my address and Amazon is not supposed to ship to me via USPS. The local Post Office checked a box that said my location was unknown and sent the package back. Today they attempted to deliver it to Amazon at the sending facility in Kentucky. They then sent a notification that they could not deliver the package because tha facility was closed. It is Sunday. Yes the facility is closed. So I got an email from Amazon that they had attempted to deliver my package but I was not there. They suggested I should check for it at the Post Office....
I bought two Ace (not hard rubber) pocket combs at Walmart yesterday. 97 cents each. Problem solved.
Yes still using mine almost everyday. I am thinking about buying a new one for my kitchen in Europe (220V with euro plug) but they are selling for $160 on Amazon over there. And that is the sale price! For that amount, I will go back to using my old stovetop pressure cooker.

I ordered a pair of shoes yesterday.

I know, it sounds like a bad idea. Believe me...I gave Zappos a try recently, and had to send back two pairs of shoes, because one was too big, and one was way too small.

They were the same size, just different brands.

But I was at the mall and tried on a pair that I really liked, only I wasn't crazy about the color. Amazon had a color I liked in stock, and at a lower price! So I ordered it right from the store. This was a national chain store that had one person working the whole store, so I didn't feel that bad. If there was a locally-owned shoe store close by I would have shopped there instead, even if it cost a bit more.

So much for the strategy of leaving something in my Amazon shopping cart for a few days to see if the price goes down. I've had a camera in my Amazon cart for about a week and the price hasn't budged one bit.

Now I'm thinking, price changing due to leaving in cart might just be an old wives' tale :blush:.

So much for the strategy of leaving something in my Amazon shopping cart for a few days to see if the price goes down. I've had a camera in my Amazon cart for about a week and the price hasn't budged one bit.

Now I'm thinking, price changing due to leaving in cart might just be an old wives' tale :blush:.
It depends on the item. Some change almost daily, some may only change in a month or two. Some cameras are price protected by manufacturer, so it does not change until they say so, and then most change at same time to same price. Patience, easysurfer.

It depends on the item. Some change almost daily, some may only change in a month or two. Some cameras are price protected by manufacturer, so it does not change until they say so, and then most change at same time to same price. Patience, easysurfer.

Yeah. From what I've read, I think the camera I have in mind is price protected by the manufacturer.

I do want to pull the trigger and purchase soon but a voice in my head :( says if I buy now, I bet the price is going to get slashed right after. But doing an unbiased, camelcamelcamel check, I see the current price is the lowest Amazon price the camera has been, so may be a good time to buy.

Almost bought this MPPT solar charge controller from Amazon, when I spotted a local in-state vendor selling for the same price after shipping.

So, I decided to support that local business instead.

81RWL9nQYcL._SL1500_.jpg

I think they've wised up. The Chrome plugin CamelCamelCamel tracks prices at Amazon and can show you a graph of the price of an item over time at Amazon. I've used it for big ticket items, although usually I just compare a few other sites to make sure the price is competitive.

I think they've wised up. The Chrome plugin CamelCamelCamel tracks prices at Amazon and can show you a graph of the price of an item over time at Amazon. I've used it for big ticket items, although usually I just compare a few other sites to make sure the price is competitive.

Same with Firefox plugin. I have a few thinks currently tracked. Turbotax Deluxe being one of them.

From Wally:
35# of kitty litter
4 boxes of chicken stock
One other small item to make the $35 free shipping.
And, then they offered a $4.25 discount if I would wait a few extra days.
Idiots.

Yeah. From what I've read, I think the camera I have in mind is price protected by the manufacturer.

I do want to pull the trigger and purchase soon but a voice in my head :( says if I buy now, I bet the price is going to get slashed right after. But doing an unbiased, camelcamelcamel check, I see the current price is the lowest Amazon price the camera has been, so may be a good time to buy.

Did you check bhphotovideo.com?

From Wally:
35# of kitty litter
4 boxes of chicken stock
One other small item to make the $35 free shipping.
And, then they offered a $4.25 discount if I would wait a few extra days.
Idiots.

They're idiots?
For what?

I just ordered two K'Nex constuction sets (made in USA) from Walmart.com
I place the order on Sunday afternoon.
The order was at my door by 9 am Tuesday (today).
I didn't get the choice of a discount which I would have taken if they had offered, as the toys are for next Christmas charity toy drive. :)

They're idiots?
For what?
Do you think they made any money on my order?
1. They ship kitty litter for free.
2. They gave me an 11% discount. Retail margins are not very good to start with.
3. When they ship to me, my city gets the sales tax. If they sell the items in a store 1.2 miles from my house, they get to keep the sales tax as part of a TIF.

Bought an APC power strip with built in programmable timer. Will use to reboot a couple of HVAC wifi controls that go wonky a few times each month.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
Do you think they made any money on my order?
1. They ship kitty litter for free.
2. They gave me an 11% discount. Retail margins are not very good to start with.
3. When they ship to me, my city gets the sales tax. If they sell the items in a store 1.2 miles from my house, they get to keep the sales tax as part of a TIF.

I am not sure why the attitude with Walmart.

Target, Chewy, even Amazon ship cat litter for free when the entire order goes over a predetermined amount.

As for the tax, I am more than happy if my city were to get the benefit of receiving it.

As for 11%, how is it any different than JCP offering $10 off $10+?

Companies do what they do to try to compete against Darth Vader Amazon.

Ordered just about all of our presents on line from either Amazon or Costco. The last one was ordered yesterday.....looks like delivery is today.

Our daughter has two small children. In the winter it is a pain for her to go to the grocery store and get them in and out of the car, let alone shop. She lives in a small town and buys just about everything else on line. Amazon is her friend-right down to diapers and other personal care items.

So she does it on line. Drives up and they load the groceries in. She says this saves her money as well. No impulse buys.

Ordered another backpack. I have a backpack fetish - I have 7 others, but this one is padded for camera gear and is my first with a strap to hold a camera tripod.

Shoes - - plain black flats that look comfie but suitable for our usual Christmas Eve feast with F's family.

Normally we always wear "retiree wear" and never dress up for anything except this annual event. So, I will probably wear these shoes only once a year, on Christmas Eve. My last pair of shoes like this lasted 30 years, but they finally self destructed and my New Balance just aren't dressy enough.

I am tall and hate wearing heels; the last time I wore heels was 55 years ago. I'd probably trip and kill myself if I tried to wear heels. :2funny: So that is why I bought flats.

Back
Top Bottom