What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I decided to buy myself a Christmas present and actually decided and did that on impulse just now, on the spur of the moment. Here's what I got:

A Nintendo Switch,

and four games for it:
1.) Zelda, Breath of the Wild
2.) Sega Genesis Classics
3.) Minecraft
4.) Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

I am also going to get a fifth game,
5.) Stardew Valley,
but since it is downloadable only, I'll just wait and buy it when I have the Switch set up and ready for it.

The game I REALLY want is "Animal Crossing 2019", but it doesn't even have a release date yet. It's just supposed to be released sometime in 2019 and so I can't even pre-order it yet. Soon, hopefully!

I bought one of those on impulse too, last year. Pretty slick. My motivation was Super Mario Brothers, a game that turned New Years Eve into a totally sober experience one year. It was way more fun for us to smash blocks than get smashed.

The graphics now are amazing but I miss the “blocky” look of the older systems.

I didn't get it from Amazon but I've had the Switch over a year.

Game I played the most has been Monopoly by Hasbro, which lets you play online.

Or at least they did the first year and since this fall, it now requires a $20 a year subscription.

What's nice about it is it's turn-based game so you could be doing other things while playing an online game.

Online features are basic though, like you can't chat or anything.

I've also played some of the tennis game when they had the beta and it was free and some Fortnite, another free download.

I've never been big on Nintendo games and find that I like a more leisurely pace of gaming when I do play games. That is, turn-based and allows me to do other things.

I used to be way into sports and action games but again, those require dedicating time to it.

So I think the mobile games I play on the iPhone has changed my patterns and expectations.

This past Black Friday, I picked up Game Night from Hasbro for $25. It has Risk, Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit. They're all suppose to be playable online but I haven't opened it yet because I have to purchase the online subscription.

Had so many things going on the past month that I didn't see a point in getting the subscription now. Maybe after I get back from an upcoming trip.

I really like the handheld format because like I said, you can do other things like be at the computer or while watching TV. Used to be skeptical about dedicated gaming devices because why would anyone want to carry another device around in addition to your phone?

Well that's still true to an extent. I'd love it if these kinds of games were available for my iPhone instead, along with maybe game controllers that you can attach to the ends of the phones.

But the Switch is fine for what it is, which lets you take it around the house and do other things with it. I've never connected it to my TV.

It's really not portable enough to carry around outside the home like your phone.

Reactions: W2R
I love that my new Switch fits easily in my purse! That solves so many potential problems. I am so glad that it is smaller than it looks in the ads.

Back on topic, I ordered some accessories for it, a case, a screen protector, and a memory card. So now, my spending total on that other thread will need to be revised. :banghead: Oh well.

Oh this is SO COOL!!! My Switch is out for delivery by Amazon's delivery service. So, I just hit the tracking button for it, and it shows a map of my neighborhood - - and the map shows that right at this very moment, they are in the next block over. Also it says they have just 9 more deliveries until it reaches me!!!

How cool is that! This is the first time I have ever seen this.

EDIT four minutes later: And when I refreshed it said, "You are next" and I ran to the door and they handed me the package. Simply amazing.

That real-time tracking is cool. I did not know they have it.

By the way, I have not heard any more about their delivery-by-drone service. Are they still testing that anywhere?

I picked up a Curious Chef 1 qt mixing bowl made especially for kids to use. It has a sticky base and is nice and wide so as to reduce spills. It's very useful when a grandchild helps me cook.

I know this is an Amazon thread, but I got this temperature probe with 3 probes for $13 delivered. Shoot, one replacement probe for my existing meat probe is more than $13!

It's hard to believe they can sell a touch-screen device with 3 probes for $13. Took just over 2 weeks to get from Hong Kong.

Attachments

• onlyclickshop.jpg
    onlyclickshop.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 45
“Minors Aloud”, a 1978 jazz album/CD by Buddy Emmons and Lenny Breau. I found out after it was delivered that the label offers it at a lower price but will let it go. I’d rather enjoy the music than haggle.

My BIL gave me an Amazon gift card, so I decided to buy myself something that was on my list:

DW has one of those on her list for next time we are at Harbor Freight.

I said why don't you just use the washing machine....:angel:

I had three separate orders today alone. Ordered stuff from a 3 pack of Razors to an IPhone wireless charging pad.

My BIL gave me an Amazon gift card, so I decided to buy myself something that was on my list:
I hope you have plenty of patience and don't mind constant background noise that lasts for months. At least that's how I remember when my sister had one of those things. Ran for months in the garage and when she opened it, she had, wait for it... rocks. :LOL:

I hope you have plenty of patience and don't mind constant background noise that lasts for months. At least that's how I remember when my sister had one of those things. Ran for months in the garage and when she opened it, she had, wait for it... rocks. :LOL:

I love rocks. I used to come home from walks with a pocket full of rocks, and I still spend a lot of "hiking" time squatting and looking at rocks. :D And it's going in the basement, probably, or maybe the garage if the noise carries upstairs. I might put a bucket or box over it first, see if that helps.

And silly Koogie, you use the DRYER for rock tumbling! :cool:

100 Micron (.003925") Ultra Fine EZ-Strainers (TM) for 5 Gallon Containers $15

Holds an entire gallon of yogurt made in the InstaPot. Next morning - thick rich Greek yogurt.

DW has one of those on her list for next time we are at Harbor Freight.

I said why don't you just use the washing machine....:angel:

Wait until the tumblers go on sale at Harbor Freight. The single barrel usually goes on sale for around $34. See if there is a rock shop in your area for buying grit. If you buy the kits you only get a little bag of grit. You can also buy "rough" stones at the rock shops or go to rock, gem and mineral shows to buy supplies. Some of the tumblers can be noisy so you do need a basement or garage to run them. Mine's not that noisy and I leave it on my kitchen counter. I bought a half sheet cake pan and put a rubber mat in the bottom to put the tumbler on. The mat helps deaden the sound and the pan catches any leaks, you do have them on occasion. I always come home with a pocket full of rocks/stones when I go on a hike. After you are done tumbling the stones you can wire wrap them or buy a diamond core bit, drill a hole and string on chain, leather cord or ribbon. It's a fun hobby.
You can also buy metal shot and use the tumbler for burnishing jewelry. I use it to harden and shine sterling silver bangles/cuffs/earrings. You can do chains but make sure you thread the chain on a piece of wire and twist the ends closed. If you don't, you end up with a knotted mess.

Instead of Photoshop, I have been using a download version of Paintshop Pro v6.02 which think I purchased online early in the year 2000.

In fact, I have been using the SAME Paintshop Pro software that I originally bought back then (for $39). At some point it started coughing at me that it isn't in the registry properly, but despite that it has worked OK for me in every version of Windows from then (was that Windows NT? I don't recall), clear through my present Windows 10.

I love this software so much. I probably could love something else, but I only buy software and refuse to rent it as a matter of principle. So, here I am, with my year 2000 software that is as comfortable to me by now as old fuzzy slippers and feels so instinctive and perfect to use. It is what I use for all my fiddling with images; for example, it is what I use to make my avatars or enhance my old digital photos or other images. At one point I looked into buying a newer version, but all I could do was rent it (subscription model) at that time.

Anyway, I just discovered on Amazon that I can buy Paintshop Pro on CD for $59.90! So I just ordered it. Don't know if anybody else is interested, but there it is. Between the time I bought it, and now, ownership of PSP was transferred to Corel from JASC which is the company that sold it to me originally. Nervously hoping that it is as good as the old version, and meanwhile looking forward to no more coughing about registry issues.

Blow That Dough!

Wait until the tumblers go on sale at Harbor Freight. The single barrel usually goes on sale for around $34. ...

Thanks, very helpful. Just read the whole post to DW.

The last order I put into Amazon for myself and DW included ladies snow boots, an Instapot, a dozen carbon target arrows, a reciprocating saw and two womens bras.

I'm getting all kinds of weird recommendation emails now.. I don't think Amazons' algorithms know what to make of me.... :LOL:

A USB DVD drive, since my new laptop does not have one. It's amazing that they are less than $30 these days.

I used it to install my new Paint Shop Pro software (see above). It has a more graphic interface and has more features and capabilities, but most importantly it can do all the stuff I used to do with the older version. And no more coughing at me about not being installed properly in the registry.

A USB DVD drive, since my new laptop does not have one. It's amazing that they are less than $30 these days.

I used it to install my new Paint Shop Pro software (see above). It has a more graphic interface and has more features and capabilities, but most importantly it can do all the stuff I used to do with the older version. And no more coughing at me about not being installed properly in the registry.

Sweet that the tray on your USB drive ejects out. The DVD drive I have (not sure where I bought it, maybe at a Best Buy or Circuit City -- when that was still around) works like an old CD player where I have to manually flip open the lid and place the DVD in and close the lid. I'm happy with the drive nevertheless. Gets the job done, powers off the USB cable, and even stores the cable underneath the drive :).

My laptops have a DVD drive, but I bought an external years ago when I had a netbook without a drive.

Attachments

• 100_2308.JPG
    100_2308.JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_2309.JPG
    100_2309.JPG
    408.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2310.JPG
    100_2310.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Sweet that the tray on your USB drive ejects out. The DVD drive I have (not sure where I bought it, maybe at a Best Buy or Circuit City -- when that was still around) works like an old CD player where I have to manually flip open the lid and place the DVD in and close the lid. I'm happy with the drive nevertheless. Gets the job done, powers off the USB cable, and even stores the cable underneath the drive :).

My laptops have a DVD drive, but I bought an external years ago when I had a netbook without a drive.
I hadn't thought about the way it ejects! Thanks.

I really like how small and light mine is; it's hardly any bigger than a CD in a jewel case. When it was delivered, I saw it on the doorstep just when leaving to go out with Frank to a restaurant. So, I just tucked it inside my purse for the time being rather than going back inside. Really, my purse didn't seem any heavier or bulkier than before.

Frank offered to give me one of his old external DVD drives, and did. But when I finally needed it, I discovered that I didn't have the right (USB-B) connector for it. So in a moment of extreme annoyance with myself, I ordered this one and it was delivered 36 hours later. I gave his back to him; it was HUGE, probably an inch high, and probably weighed a pound or more. External DVD drives are apparently much smaller these days.

I hadn't thought about the way it ejects! Thanks.

I really like how small and light mine is; it's hardly any bigger than a CD in a jewel case. When it was delivered, I saw it on the doorstep just when leaving to go out with Frank to a restaurant. So, I just tucked it inside my purse for the time being rather than going back inside. Really, my purse didn't seem any heavier or bulkier than before.

Frank offered to give me one of his old external DVD drives, and did. But when I finally needed it, I discovered that I didn't have the right (USB-B) connector for it. So in a moment of extreme annoyance with myself, I ordered this one and it was delivered 36 hours later. I gave his back to him; it was HUGE, probably an inch high, and probably weighed a pound or more. External DVD drives are apparently much smaller these days.

No matter what others think, my view is that CDs/DVDs aren't totally going away. Having a handy external is well worth the small cost when you really need one. I just looked at the one I have. It was manufactured back in 2010. Still works great when called upon :).

100 Micron (.003925") Ultra Fine EZ-Strainers (TM) for 5 Gallon Containers $15

Holds an entire gallon of yogurt made in the InstaPot. Next morning - thick rich Greek yogurt.

Love my InstantPot yogurt! I just line a colander with cheap coffee filters and put it on a bowl in the fridge overnight. The whey is great used in making bread, as well. I think taking the excess huge filters from the office is one of the few things I miss about w*rk. Or not.

My last order was coffee filters for my Hario pour-over cone. With Prime it's amazing how many things I order that I normally would pick up at the local store, especially the things that are hard to find locally.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom