What is the worst food you eat?

Pork Rinds -- high in fat & protein, zero carbs -- perfect weight lose snack... what more could you ask for?

As for bacon I love it but only eat it a few times a year.

If it's a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich, well isn't 2/3 of that vegetables?;)

My w*rk lunch buddy of many years is married to a vegatarian dietitian. We referred to a BLT as "the vegetable platter with bacon". Sometimes add an egg to it, a BELT!

We were at the store and my wife was rolling her eyes because I bought a bag of fried pork skins. It has to be horrible for you, but for some reason I crave them about once a year.

Actually, pork skins are one of the best snacks you can get. They're very filling and have about zero carbs. They're great for diabetics.

I have eaten bacon and eggs every morning for most of my adult life. I also eat fried chicken and steaks a couple times a week. Pork rinds are in the boat on most of my fishing trips with a snickers, almond, to knock of the salty taste after eating the hot pork rinds! I also can't explain why I am in good health! Low cholesterol, good blood pressure, etc.. No meds at all. Medical mystery.

I'm type II diabetic, and I have the worst (and best) thing imaginable sitting on my range. It's a Chocolate Fudge Pie made with 150% of one recipe.

It's butter, sugar, a little flour, cocoa and pecans. I've been working on the recipe my whole life and I bowled over my Sunday School class yesterday morning with it.

I can always take a little larger shot of insulin and skip lunch to eat a piece.

Pecan pie. Especially the bourbon-rich offering at the Hilltop Cafe outside Fredericksburg, TX. The Koffee Kup in Hico, TX is a close second.

At home, DW and I are fairly strict low-carb eaters. Holidays are the only exception. I asked DW to hide the Halloween candy last night because I cannot control myself with that stuff sitting out. Later, I found myself checking a few places where I thought she might have stashed it. No luck. If we buy ice cream at Thanksgiving or Christmas, I'll usually finish it off before the leftover turkey.

There's taste vs health. I like the flavor of pork skins but the sodium content does a number on me. Same with too much garlic. Love the taste of garlic chicken, but I don't eat to avoid the garlic hangover.

As for worst, anything with mayo or lima beans, count me out :(.

A big cinnamon roll with chocolate icing. Once a week.

One thing I refuse to eat is anything made with Bisquick. Despite its nutritional information saying 0 trans fat, it contains partially hydrogenated soybean and or cottenseed oil. No thanks.

The other little gem that shocked me was ketchup, almost 25% sugar from HFCS.

Have you actually eaten road kill before or just joking? I *might* eat a deer if it was legal to process one you hit with your car (I don't think it is legal in most states though).
Only free range, grass fed, organic road kill.

According to the recent (and seriously overhyped) group 1 carcinogen ranking by the WHO, processed meats would be on the list. No problem for me.

Bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer, the World Health Organisation has said, placing cured and processed meats in the same category as asbestos, alcohol, arsenic and tobacco.
Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO | Society | The Guardian

Quick and dirty rebuttal -

https://medium.com/@zsupalla/proces...rting-on-good-science-ac43a97be603#.jagyp4h1c

Last edited:
A thread I can relate to!

Pork Rinds -- high in fat & protein, zero carbs -- perfect weight lose snack... what more could you ask for?

Ron hit it!!:dance:

My historical bad foods are ice cream and other sweets (cup cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc).

I started a low carb diet (my own version) last April to knock off 40 pounds gained from too much of a good thing. I gave up:

Sweets (all kinds)
Starches (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc)
All baked goods which are mostly starch and sugar.

(^^^Pretty simple, eh?^^^)

What I ate?

1. LOTS OF BAGS OF PORK RINDS! ( I think I'm an authority on them now) - as a snack food!
2. Steamed broccoli and other steamed veggies,
3. Chicken (any way but battered and fried).
4. Fish (grilled or broiled)
5. Eggs, bacon and more bacon!
6. Salads

(I'm not much on red meat so I didn't consume much since April.)

I am now 35 pounds down from where I started.

Last edited:
Peanut M & M's. Just can't say no to them. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I love cheese but generally eat it in small quantities and buy the lower fat cheese if possible. But sometimes I splurge on a pizza or get a pint of chile con queso with a bag of tortilla chips from my favorite Mexican restaurant - the freshly made chips that could be fried in lard based on the taste. Jalapeno poppers filled with cheese or chile rellenos are good. Also love Cheetos. Crackers are another downfall e.g., the Clubhouse crackers that are buttery. Cheese and crackers are my favorite appetizer.

But I prefer those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches to real ice cream. Pastries and such don't appeal to me unless home made. And I'm not a big meat eater.

As I learn more about where our foods are sourced and made, I am eliminating lots of different foods from my diet. I won't bore you with the details. But to keep my wife happy, we do have Friday night Pizza and Sunday morning bagels. Plus some beer and wine during the week.

I eat too much, I drink too much, but it usually makes me happy. I don't eat toooo much junk food, but the only thing I eat that gives me nothing, is Red Twizzlers - no flavor and nothing but sugar, but I'll eat a whole bag if you put it in front of me.

I guess wine would be my weakness, but everything in moderation, even moderation.

Also, I just found out yesterday that I am killing myself with my homemade bacon, sausage and hams according to WHO. I don't see what the big deal is; I know what my beef and hogs eat, I don't use artificial ingredients and they're not slopped. Sodium nitrate is used as a curing salt, and it is a anti-bacterial agent and it is used sparingly.

If you weren't supposed to eat poultry,beef,pork or fish, they wouldn't be filled with meat.

If and when I'm laying in the ICU with tubes sticking out of me, I will always say it wasn't the tofu that was responsible, unless I was choking on it.

Don't worry about it, Winemaker.

The WHO says eating those 50 grams of bacon increases your risk of bowel cancer by 18%. But that's relative risk. As I read it, the actual numbers are that the risk rises from about 6% to about 7%. Hardly worth giving up my beloved bacon!

I give myself what I call a monthly Day of Dietary Decadence. I'm not sure which is worse, the ice cream or the pepperoni and jalepeno cheddar cheese stack that I like. I haven't eaten pepperoni for a bit over a year but I think next trip to the grocery I'm going to get a half pound of that big one in the deli window.

Oh, and chocolate. Chocolate has a very short half-life in this house. I have that five-pound Hershey bar on the Amazon wish list and this winter I'm going to order one.

I'm confused. The thread title is "worst foods", yet all the examples so far are best foods - tasty and delicious. Potato chips, pork rinds, chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc. I'll add cheese, sausage, pigs knuckle, sour pickles, and pie. Yum. :)

For me the worst foods are those gawdawful wheatgrass juices, veggie soy-burgers, spelt pies with carob, protein shakes with flaxseed oil. Many others, these are just a few examples. Nothing can be done to make them taste good. :)

I'm confused. The thread title is "worst foods", yet all the examples so far are best foods - tasty and delicious. Potato chips, pork rinds, chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc. I'll add cheese, sausage, pigs knuckle, sour pickles, and pie. Yum. :)

For me the worst foods are those gawdawful wheatgrass juices, veggie soy-burgers, spelt pies with carob, protein shakes with flaxseed oil. Many others, these are just a few examples.

A guy I worked with had had a heart attack and his cardiologist's instructions were "If it tastes good, spit it out".

I guess that was to steer him clear of the four main food groups when I was in my early 20's: sugar, salt, fat and alcohol.

Another Cheetos fan here (and HoHo's and Baby Ruth bars) but hands down the worst guilty pleasure is Bugles - each one filled with cream cheese and chopped olives, or as a close second, Easy-Cheeze (cheese like food in a squirt can). I haven't had these in a few years but the temptation is powerful...

Back
Top Bottom