What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast food electronic menus that change constantly so that you can’t find the menu items and compare them.
Yes! I've complained about this in the past, but it drives me nuts.

Fast food electronic menus that change constantly so that you can’t find the menu items and compare them.

OK... got a new one... I like the sausage dog at Sam's.... went into one and there was no line!!! Then discovered they had ordering kiosks... so, hit the hot dog tab and see the sausage dog, the hot dog and hot dog meal (dog and drink) but no sausage dog meal... say what!!!

Went to the counter and NOBODY there... yelled a few time and somebody finally came... he came out and went through the menu and then scrolled down to what I wanted... there was no indication there were any menu items to scroll down to see... thanked him for his help and got what I wanted...

Here's a beauty:

We get the Houston Chronicle newspaper (not for me, for DW. [Mod Edit]).

Bill comes:

Paper subscription - $60.00

Processing charge - $5.95 (??, but it's there all the time)

-----------------------------

Invoice total - $70.95

(now, what's wrong here?)

So I call them (2nd time)

Charge ($5.00) is called a "hidden charge" (they actually said this to me) and it's for some premium insert that we never ordered. :eek:

Ok, they said they will take it off (again).

I had called earlier this year, but apparently they forgot to remove the "hidden" charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our newspaper subscription has the length (but not the price) reduced by the number of useless “special publications” it creates each year—so the digital “best haircutters in Chicago” or digital “Tales from Al Capone’s Empty Safe” or digital “Col McCormick’s Favorite Dogs” reduces the number of papers (mon-sat online, Sunday hard copy to our driveway) accordingly and makes our next bill due sooner.

My pet peeve today as I sort through lotions and other toiletries etc in preparation for stocking our new bathroom’s drawers is the lack of a decipherable expiration date on these products. Why not just tell me when it was manufactured or when to pitch it? I don’t want to try to figure out 2ZP678J9.

Charge ($5.00) is called a "hidden charge" (they actually said this to me) and it's for some premium insert that we never ordered. :eek:

Looks like this problem has been going on for at least a couple of years now:

https://www.click2houston.com/consumer/houston-chronicle-responds-to-readers-complaints

"I don't believe it's worthy of an apology," Glover replied. "I believe that we're providing a great service to Houston. Our content is invaluable and that we shape the future of what's going on here."

The people who work at a doctor's office. First you call, leave a message, get a call back from someone who has to repeat their name and the firm's name 2 or 3 times before you can guess who it is. Then they can't access your records so they can't do anything to help you. Then they transfer you to the same voicemail you left a message with earlier in the day. By then I've forgotten why I called.
Please train your phone people to enunciate properly slowly, and correctly. Not a;slerithjwep 'w[iopeTU 'APWEOTU
AW[TA[ JSHDIJEITJWSDFVIOSGJ

People who refuse to acknowledge a wave or a friendly hello. I understand not everyone is chipper but its minimal effort really. Some look like they just witnessed Armageddon and just blankly move along ss if I dont exist.

Customer surveys/feedback. Especially the ones that pop up before you even get to use the service. Even worse, the ones that expect you to rate them 100% or they pester you for a better rating vs actually fixing the issue. eBay feedback has become a joke.

Customer surveys/feedback. Especially the ones that pop up before you even get to use the service. Even worse, the ones that expect you to rate them 100% or they pester you for a better rating vs actually fixing the issue. eBay feedback has become a joke.

Yeah, I have made it a policy to never respond to these customer satisfaction surveys. I'm waiting for the one that asks, "how was the air you breathed while in our store?"

Nephew told me (based on experience working at a bank, and earlier, a sub shop) that if they get less than five out of five stars, they are in big trouble. What a ridiculous system!

+1 That is what my truck's dealership service department says too... so I just don;t participate in such idoicy.

Yeah, I have made it a policy to never respond to these customer satisfaction surveys. I'm waiting for the one that asks, "how was the air you breathed while in our store?"

Nephew told me (based on experience working at a bank, and earlier, a sub shop) that if they get less than five out of five stars, they are in big trouble. What a ridiculous system!

Yea, I agree that making them get a 5 is stupid... I hardly ever give a 5 since I hardly ever get service that I think is so superior that it deserves it... I actually expect good service, so when I get it I rate them a 3 or maybe 4... that is 'meet expectation'...

If you do not like it, change your stupid rating system...

Especially the ones you get in the mail that insist you use a black pen to carefully fill in little circles so they can be read by a machine instead of making it easy on you. Um, no.

So I go to the dealership today to get an oil change in preparation for our trip south.

I found out that the Michelin Premier LTX All Season tires that I bought from Costco on 6/6/17 and installed at 26,400 miles that had a 60,000 mile warranty are on their last legs after 17,600 miles. These tires are rotated with every oil change and have not worn particularly unevenly... all are 4-5/32nds other than the passenger rear which is 3-4/32nds. They'll get me to Florida and perhaps to Christmas and will then be trash after 20,000 miles or so.... a full 1/3 of their 60,000 mile warranty. I got more mileage out of the junk OEM tires that came with the car!

I've had good experience with Michelins in the past and that is why I was willing to pay the premium price for them.... never again! :mad:

Has anyone here had experience going through a tire warranty claim? From what I am reading even if I jump through their hoops to prove that they were rotated and kept properly inflated (which they were) at best I would get a 66% credit off the full retail price of a set of the same junk tires. Given this experience I'm not sure I want to repeat this experience, but I could be bribed.

I have a truck and so fsr getting 50k out of goodyear. Wife got about 60k out of her last set. Some dealer special off brand. Do you have bad ball joints?

So I go to the dealership today to get an oil change in preparation for our trip south.

I found out that the Michelin Premier LTX All Season tires that I bought from Costco on 6/6/17 and installed at 26,400 miles that had a 60,000 mile warranty are on their last legs after 17,600 miles. These tires are rotated with every oil change and have not worn particularly unevenly... all are 4-5/32nds other than the passenger rear which is 3-4/32nds. They'll get me to Florida and perhaps to Christmas and will then be trash after 20,000 miles or so.... a full 1/3 of their 60,000 mile warranty. I got more mileage out of the junk OEM tires that came with the car!

I've had good experience with Michelins in the past and that is why I was willing to pay the premium price for them.... never again! :mad:

Has anyone here had experience going through a tire warranty claim? From what I am reading even if I jump through their hoops to prove that they were rotated and kept properly inflated (which they were) at best I would get a 66% credit off the full retail price of a set of the same junk tires. Given this experience I'm not sure I want to repeat this experience, but I could be bribed.

I was upset at Michelin for the same reason, but I actually got more % than you... I bought 90K mile guarantee and they were toast at 35K...

Now, Discount Tire gave me a good amount of money back for the tires, but I had bought an extended warranty because of 90K miles and got nothing back for that... I also had to pay full boat for mounting, balancing and new tire pressure sensors...

The answer I got when complaining.... well, this tire has a history of wearing out quickly!!! :mad: Why didn't you tell me that when I was buying...

I notice that CR gives those tires a 40K mile "projected tread life" instead of 60K.

But I'm a long time Michelin fan and I don't think I've ever gotten significantly less mileage on them than expected, so I'm surprised at your issue.

Pedestal tables. The people who design these things must all be under 5’6” and have very short legs and small feet.

travelover said:
Loose dogs at the park. They poop everywhere and their owners pretend not to see lest they have to pick it up. The dogs harass me and my leashed dog, plus chase wildlife, including ground nesting birds. Owners always have an excuse, which boils down to leash laws being written for other people's dogs, not their darling well behaved pooches.

As one owner told me about her dog that was growling and barring its teeth at me, “He only does that to strangers”. So she takes it to a park full of strangers!?!?!?

As one owner told me about her dog that was growling and barring its teeth at me, “He only does that to strangers”. So she takes it to a park full of strangers!?!?!?
Yea - I also like it when people say their dog can tell a "bad person" and only growl at these bad people. I've nailed a couple of dogs with Halt that were on leash, but lurching. Maybe that makes me a bad person...ha.

Shoe laces. You would think that with today's technology and production methods that your laces would stay tied. Nope, out of multiple pairs of shoes only 1 pair of Columbia hiking boots have good laces. All of my other shoes from dress to casual to tennis' all have to be double knotted in order to remain tied. Geez, I feel like a little kid again when my mom had to double knot my shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom