What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never mind when someone swipes through pics of kids or grandkids and really enjoy celebrating this along with them. If they then ask me about mine after that, it’s fine. Its when it’s the very first thing they ask about me that bugs.

I am speaking to this a while after it was discussed but it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode about the ugly baby. When people show me pics of their kids, I'm afraid I am going to have the face that Elaine did.

Attachments

• SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 41
At our new Meijer store, they carry Eggo french toast slices, 6 per package, labelled NEW. They're good. Keep an eye out for them. I didn't see any at Walmart, no surprise there.

I was just devising a plan to create a monopoly in full size frozen French toast. Drat. I’ll cancel the food truck.

1. Pennsylvania language quirks. I moved from California 20 years ago. There we spoke standard English. In PA, the words “to be” do not exist. In newborn nursery, no one said, “the baby needs to be bathed”. It was always, “the baby needs bathed”.

2. Pennsylvania driving directions. People prattle on with multiple left and right turns, but never give a street name or address. Before the days of GPS, we were once given directions to a wedding. It included “turn left at the 13th RED light”. Not stoplight. And who the heck counts 13 stoplights:confused:? How about a street name? Shortly after we moved here, DH was given the following directions: “Turn right on the street after where the Kentucky Fried Chicken used to be.” We had just moved here! How would he know where something used to be?

when I joined the Navy, Others at times could not understand what I was saying. I was sure I was speaking English. :)

the "Use to be there directions " I love doing that to my wife, stuff been gone 40 plus years

Car pool guy quirks...
been carpooling 13 years he like to touch the HVAC controls in the car ( his car) he will touch all 3 knobs and not adjust anything, then return hand to steering wheel, then 3 seconds to 10 minutes he will repeat, sometimes adjusting something, some times just turning it off, then 1 mile down the road turn it back on cause that was a bad choice.

he did get a new vehicle with the automatic climate control and digital temperature setting, still does the same thing with it, it only has 2 knobs, yesterday temperature showed 70 degrees, he changed it to 71 then back to 70 in the same motion.

this has been going on for 13 years and last the whole trip to and from work about 30 minutes.

w :)

the "Use to be there directions " I love doing that to my wife, stuff been gone 40 plus years

This reminds me of another pet peeve. Businesses that put sign like "Be Back in 45 minutes" on their locked door. 45 minutes from when:confused::confused:??

Booking flights for trip home for Christmas... focused on lowest fare but when I want to book it I find out it is "Basic Economy"... meaning you can't reserve seats, when traveling with a companion you are not assured seats together and most importantly, you can't even take a carry-on bag... only personal item like a purse, briefcase or small backpack.

Seems that there is no minimum standard of service these days. :mad:

I'll admit that the flight was cheap... $230 round trip... and we probably could have done it since we do have clothes in both places.... but I summoned the inner-RobbieB in me and upgraded to "Standard Economy" where you can reserve seats, sit together and bring a carry-on.

Wait until they charge basic economy fare travelers to use toilets on board the plane.

How? They can use token-operated toilets, and make you pay extra for tokens. :)

Car pool guy quirks...
been carpooling 13 years he like to touch the HVAC controls in the car ( his car) he will touch all 3 knobs and not adjust anything, then return hand to steering wheel, then 3 seconds to 10 minutes he will repeat, sometimes adjusting something, some times just turning it off, then 1 mile down the road turn it back on cause that was a bad choice.

he did get a new vehicle with the automatic climate control and digital temperature setting, still does the same thing with it, it only has 2 knobs, yesterday temperature showed 70 degrees, he changed it to 71 then back to 70 in the same motion.

this has been going on for 13 years and last the whole trip to and from work about 30 minutes.

Even worse when the passenger ( family member?) reaches over, uninvited, and adjusts the controls!

Wait until they charge basic economy fare travelers to use toilets on board the plane.

How? They can use token-operated toilets, and make you pay extra for tokens. :)

Will there be an extra clean-up charge if you don't have a token and, well, ya just gotta go?

Don't laugh, I've seen a couple of articles in which that was seriously considered. I'm sure that someday they will.

Will there be an extra clean-up charge if you don't have a token and, well, ya just gotta go?

It wasn't too long ago (and still in parts of Alaska) that commuter airplanes didn't have lavatories. Granted, those flights were usually no more than an hour or so...but, still.

I hired a guy to clean my gutters. He did a good job but returned from the roof with a picture of one of my plumbing vent pipes showing the boot had a gap around it, and offered to fix it since he was supposedly also a roofer. I declined. It rained last night, and guess what? Suddenly there was a leak where there never was one before.

I got a reputable roofer to replace the boot, and asked him what the old one looked like since it's less than ten years old. He said it looked like it was cut.

Now I can't prove anything, but such a coincidence! :mad:

Restaurants that think a facebook page is a replacement for a proper webpage. At least if you're going cheap then include pictures of your menu. With current prices please.

Restaurants that think a facebook page is a replacement for a proper webpage. At least if you're going cheap then include pictures of your menu. With current prices please.

Agreed. Maybe it's because I don't use Facebook much, but the layout of FB seems awful for a restaurant/bar. Posts jumbled on top, comments buried under other comments, very little real order to anything. Just seems like a jumble to me.

-ERD50

It was a peeve before, but now a big peeve...

Loud motorcycles... mostly Harleys.... especially in national parks and other places of nature..

We visited 2 national parks and also drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and we would get out to enjoy the sounds of nature and what did we hear? The loud rumble of a hog that seemed like it would take 2 minutes to come and go... and then another and another...

Why would anybody want to be driving a bike that made that much noise? Why would anybody riding one be so rude and think that it is OK to make the rest of us have to listen to their piece of crap...

I KNOW that these engines do not have to be loud as I have heard some Hondas that are very quiet...

Loud motorcycles... mostly Harleys.... especially in national parks and other places of nature..

We visited 2 national parks and also drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and we would get out to enjoy the sounds of nature and what did we hear? The loud rumble of a hog that seemed like it would take 2 minutes to come and go... and then another and another...

Why would anybody want to be driving a bike that made that much noise? Why would anybody riding one be so rude and think that it is OK to make the rest of us have to listen to their piece of crap...

I KNOW that these engines do not have to be loud as I have heard some Hondas that are very quiet...

I couldn't agree with you more. As for why, it's because few people now days have any sense of consideration for others. It's sad.

Yea, I posted this same gripe a while back. What can I say? They are antisocial azzhats. I'd love to see them get a ticket and their bikes impounded.

Totally agree that they should not be disturbing others.

I'm not really a motor-head, but even I appreciate the sound of a Harley. It is unique, due to the V-Twin firing pattern. Bah-Rump- Rump...... Bah-Rump- Rump...... Bah-Rump- Rump......

It's music to some people's ears. But we should not be forced to listen to their music.

-ERD50

Why does the entertainment industry, specifically TV and movies, persist in using year of production in Latin numerals? It's 2019 [Anno Domini/Christian Era] folks!

Add in the propensity to currently scroll credits at supersonic speeds, how are my rheumy aged eyes supposed to do the conversion gymnastics to determine how old a program/movie is?

If I'm not mistaken, the Holy Roman Empire fizzled out around the 13th century.

And while I'm at it......get off my lawn :)

Cheers - Mick

I hired a guy to clean my gutters. He did a good job but returned from the roof with a picture of one of my plumbing vent pipes showing the boot had a gap around it, and offered to fix it since he was supposedly also a roofer. I declined. It rained last night, and guess what? Suddenly there was a leak where there never was one before.

I got a reputable roofer to replace the boot, and asked him what the old one looked like since it's less than ten years old. He said it looked like it was cut.

Now I can't prove anything, but such a coincidence! :mad:

I think I would still call him and chew him a new one and slam him on social media. That is just so wrong.

Booking flights for trip home for Christmas... focused on lowest fare but when I want to book it I find out it is "Basic Economy"... meaning you can't reserve seats, when traveling with a companion you are not assured seats together and most importantly, you can't even take a carry-on bag... only personal item like a purse, briefcase or small backpack.

Seems that there is no minimum standard of service these days. :mad:

I agree that being nickel-and-dimed for all services can become a nuisance - on the other hand, I'm fine with it. This way you can pick and choose what service is important to you. Yes, in the old days, everything was included, but it also meant you had to help subsidizing perks that you didn't care about for everyone else.
As for myself, I will not do without assigned seats, so I always pay the extra to "upgrade" to to Standard Economy. Worth it to me as I don't want to put up with middle seat traveling experiences anymore... I have come to prefer the "a la carte" system

I agree that being nickel-and-dimed for all services can become a nuisance - on the other hand, I'm fine with it. This way you can pick and choose what service is important to you. Yes, in the old days, everything was included, but it also meant you had to help subsidizing perks that you didn't care about for everyone else.
As for myself, I will not do without assigned seats, so I always pay the extra to "upgrade" to to Standard Economy. Worth it to me as I don't want to put up with middle seat traveling experiences anymore... I have come to prefer the "a la carte" system

I think that makes good sense.

Kinda funny, people complain about all the bundled channels on their cable offerings, now an airline offers everything a la carte, and they still complain!

Maybe that's my pet peeve of the day! :)

-ERD50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom