What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a simpler dashboard. 1955 Buick

special11-jpg.3013708

Hey, where's the radio in your Buick?

Still at the factory.

Like the 56 Chevy my parents bought new, a radio was an option at added cost - which my frugal dad saw as a total waste of money.

When I "inherited" the car seven years later I bought a radio from a salvage yard and installed it. My friends in HS would have never let me live it down if they couldn't listen to Wolfman Jack.

'Rachael' calling me almost everyday on my cell phone to tell me my credit is ok but...................:facepalm:

Years ago we lived on a busy 2 lane highway with no shoulder. Had a long single driveway, large ditch on both sides of the road. At least once a month we had someone pull in our driveway to either change a tire or broken down. At first I didn't mind but after a while it became a pain. Especially when I would load up the boys to take them somewhere and couldn't get out! Once I lent a lady a jack to change a tire, went inside to check on my dinner cooking, came back outside to see her driving away with my jack! I was on the phone with the police when she knocked on my door with my jack. She couldn't believe I was going to report her! I told her in no uncertain terms that she was lucky she came back.

'Rachael' calling me almost everyday on my cell phone to tell me my credit is ok but...................:facepalm:

Surely burning Rachael at the stake wouldn't be considered cruel and unusual, would it?

No, but you might be convicted of burning waste without a permit...

Heh. We took a trip to Solvang a few years ago, and while riding our bikes around a residential neighborhood, we passed a large church. This sign was on a front yard fence across the street from the church. It still gives me a chuckle.

Nice!

Way back then radios where a high end option. Recall they were tube radios at the time and fairly large units. They had a vibrator to make the transformers work, and the tubes failed every so often. You then had to take the radio out to get at the tubes to test them. Radios went to transistors in the early 1960s but were still optional until the late 1970s. First am only became standard, and eventually FM, and today they are infotainmnet systems with mp3 playback from usb memory sticks and mp3 players, as well as SiriusXM. Of course the absolute newest thing is the system as a wifi hotspot.

The person at Walmart who had to come to w*rk sick. Now I have it👎. I don't want it, DW will probably have it next.

I mean no disrespect, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but you were shopping at Walmart to save money right ?

'Maybe' the reason the person came in sick, is because they have no sick or personal days available to them ?

Walmart saves money by encouraging people to come in sick.
Walmart passes those savings ((& the virus)) on to you.

Regards

I mean no disrespect, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but you were shopping at Walmart to save money right ?

'Maybe' the reason the person came in sick, is because they have no sick or personal days available to them ?

Walmart saves money by encouraging people to come in sick.
Walmart passes those savings ((& the virus)) on to you.

Regards

No argument.
I wasn't in Walmart to save money. I was in Walmart because they are the best Pharmacy in a 15 mile radius.

I do understand the nonsense many put up with on their jobs regarding sick time. There was 10 years of my life that I had the no paid sick time. I didn't make it very clear that this Walmart associate never learned to cover or turn their face to sneeze. Yuck!

I do understand the nonsense many put up with on their jobs regarding sick time. There was 10 years of my life that I had the no paid sick time. I didn't make it very clear that this Walmart associate never learned to cover or turn their face to sneeze. Yuck!

Coughing or sneezing into your hand is even worse than not covering your mouth at all. I see way too many people coughing into their hand then touching things with that same hand without washing or sanitizing. I bring Purell with me everywhere I go this time of year and use it several times a day if i'm out in public.

Coughing or sneezing into your hand is even worse than not covering your mouth at all. I see way too many people coughing into their hand then touching things with that same hand without washing or sanitizing.

I have been very impressed with the percentage of people I see these days coughing into their elbow (the preferred technique). Makes me feel better about it.

Just came back from a Celebrity cruise where they had staff standing in front of the dining room, the cafeteria, and the gangway inviting passengers to get hand disinfectant applied.

I wonder if this is common with other cruise lines.

Pet Peeve: That 9/10 of a cent added to gasoline prices. Get rid of it.

Just came back from a Celebrity cruise where they had staff standing in front of the dining room, the cafeteria, and the gangway inviting passengers to get hand disinfectant applied.

I wonder if this is common with other cruise lines.

Given that cruise ships are excellent places to spread norovirus, it makes sense to have people sanitize their hands since that helps to minimize the chance of spread. The cdc estimates 19-21 million cases a year. Every so often you hear of norovirus on a cruise ship which typically means after the ship returns a top to bottom cleaning of the ship, so the cruise line wants to avoid a norovirus outbreak in the first place.

It certainly makes sense for cruise ship management to promote hand sanitizing. In my previous cruise which was 20 years ago, they did not do that.

It certainly makes sense for cruise ship management to promote hand sanitizing. In my previous cruise which was 20 years ago, they did not do that.

I think the focus on hand sanitizing started after SARS and multiple Norwalk outbreaks, and after research was published showing how effective it is.

No argument.
I wasn't in Walmart to save money. I was in Walmart because they are the best Pharmacy in a 15 mile radius.

I have never used a WalMart pharmacy the was worth a tinkers damn.

"Love. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru."

Ugh. One of the dumbest slogans ever.

FWIW - Viking Cruise line in Russia had hand disinfectant stations at the ship entrance and the dining area. They were the no-touch auto-spray type. Everyone appeared to be using them:)

+1 we could get rid of pennies too... round each purchase to the nearest nickel and be done with it.

Canada did that in 2012. We don't miss it.

Last edited:
+1 we could get rid of pennies too... round each purchase to the nearest nickel and be done with it.
Since I pay with the card for just about everything, this is less of a pet peeve for me than it used to be.

Now, on that rare occasion I pay cash and get some change, I say under my breath "Oh crap, now I have to walk around with some metal disks in my pocket! What the heck am I gonna do with these!".

-ERD50

FWIW - Viking Cruise line in Russia had hand disinfectant stations at the ship entrance and the dining area. They were the no-touch auto-spray type. Everyone appeared to be using them:)
The ship I was on also had the automatic type at several places.

Still, they had a staff standing at entrances of dining areas and the gangway with a big bottle during high-traffic hours. I think when she makes eye contact with you, it is difficult to walk by without sticking your hand out for a spray.

During off-hours, when the hand-sanitizing sentry was not there, I saw people walking by the automatic machines without using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom