What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the checkout person at Ace Hardware asks me if I have an Ace Reward Card. Reward? Are you kidding me? $5.00 after spending $250.00:confused: And to get it you have to navigate their website, fill out all the info, and only then will they start the "process" of sending you your windfall. Get ready to wait six weeks for it. What a joke.

If this is the picture you are talking about do you have any idea how I can get it to automatically show up for me? Thanking you in advance...

r
images
[/QUOTE]
As Eddie Money once said...."I think I'm in love..."

When the checkout person at Ace Hardware asks me if I have an Ace Reward Card. Reward? Are you kidding me? $5.00 after spending $250.00:confused: And to get it you have to navigate their website, fill out all the info, and only then will they start the "process" of sending you your windfall. Get ready to wait six weeks for it. What a joke.

OK... reminded me of Staples... get the reward card and at some point in time they send you your 'reward'.... but, you have to cash it in in short order or you lose it!!!

And another with Staples.... you get a 'rebate'.... but they send you a debit card... but there is no way to get all your money off that crap card.... and then the fees kick in and take it away anyhow....

And that also reminds me of Menards. "11% rebate on anything you can fit in this bag." Menards has never offered rebates, they are store credits. False advertising.

OK... reminded me of Staples... get the reward card and at some point in time they send you your 'reward'.... but, you have to cash it in in short order or you lose it!!!

Yep. Several years ago I bought an expensive gift for a relative from a local specialty shop. It was advertised as coming with a $50 gift card. A few months later I took the card in to make a purchase and was informed that it had expired. The expiration date was shown in very tiny mice-type on the back of the card. It turned out I had two whole weeks :crazy: to use the card before it expired. When I protested that a 'gift' card should not have an expiration date or it wasn't much of a gift, I was basically told 'to bad fellow'. :eek:

I never went back. :trash:

Yep. Several years ago I bought an expensive gift for a relative from a local specialty shop. It was advertised as coming with a $50 gift card. A few months later I took the card in to make a purchase and was informed that it had expired. The expiration date was shown in very tiny mice-type on the back of the card. It turned out I had two whole weeks :crazy: to use the card before it expired. When I protested that a 'gift' card should not have an expiration date or it wasn't much of a gift, I was basically told 'to bad fellow'. :eek:

Sorry, but if that happened to me, I would have gone back to that store and said I wasn't leaving until I got my $50.

Plastic apple sauce and salsa 'jars'. So it is bad enough that these jars started to develop monstrous concave bottoms to reduce the content amount. Now they have developed ribbing along the bottom and the sides to make it impossible to get the last of the contents out. I long for the days of environmentally friendly, smooth glass jars. Sigh.

Plastic apple sauce and salsa 'jars'. So it is bad enough that these jars started to develop monstrous concave bottoms to reduce the content amount. Now they have developed ribbing along the bottom and the sides to make it impossible to get the last of the contents out. I long for the days of environmentally friendly, smooth glass jars. Sigh.

Newman's Own Slasa. In glass jar. Good too. They claim all profits go to charity. I just like it.

The Costco Kirkland brand is also in a glass jar but it is a little hot for me so I am partial to the Tostitos salsa which is in one of the accursed 'jars'.

Well, I finally got one today.

Discover sent me a new card because their was a "data breech" and the letter advised me to activate the new card and cancel the old. So I did.

The process was a little more complicated than it usually is, I had to talk to a real person who informed me that my account was over limit. I told that person that's not possible.

Oh yes it is if you have 14 grand of fraud on your (mine as it was) account.

Hackers. I think there should be capitol punishment for hackers. Just shoot em.

I thought this had been outlawed.

Pretentious restaurant menus: DH and I ordered this last weekend at a contemporary American restaurant: "savoy golabki, quinoa, mozzarella, rutabaga, golden raisins, heirloom tomato sauces." after the waiter had painstakingly translated the entire menu. The helper waiter delivered the dish saying, "you guys ordered the cabbage roll." Yes, and it was delicious, so why call it savoy golabk on the menui? OTOH we now can throw around "aigre doux" when we want to say "sweet and sour", so we did learn something....

The inability of some cities to keep the roads open when it snows. Such as the recent snow storm debacle in Portland OR that " delayed one Friday’s shipment of free-range chicken thighs to Jurassic Cart, a food truck providing paleo-centric, organic and locally sourced dishes".

To add insult to injury, not only can one not get good food, one cannot do other things to take care of the body. For example thanks to their inability to keep the roads clear "Lainey Morse shut down her goat-yoga sessions for January due to the storms'.

Egads! How can a person survive without free range, paleo-centric, locally sourced food and goat yoga lessons?!?!?! Soon people will be dropping dead in the streets. And I don't mean from slipping on the icy sidewalks.

Last edited:
The inability of some cities to keep the roads open when it snows. Such as the recent snow storm debacle in Portland OR that " delayed one Friday’s shipment of free-range chicken thighs to Jurassic Cart, a food truck providing paleo-centric, organic and locally sourced dishes". Egads! How can a person survive without free range, paleo-centric, locally sourced food?!?!?!

Off with their heads!

Pretentious restaurant menus: DH and I ordered this last weekend at a contemporary American restaurant: "savoy golabki, quinoa, mozzarella, rutabaga, golden raisins, heirloom tomato sauces." after the waiter had painstakingly translated the entire menu. The helper waiter delivered the dish saying, "you guys ordered the cabbage roll." Yes, and it was delicious, so why call it savoy golabk on the menui? OTOH we now can throw around "aigre doux" when we want to say "sweet and sour", so we did learn something....

The only word in there that I would need translated is golabki. Since Savoy is a variety of cabbage, it does make sense to me. However, why make people feel uncomfortable? If they are going to use foreign words on the menu, they should put an English translation underneath.

I get Ace coupons that are $5 off $20 purchase every 2 weeks.

The only word in there that I would need translated is golabki. Since Savoy is a variety of cabbage, it does make sense to me. However, why make people feel uncomfortable? If they are going to use foreign words on the menu, they should put an English translation underneath.

Around Grapetown, no one would feel uncomfortable about golabki, halushki or perogies on a menu. But I would run in the other direction if I saw quinoa, because I know exactly what that is!

Young people are children; young goats are kids. I've considered it insulting since about 14 to misuse this one. I especially hate it when I catch myself dropping the k-word.

Young people are children; young goats are kids. I've considered it insulting since about 14 to misuse this one. I especially hate it when I catch myself dropping the k-word.
Excellent point. I prefer the term "brats". :LOL:

Don't hold back, y'all. I know you're really thinking "Spawn".

Around Grapetown, no one would feel uncomfortable about golabki, halushki or perogies on a menu. But I would run in the other direction if I saw quinoa, because I know exactly what that is!

Yes, and I knew I was getting a cabbage roll ($13 for the appetizer), which it probably is called everywhere else at this restaurant (hence the helper waiter's description when he delivered it); people like me are probably the restaurant's pet peeve :LOL:

My second restaurant pet peeve is "Have you been here before?" "No," "Let me tell you about us" (for five to ten minutes, while we are waiting to talk with our friends, but sure, tell me about the owner's life story. And then translate the menu for another five to ten). And then there's "Let me tell you my favorites" which happen to be the most expensive things on the menu....

(The meal was amazing once we got through the above)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom