What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have similar thoughts when I glance at the "giant-sized ladies' underwear" catalogs which keep getting sent to my house, even though no giant-sized ladies live here. Why on earth doesn't a 44HH bra, involving major engineering and vast amounts of material, cost 10 times as much as a 34B? But no, they cost about the same...

A.

Hahaha, Did someone send you this as a gag? Still on the mailing list? hahaha. Im only on page 8 of this thread but this one so far was the funniest.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I know better than to argue on these boards :) but I not talking about party parking, I get that. I am talking about people with too many cars or cars they don't use, please don't just leave those on the lawn, it looks bad.

Sorry if you don't like how many cars I have or that I park them on MY lawn. If it bothers you so much, please move.... I'll help you load the moving van.

....Everyone should be going under the speed limit regardless of what lane they are in. The speed limit is the maximum speed, not the minimum. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

I suppose that you still believe in leprechauns too? :D

Last edited:
People who cross the the solid white gore point lines and start to gain momentum to pass you from on ramps and act all facially perturbed when you drop in to the lane legally.

Mail carriers: Pet Peeve.

This week we had a mail order prescription delivered to our mailbox but it wasn't ours. Same house number, much different street and clearly labelled.

So we left it in the box with a note saying it was not ours. Next day...still there (ignored by the carrier). So I delivered it myself to the old gentleman who had asked the SAME carrier why it showed "delivered" online and he had not received it. Go figure...:facepalm:

Hey, we are not talking about a Lego set here, this is prescription medicine.

By some miracle I got last year a piece of mail that was not my address. I have 5 numbers in my address, before you get to the street name. Its from NYC, looks official, doesnt have a name on it just 3 numbers and my street number, no such address. I open it up. Its a notice that the house is going to be sold at auction, or a tax lien or some serious crazyness. It has a lot and block number on it. I do dome internet stuff and find out the real house that has this trouble. After the pucker effect wears off that some one didnt quick claim my house from me I drive with the bride to the home in question. About 8 blocks away. One of the neighbors says :eek:h he is in a nursing home" . I gave them the letter and they said they would try to notify a relative.

I've been doing this whenever I go to the supermarket if I pass someone nearly done unloading their cart--I just ask if they are done with the cart. I usually get a big "thanks" for saving them a trip to the cart corral, and I save the cart fetcher from having to hoof that cart in. It's no work for me--I'm walking into the store anyway. (Sometimes I do ride the cart).

In Europe the carts are typically hooked together inside the store. You insert a coin into the lock and the cart pops free. Return the cart and hook it to another one and the coin pops out. There's aren't a lot of loose carts in the parking lots.

Pet peeves:
1) No recycling symbol on that big plastic lid. Why not make it out of something that can be recycled? Some of those mayo lids have about as much plastic as the jar.

2) Recycling symbols that are too small to read. I know my peepers ain't what they used to be, but a 1/4" symbol on the bottom of a clear plastic container is ridiculous. Does it cost more to make it bigger?

3) The increasingly common use of "So, . . ." to begin sentences in conversation. I don't know when this started, but it is annoying. Just say what you want to say without the affectation, please.

You have to put a quarter around here to get a cart, and when you return it you get your quarter back. You got to see people even in the rain waiting to get their quarter back.:LOL:. Myself included

The obvious answer is "BBT security questions" .... Seriously, I will never remember the answer to that question. Pet peeves can be numerous and fleeting and do not stick in my memory. It's a poor choice for security question but I am seeing more and more poor set of security questions these days.

Hahahahah

Sorry if you don't like how many cars I have or that I park them on MY lawn. If it bothers you so much, please move.... I'll help you load the moving van.

Wow, that is the first time someone has been rude to me here. It is actually against the rules in the city I live in.

Wow, that is the first time someone has been rude to me here. It is actually against the rules in the city I live in.

If there are city ordinances prohibiting parking in your own yard then I think you have a valid point... nothing like that around here... I park on our lawn all the time... it is our surplus parking lot.... I guess that given my "neighbor from hell" I'm somewhat sensitive to people who look to infringe on a landowner's legal use of their own property.

I wasn't trying to be rude... more on the order of a good-natured strong tug on your chain... I probably should have added a smiley to the prior post. :D

Last edited:
It is actually against the rules in the city I live in.

Same in my town re parking on the grass. If not being able to do that is a problem for someone, they probably shouldn't live in an incorporated area where there are codes.

I also hate all those stores asking for personal information and/or contributions to some cause at the checkout. CVS now has a credit card machine that asks for your e-mail address and the two choices are: Not Now and Yes. There isn't a No, Never! selection, so you have to go through the process each time.

Last night, eight homes burnt to the ground in my area (25 Km away) due to a human caused fire. The fire is not yet 100% controlled and the winds are picking up.

:mad::mad::mad:

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercooler/news/news/Kelowna/Eight_homes_lost_in_Okanagan_Centre_Fire/
I'm hoping your safe. That's one of mine too. People who don't understand the consequences of their actions.

A guy from my old team just lost both his parents in a horrific accident on I-70. Everyone on the highway was stopped or stopping for road work when a TT didn't see the signs. Five innocent people were killed because of one person who apparently wasn't paying attention.

eight homes burnt to the ground in my area (25 Km away) due to a human caused fire. The fire is not yet 100% controlled and the winds are picking up.
Been thinking about you Meadbh. Good luck! Maybe we should bring back Burning at the Stake for the guilty!

Been thinking about you Meadbh. Good luck! Maybe we should bring back Burning at the Stake for the guilty!

I'm fine, thanks, but I am going to pack an evacuation kit just in case. Very smoky here today!

Virtually every smoker I've observed appears to be under the [-]delusion[/-] impression that once the flicked butt leaves their fingers it's absorbed into the cosmos and isn't a sidewalk/gutter eyesore/fire hazard.
One of the major sources of ocean pollution is butts. Number one among recovered items on beaches. People seem to think they will dissolve. Or that hiding them in the sand makes them go away.

There was an empty lot behind my mothers house , every few years the sanitation department would clean it out and put a summons in my mothers mailbox, and then they sent her another bill in the mail. In the pre computer days I had to go down to the tax people and look for who the real owner was, then I had to go to court and show that the lot was not hers. This would take several appearances because the guy who wrote the summons was not present on the first hearing date.
After MIL died, the cable company continued to send her bills (forwarded to our house) even though I had cancelled the service . DW said we should pay, I said no way, it is their screwup. So it got sent to a collection company. They phoned our house looking for her. I gave them the number for the funeral home. They phoned back and said that her credit rating would be ruined. I said I am sure she will care.:LOL:

I'm fine, thanks, but I am going to pack an evacuation kit just in case. Very smoky here today!

You know, it might be worth it to just evacuate even if it isn't absolutely necessary. You'd get away from the smoke, and could perhaps explore your evacuation destination and enjoy a more relaxed day on a sort of mini-vacation.

OK, I hate smoke. :LOL: But that is probably what I'd do, if I was in your position.

You know, it might be worth it to just evacuate even if it isn't absolutely necessary. You'd get away from the smoke, and could perhaps explore your evacuation destination and enjoy a more relaxed day.

OK, I hate smoke. :LOL: But that is probably what I'd do, if I was in your position.

W2R, thank you for your concern. To evade the smoke I would have to drive several hundred kilometres to Vancouver or Calgary (where I understand the smoke is perceptible). The smoke is mostly coming from huge fires around Ashcroft, Williams Lake and 100 Mile House (much more devastating than the one I linked to) and it changes with the wind. Yesterday the sky was very clear and tomorrow it may be clear also.

There are currently up to 37,000 people evacuated and moving around the Province, with multiple evacuation centres set up, now including in my community. Leaving my (for now) perfectly safe, airconditioned suburban home 250m from the nearest fire station for an uncertain destination is not a good idea. Following the Emergency Services several times a day updates and being ready to go at a moment's notice in the unlikely event of a fire that threatens my home is, I think, a better plan. Besides, it is early in the fire season. This will go on for weeks or months. So it's not a question of going somewhere for a day.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom