What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, the more times you say "Great question", the less time you have to [-]lie[/-] actually answer...

I think this is the real motivation behind throwing that phrase out. It's just to buy time for them to think about how to formulate their response, and sounds better than "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...."

People who leave their grocery shopping carts in the middle of the aisle preventing you from getting past. Ugh!! I give them two "excuse me" so they will move their cart. If no response I move their cart.

I guess I'm a cart Nazi.:D I hate discourteous behavior.

You're more patient than me. I just move the cart. Stupidity and rudeness doesn't deserve an "Excuse me".

You're more patient than me. I just move the cart. Stupidity and rudeness doesn't deserve an "Excuse me".

These are probably the same people that leave their cart in the parking space so that the next person can't get into the spot.

Really? You can't walk 20 ft to the cart return?

People who leave their grocery shopping carts in the middle of the aisle preventing you from getting past. Ugh!! I give them two "excuse me" so they will move their cart. If no response I move their cart.

I guess I'm a cart Nazi.:D I hate discourteous behavior.

Give them a break, they are probably closing a million dollar deal on their cell phone and just to busy to notice they are blocking the aisle for a common person.:LOL: I've heard some funny one sided conversations listening to people in a public place talk on their cell phones.

Last edited:
My dog died in August and I really miss her! I miss my walking buddy and all around good friend. We are holding off on any new pets as we approach cutting loose and anticipating a year or two on the road. Great husband and lots of great peeps but there is nothing like a dog to make you feel like the most important and exciting and wonderful thing to have happened all day. Dogs like kids help us see through shear bliss glasses. I'm trying to develop my own bliss glasses but she was such a great reminder to live in the moment! I miss her so much. That is my pet peeve for today and the last several months.

I'm sorry for your loss GreenER. Dogs and other pets are great friends and comfort. Remember all the happy days, each is a gift. Your dog would love for you to be happy. We're dog people, your words touched me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Big pet peeve today:

Someone from my former work signed her entire email list up for a listserve related to my former work. It was my personal email address. I had asked that my name be removed from all the email lists when I left back in September, and it appears that I was removed, as I stopped getting emails from the hospital personnel. But then they sent my email to this useless listserv. Long story why they had my personal email.

In two hours, there were 19 emails in my inbox as a direct result of that listserve. I asked to be removed from the listserv, and that was done, but I was unable to discover the goon who did this is. Interestingly, several of the emails were from people asking to be removed from the listserv. Idiots!

The 3 women who work for me are usually wonderful and don't require much management. Except for today. One said something that hurt the others feelings, one stormed out after our meeting, then I got a slew of texts from both them with their side of the story. Felt like I had a group of teenage girls working for me instead of professional women.

Luckily this is a rare occurrence but still annoyed the heck out of me today.

If you make a peeve your pet it will follow you home and then follow you around. I think catch and release is the way to go!

Oh and thanks MRG I am trying to stay focused on all of our happy times.

Last edited:
Those annoying slide shows that people use to pass on information online. Mostly they are nonsense stuff like "The hottest ER bachelors" or "15 ways to BBQ fermented Kale".

One has to click anywhere from 10 to 24 times to find only one or two pieces of useful information, if any at all. Please just give us a list we can scan, and then a link to click on to get more information on the one or two things we find interesting.

I was about to mention this and you beat me to it. I understand they are trying to get as many "click throughs" as they can in order to generate revenue..but please, it's SO annoying. At least give us the OPTION to see it on one screen.

Now, my Facebook peeve of the day: There is a public page, say with 1,000 members. Someone poses a question such as "What is the building next to XXX". Now, pretty early on, someone will answer the question. And then someone else will too, then about 100 people will...it keeps on going. WHY!?!? It's answered, you need not contribute the SAME INFORMATION!!!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but all these embedded sigs on this forum, like:
(pad with a few blank lines)

Sent from my XYZ device, using bla-bla-bla software

(pad with a few blank lines)

First, I don't care what device/SW anyone uses. Do you think I do? Why?

Second, I just have to delete that section when I quote, 'cause it looks really stupid to quote something that is stupid to begin with, and then just takes up space again.

Note that a sig in the forum software is not included in a quote, so that's not so bad.

Can't people change that setting, and not send it with every freakin' post? We got it the first time.

-ERD50

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but all these embedded sigs on this forum, like:

It is my understanding that it is embedded in the app, and no they can't turn it off. Blame the developer, not the user.

It is my understanding that it is embedded in the app, and no they can't turn it off. Blame the developer, not the user.

I believe it can be edited and/or turned off by going to Settings, Signature in the app.

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure and don't use the app myself.

Well this is a test. I thought I'd turned it off before. Let's see.

Those annoying slide shows that people use to pass on information online. Mostly they are nonsense stuff like "The hottest ER bachelors" or "15 ways to BBQ fermented Kale".

Not sure about the sites you view "The hottest ER bachelors" but most of those articles have a "print" button on the first slide page. If you click on that it should bring up a 1 page for viewing/printing. You don't have to print the article and it doesn't automatically print.

First, I don't care what device/SW anyone uses. Do you think I do? Why?

-ERD50

I hope the person who sends his from his iCouch does not change his setting. I get a kick out of it every time I see it. I am easily amused!

Some charities, we made a generous end of year contribution to a local no-kill shelter. Yesterday's mail a request from the same people with tear jerking photos. Really I don't like the pulling of emotions. I just gave you a pile of unsolicited money, go away.

I hope the person who sends his from his iCouch does not change his setting. I get a kick out of it every time I see it. I am easily amused!

OK, I'll make an exception for 'iCouch'! They are obviously, 'in' on the silly-nous (silliness?) of it ;)

Though it would be better as a 'sig', then it doesn't show up in a quote.

-ERD50

Last edited:
My pet peeve of the day is when arranging plans with people and asking a question pretty much point blank, but they reply by pretty much just ignoring the question. :facepalm:

For example, if going out of town to catch a show, my email would be something like, "I got my ticket. Have you found a hotel to stay at?" and the person replies back but says nothing about a hotel :facepalm:

Last edited:
For example, if going out of town to catch a show, my email would be something like, "I got my ticket. Have you found a hotel to stay at?" and the person replies back but says nothing about a hotel :facepalm:

You just need to interpret it correctly. The answer was "Damn! :facepalm: I knew I was supposed to doing one more thing - the hotel!"

You just need to interpret it correctly. The answer was "Damn! :facepalm: I knew I was supposed to doing one more thing - the hotel!"

My very well be true :) But a "No" answer is acceptable too :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom