What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always found florist deliveries to be the most annoying of all. Don't worry about it.

Condolences on your loss, but yes, you must handle it your own way.

I have always found florist deliveries to be the most annoying of all. Don't worry about it.

Condolences on your loss, but yes, you must handle it your own way.

Glad to see I'm in good company! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Gas got cheap, yet gas stations are not giving away salt shakers, plates, cups or Ginzu knifes. Yet.

How low will gas price get before new full service gas stations try to woo customers?

Heh, one can dream.

This has been probably said before . . .

Waitresses at expensive restaurants ($50 and up entrees) who come up to you and say, "Are you through working on that?"

Just read another post about USPS losing someones package. SO:
Why in the heck should I pay USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc. extra for insurance for them to do the ONE thing I'm paying them to do: send a package from one place to another safely?
Seriously can't they do their major job correctly?

Somehow I think USPS losing a package happens less than people think. I'm 65, and in my entire life I know of only one instance of a piece of mail that I sent not arriving and I use (and still use) the mail lot. Considering the volume of mail that they handle I think that's pretty impressive.

As with so many other things in life "10,000 attaboys are canceled out by one awsh*t".:LOL:

I know people mean well, but when you lose a dog that's been your best buddy for many years, I feel anger when people suggest you get a rescue pup right away to "make you feel better about your loss." It is an insensitive suggestion and people should be given time to grieve over their loss. It's their choice if and when they want to adopt a new family member.

I know people mean well, but when you lose a dog that's been your best buddy for many years, I feel anger when people suggest you get a rescue pup right away to "make you feel better about your loss." It is an insensitive suggestion and people should be given time to grieve over their loss. It's their choice if and when they want to adopt a new family member.

I quite agree. It's even more insensitive for people to suggest to parents who have recently lost a child that "you can always have another one". Humans and pets are not commodities.

I also agree . I had a few insensitive people suggest I start dating pretty soon after my husband died .

Somehow I think USPS losing a package happens less than people think. I'm 65, and in my entire life I know of only one instance of a piece of mail that I sent not arriving and I use (and still use) the mail lot. Considering the volume of mail that they handle I think that's pretty impressive.

As with so many other things in life "10,000 attaboys are canceled out by one awsh*t".:LOL:

Walt - You must be blessed!

In the last two years, we have had a new cell phone (Priority Mail) not show up, had a pack of AMEX gift cards ($500 worth) not show up, had a Discount Tire rebate VISA not show up, had numerous pieces of the wrong mail in our box, some of which were prescription meds, had a hard drive I sent to Western Digital (RMA) never get there, had neighbors two streets over hand deliver our mail that was in their boxes.

We don't use the P.O. for nearly anything anymore. Packages go FedEx (my account), bills get paid electronically, if we have to mail it, we take it directly to the P.O. and pay to send it certified mail.

They just can't be trusted and have no accountability in the event of a lost item, other than fight you if you have insurance.

Just read another post about USPS losing someones package. SO:
Why in the heck should I pay USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc. extra for insurance for them to do the ONE thing I'm paying them to do: send a package from one place to another safely?

If you send it as a package, it has insurance... but I think it is like $100.... if it is more valuable, then you need to declare it and pay the insurance...

They just can't be trusted and have no accountability in the event of a lost item, other than fight you if you have insurance.

Wow, what a difference! Maybe it's the work ethic of the population in different areas? Management styles? Interesting topic for someone to do a study on.

I have found UPS (the private service) to be less reliable than the USPS.

The USPS rarely makes a mistake and always delivers.

UPS on the other hand, loves to deliver my packages to a guy on a different street but with the same address number, and visa-versa. Not so good.

Overall, both do a good job, put the USPS is better, IMHO.

Wow, what a difference! Maybe it's the work ethic of the population in different areas? Management styles? Interesting topic for someone to do a study on.

We are at the "end of the line" from the P.O. and frequently have different delivery people. Last year, our entire street was not getting mail for an entire week. We had to go (my DW and a neighbor) to visit the Postmaster in person to see what was going on. The P.O. will not answer a phone here.

After the Postmaster looked into it, it was a "sub" postman (actually a woman) working the route who could not open the box cover (we have pigeon hole boxes in a standing unit with a locked cover) and therefore did not deliver anyone's mail. She just let it pile up in her truck. She blamed a non-working key (hers!). Said it would take a week to get new key cut.

Now we have the same people dropping Amazon packages on driveways and not knocking on doors. How nice.

We are at the "end of the line" from the P.O. and frequently have different delivery people. Last year, our entire street was not getting mail for an entire week. We had to go (my DW and a neighbor) to visit the Postmaster in person to see what was going on. The P.O. will not answer a phone here.

After the Postmaster looked into it, it was a "sub" postman (actually a woman) working the route who could not open the box cover (we have pigeon hole boxes in a standing unit with a locked cover) and therefore did not deliver anyone's mail. She just let it pile up in her truck. She blamed a non-working key (hers!). Said it would take a week to get new key cut.

Now we have the same people dropping Amazon packages on driveways and not knocking on doors. How nice.

It always boils down to the people.

Can you complain higher up the food chain? Get media involved? Would be nice for some responsible people to have those Gov't jobs.

Oh, wait. Get it on video and post on YouTube. The court of public opinion.

Or maybe the higher power here is Amazon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom