What Is Your Wallet?

RetiredGypsy

Full time employment: Posting here.
Instead of what's in your wallet, what kind of wallet do you have? I've been using this Alpine Swiss minimalist super slim front pocket wallet for the past several years, but my collection of cards and IDs I need to carry around has outgrown the space available.

So what have you been happy with? What holds all your stuff?

I carry a very "traditional" leather, single fold wallet. It has "slots" for all my cards - though I double up on a few (like HI cards in one slot, discount cards in another, etc.) It tends to get a bit fat from time to time, so I've begun carrying it in my front pocket. Wearing an aloha shirt over it makes it less noticeable. Placing my comb in the fold makes it less "dipable" as well. YMMV

Instead of what's in your wallet, what kind of wallet do you have? I've been using this Alpine Swiss minimalist super slim front pocket wallet for the past several years, but my collection of cards and IDs I need to carry around has outgrown the space available.

I used to use a similar one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M71RQ8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was fine, and held everything I needed.

But then, in 2015 I lost it. So, I had to replace my driver's license and everything else in it. What a hassle. After that I bought a wallet with a sturdy attached clip that I can clip to my shoulder bag, so I can't accidently drop or lose it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C75KWU4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Very similar to yours. Only room for a few card and bills. Perfect for me. Prior I used a binder clip wallet. It was fine, DW had a different impression.

I currently use the purse that came with my golf bag. It's most important feature is the sturdy clip that can be used to attach it to a golf bag, a belt, or inside a larger bag.

I carry a double-fold wallet to hold my cash and a few unimportant other items such as phone numbers on the backs of old business cards. My important cards are kept in a separate single-fold card pouch with see-through windows on each side to show one card. This was more important years ago when I rode the trains all the time and could show the monthly train pass to the crewman without taking it out. I have the drivers license in one window now.

Few years ago was having to unload the wallet from back pocket while driving. Then even noticed when on couch a bit of numbing, so gave up the back wallet (maybe 3/4" thick) for a very thin $10 one I put in front pocket. Since I use very little cash, works fine. Took some getting used to though "Ack! where's my wallet" when realizing there wasn't one in back pocket!

I carry a very "traditional" leather, single fold wallet. It has "slots" for all my cards - though I double up on a few (like HI cards in one slot, discount cards in another, etc.) It tends to get a bit fat from time to time, so I've begun carrying it in my front pocket. Wearing an aloha shirt over it makes it less noticeable. Placing my comb in the fold makes it less "dipable" as well. YMMV

same here

I'm a leather trifold guy from my teenage years and carry one debit card and one credit card that gets used about once every 3-4 years. The trifold becomes a part of me for 10-15 years before it needs to be replaced. Almost hate parting ways when the time comes to let it go.

Nothing like worn in leather contoured to your right cheek. :LOL:

I lost my first Taxi wallet, actually I believe it was stolen. So I tried others and then went back to the Taxi wallet. It is a front pocket wallet that hold it all very well. I put my most used cards in the external center access.

https://www.amazon.com/WALLET-LEATH...99532451&sr=8-1&keywords=original+taxi+wallet

I have to say it is really the best wallet I ever had. Pics on Amazon show it well.
I also carry a Taxi wallet. Mine is about 20 years old I think.

For many years I've been using the Day-Timers organizer system and every couple couple years I treat myself to a new one of their wallets. Love the calendars/ organizers/note space (I have not adapted to online calendars but still need to physically write things down). Like people's smart phones today, I'd be lost without my Day Timer wallet! The good quality leather wallets hold up very well under daily use and hold all my cards, checkbook, coins, bills, pen. It is one of the few products out there that is so entirely satisfying for its purpose that I've never thought of switching in, oh, 25 years or so now.

Eagle creek folding wallet. It's small since my pockets are small. I can't overstuff it. It will hold cards and cash and receipts - but not too many. I think it's mostly fabric.

It's usually in my purse, but I sometimes go purse-less, which is why I use a small "man's" wallet. I carry it in a side or front zippered pocket - never back.

Last edited:
Anyone remember when you were a kid, and carried your money in your sock? And when you got the change, you said "please throw it in the bag, Thank you"

Black Penguin brand trifold. DD2 did good this time, it's 4 years old now and looks better than new.
DD2 gets me either wallet, polo shirts, or nose hair trimmers for gifts.
DD1 is in charge of belts.

Standard butt pocket leather bifold.

For folding money I use a rubber band and keep it in my front pocket.

For credit cards, I have a custom Alligator card holder made by a individual in Florida. This stays in back pocket. Note that this is small enough to not protrude and be easy pickings for thieves.

I use a Big Skinny. It's held up for about 7 years now where a leather wallet would look terrible in just a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom