What it's like in an Introverts head.

I don't know if I'm reacting like some people do to a horoscope, but wow I swear this is right on the mark for me.

It was a good view I enjoyed it. I am it.

I can think about stuff endlessly, there is no "straight through" solution, there is "this and that and that other thing over there".

Good stuff.

So, where do I fit? There really is no one description that fits how my brain works.

Sometimes I am a straight-line thinker. That is when I get into trouble, since it means I am relying on my gut.

When I force myself to think through all the implications and then ask for other people's advice, I don't enjoy it, but usually get a better result. Or else I get hung up in "analysis paralysis" while other people are fuming for me to make a decision already.

Usually I'm like this picture. I calmly and thoughtfully consider the stimulus, the related history, and the plans to achieve the desired result.

About once a year or so, I'm ashamed to admit, I get pushed hard enough that I receive the stimulus, amplify it by 1000, and send it straight back out.

I call this phenomenon "Thermonuclear Destruction." I wish I had a better grip on it.

Attachments

• Introvert.JPG
    Introvert.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 20
I'm guessing that there is an over-representation of "I"'s and "J"'s in these forums in Briggs Meyers parlance, relative to the general population.

I'm an INTJ, though fairly borderline on the I and the N. Engineer, of course. And yes, I'm in my own head way too much.

And yes, I'm in my own head way too much.

I have recently learned how to understand and to manage this.

I have never been into meditation, various eastern religions/philosophies or psycho self help. However, I recently listened to an audio book called "Power of now" by Eckhart Tolle.

The series helped me understand what is happening with my mind; past, future and now... kind of an owners manual.

Great read. I'm a high extrovert...bride is a high introvert. I wish I knew this stuff during the first 20 years of marriage! It would have made for a much better relationship. I would have been far more accepting and patient.

I read the book referenced (The Introvert Advantage) after I saw my wife reading it. Also I read the follow on -- The Introvert and Extrovert in Love: Making It Work When Opposites Attract. It was quite helpful.

Back
Top Bottom