What's Your Least Favorite Beatles Song?

She's So Heavy and #9 personally do nothing for me.

She's So Heavy and #9 personally do nothing for me.

That's funny, 'cause I've always really liked "She's So Heavy". Jazzy little break, I like the doubling of the voice/guitar, and then that heavy lick that just builds and builds and builds with the white noise to an abrupt end.

-ERD50

That's funny, 'cause I've always really liked "She's So Heavy". Jazzy little break, I like the doubling of the voice/guitar, and then that heavy lick that just builds and builds and builds with the white noise to an abrupt end.

-ERD50

Maybe it's because it's a song for Yoko, and I blame her still no matter what Paul says now! :)

Maybe it's because it's a song for Yoko, and I blame her still no matter what Paul says now! :)
"The Ballad of John and Yoko" might change your mind. Paul was doing it. Meaning he still rocked. It was a Lennon song, of course.

Last edited:
"The Ballad of John and Yoko" might change your mind. Paul was doing it.

I think they were the only 2 Beatles involved in that song if memory serves me. That song was pre Let it Be sessions, so I'm good with that song. :)

I think they were the only 2 Beatles involved in that song if memory serves me. That song was pre Let it Be sessions, so I'm good with that song. :)
Yeah, only John (guitar & lead vocal) and Paul (drums, bass, piano, harmony vocal) played on the recording of "The Ballad of John and Yoko." So, George was given the B-side of that single, with his "Old Brown Shoe"--a nice little rocker.
(Happy 73rd birthday today, John!)

OK, that explains it!

But I still think the song is great, I'll overcome that bit of background. :LOL:

Ever listen to Plastic Ono Band, Live Peace In Toronto? Fantastic raw rock & roll - one reviewer said it was like a garage band with immense talent. Then, side two.... Yoko starts 'singing', OMG! I actually kinda liked the screaming she did on "Cold Turkey" - it augmented the pain of withdrawal. But then she just wails on some 'songs', like "Don't Worry Kyoko (Mummy's Only Looking for Her Hand in the Snow)" :nonono:

-ERD50

Favorite Beatles song I love to hate:

OK, that explains it!

But I still think the song is great, I'll overcome that bit of background. :LOL:

Ever listen to Plastic Ono Band, Live Peace In Toronto? Fantastic raw rock & roll - one reviewer said it was like a garage band with immense talent. Then, side two.... Yoko starts 'singing', OMG! I actually kinda liked the screaming she did on "Cold Turkey" - it augmented the pain of withdrawal. But then she just wails on some 'songs', like "Don't Worry Kyoko (Mummy's Only Looking for Her Hand in the Snow)" :nonono:

-ERD50

Yes, I do have that, in album form. I'm needing to convert it to my iPod some day...yes she is hideous. I don't mind my GF making that noise in the sack, but not on my music. :)......Yoko improved over time...By the time Double Fantasy came out she had improved from hideous to just mildly annoying....

Yes, I do have that, in album form. I'm needing to convert it to my iPod some day...yes she is hideous. I don't mind my GF making that noise in the sack, but not on my music. :)......Yoko improved over time...By the time Double Fantasy came out she had improved from hideous to just mildly annoying....
And she (at age 80!) remains "mildly annoying" with her current version of the Plastic Ono Band (with son Sean Lennon): [HD] Yoko Ono - Cheshire Cat Cry (Ft. The Flaming Lips) - David Letterman 10-2-13 - YouTube

And she (at age 80!) remains "mildly annoying" with her current version of the Plastic Ono Band (with son Sean Lennon):

Oh Lord.... Letterman's comment at the end cracked me up! Something like "Isn't it great when the audience leaves humming the song?"

Some funny comments on youtube - the lyrics were "Stop the violence, Stop all wars." So one comment was "That performance could start a war!".

-ERD50

I love that song? Worst is "do it in the road"
Revolution (both versions, but esp the edgy one) is one of my favorites, Revolution #9 is not...

My least favorite Beatles track is Revolution 9. In some ways, I don't even consider that a "song". Of all their released songs, I have never liked "Old Brown Shoe" and would say that is my least favorite.

#9 was not a song......................more of a listen for the stone heads.

One had to be in a certain state of mind to appreciate it.

Do you think Revolution 9 is backward masking "I buried Paul"?

Oh c'mon, it at least deserves a whole bunch of points for working "balalaikas" into a pop song!

I'd have to put "USSR" into one of my top favs of the Beatles, gotta love they worked the Beach Boys sound into it.

Oh well, to each their own! [-]Enjoy![/-] Woops, I mean go ahead and dislike it!

-ERD50
Have any of you folks watched the documentary How the Beatles Rocked the Kremlin? It "tells the extraordinary and untold story of how the Beatles punctured the Iron Curtain...and contributed to the fall of communism."

I love the part about "ribs": bootleg Beatle records made from medical X-ray film.

#9 was not a song......................more of a listen for the stone heads.

One had to be in a certain state of mind to appreciate it.

Yea, that's what I was thinking.... have to be in the right mood :cool:

I like all of the ones listed so far. I guess the only one that comes close to not being a favorite is "The Long and Winding Road" doesn't even sound like Beatles to me... something Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett would sing.

Yea, that's what I was thinking.... have to be in the right mood :cool:

I like all of the ones listed so far. I guess the only one that comes close to not being a favorite is "The Long and Winding Road" doesn't even sound like Beatles to me... something Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett would sing.

I once had a bootleg recording of Paul singing accompanied solely by his piano. It sounded much better without the whole orchestra bit. (who knows where that record disappeared to?).

I once had a bootleg recording of Paul singing accompanied solely by his piano. It sounded much better without the whole orchestra bit. (who knows where that record disappeared to?).

"Let It Be..Naked" released about 10 years ago, has a stripped down version of it without the orchestra. Paul redid this album to rid it of all the add ons he didn't like as the group didn't have much to do with the original album production as they were about to break up then. "Wings Over America" concert tour was recently released in DVD Bluray has a nice version too live, though it's with Wings.

Back
Top Bottom