Wheel Chocks for an RV?

ocean view

Full time employment: Posting here.
We are renting a 25ft C-Class later this month and wondering if we need wheel chocks. I say yes, DH thinks the parking brakes are enough. We are headed to Yosemite, camping outside the park but still in the hills and not sure how level the campground will be. Which leads me to think leveling blocks might come in handy too.

Your thoughts?

Btw, this is our first RV adventure so any other "must know" info is appreciated. I'd say we have a pretty good handle on the basics (hook-ups, dumping), but then again, you don't know what you don't know...

Wheel chocks - no. The brakes will hold you in place.
Leveling blocks - yes. Far too many RV pads are unlevel and unless the unit has an auto leveling system (unlikely for a rental) you will almost certainly need something to put under the wheels to keep from falling out of bed.

Btw, this is our first RV adventure so any other "must know" info is appreciated.

A couple of things you may already know but...

When camped with full hookups, keep the black tank valve shut until you are ready to dump the tank. This prevents sewer gas from entering your RV.

On a similar note, be sure to turn off your bathroom vent fan and let it come to a complete stop before flushing. :)

Agree with REW, you will likely need some leveling blocks to drive up on. Might check if the rental RV comes with some included in a storage compartment, if it does not have levelers on the chassis. A small portable level you can set on the counter makes easy to see what is needed for leveling.

Also expanding on the black vs grey tank, dump black first and then grey second.

Most important, have fun!

On a similar note, be sure to turn off your bathroom vent fan and let it come to a complete stop before flushing. :)

I think I understand what happens if you don't and how you learned that....:LOL:

When camped with full hookups, keep the black tank valve shut until you are ready to dump the tank. This prevents sewer gas from entering your RV.

hahahah, i hope to visit someones RV, For a gag ill run the fan, flush and run out:LOL:

Thanks for those tips...I hadn't heard about the fan trick, we'll be sure to follow those instructions.

We actually reserved a site with only partial hook-ups, and not a pull through in order to make the experience "a little more challenging". DH dreams of dry camping, so no sewer hook-up will give us a feel for how quickly the tanks will fill.

Thanks for those tips...I hadn't heard about the fan trick, we'll be sure to follow those instructions.

We actually reserved a site with only partial hook-ups, and not a pull through in order to make the experience "a little more challenging". DH dreams of dry camping, so no sewer hook-up will give us a feel for how quickly the tanks will fill.

come on, invite me over, i want to flush with the fan on , i think is an urban ledgend:LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom