When water on the keyboard is a good thing..

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Im pretty sure a funny thing happened to “Cool Hand” my son, the college junior. I know many would disagree with the Mrs habit of calling him on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays before that 9AM class to make sure he’s up. Cool Hand isn’t a good early morning riser. Well funny thing this semester we call him and he’s up studying. He always hits the B thing but last semester he did exceptionally well. I’ve been driving home the you need to do well to get a job stuff. Initial feedback for this semester appears very good. Could the page be turning on adolescence?

Two nights ago i am in the front room reading.. the Mrs gets a call and I hear her say “whats wrong?” Im immediately thinking Sweet Moses what now? College kids can get into a host of trouble - so far the car meets deer thing is as bad as its gotten (and Im grateful). Anyway after a few minutes She hangs up and says he dumped a glass of water on the keyboard now it’s dead.

Sometimes you have to be happy it is a little thing.

This made me laugh. Funny the things you're grateful for...

When they both first went away to college, I was thrilled to see their name in my caller ID. After late night calls of a) I lent a guy my truck and he backed into someone; b) we decided to go drunk roller skating and I broke my wrist; or c) I walked into a guy's room and found him hanging from a noose, but I got him down in time - I wasn't as thrilled to take their calls.

I bawled like a baby when each of them graduated. Honestly I think 90% of it was relief and the other 10% was pride. Math is hard, and so are college kids. ;)

And at least they're not calling you asking you to come bail them out of jail--like our daughter has twice in the last year. And both times she was just in the wrong place and hadn't done anything to be arrested for.

Yep, don't like the late night calls. Even with grown kids out of school and on their own.
But relief and happiness when its something easily dealt with.

The funniest call from the son away at college was the one where his drunk roommate in the upper bunk tried to pee out the window but most of it splashed off the glass onto our son in the lower bunk.

Luckily our son liked his roommate and had some laundry skills and was able to laugh it off. I think his worst part of college was having to deal with all the drunks and party animals.

He graduated in 2005 (Computer Science) and is successful in his field, makes more money that he can spend and still likes us enough to show up here a couple of times a week. And he's a nice person! Can't ask for more than that.

When I glanced at the thread titles, I first read "When waterboarding is a good thing"

I thought: "What is Ray up to now?"

Now I just think I need new glasses.

When I glanced at the thread titles, I first read "When waterboarding is a good thing"

I thought: "What is Ray up to now?"

Now I just think I need new glasses.

Joe i have to ask have you been watching some spy movies or something?

Back
Top Bottom