When wealth managers win the Powerball lottery

Maybe. But what I heard was that they said they only bought ONE ticket! hum
I dunno. Maybe they each kick $20 and buy one ticket every week.

Or maybe they knew they'd win and one was all they needed? :D

I always buy into the office lottery pool (which is usually only for the larger pots). My reason is just this: it would REALLY suck if my whole team won and I was the lone holdout. I'm not willing to risk this despite the miniscule odds.

Well, that makes two of us. Most months we'll pony up $2 for one state lottery ticket and one regional ticket. We're well aware of the odds.

What we're buying is a month's worth of daydreams. Pretty cheap entertainment.

I can understand the month's worth of day dream and for a buck or two it is cheap entertainment. Unfortunately as we all know the lottery is sadly viewed as retirement saving by many.

Even as unemployment remained high and the economy dragged, players in many states responded. Of the 43 states with lotteries, 26 saw revenue grow in traditional games in the last fiscal year, with total sales up 3 percent to $56 billion, according to La Fleur’s. Ticket sales in at least 17 of those states set records, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, and several states are on track to hit all-time highs this year.

Kate Sweeny, an assistant professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside, who studies how people respond to difficult life events, said after a few years in a down economy, some people feel no control over their financial futures -- so they might turn their hope to the lottery.
“What you are buying is maybe a chance to have financial relief at a time where finances aren’t at their best for a lot of people,” Sweeny said.

I used to dream about winning the lottery, but then when I retired from active duty I realized that I'd won.

We have some family members who have bought the same sets of numbers (five different tickets, I think) every week since the lottery in their area started. They just hate doing it now and wish they'd never started , but they're afraid to stop playing because they just know that's when their numbers would hit. Intellectually they know the odds are the same every week, but still....

Woo Hoo! I just won the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY Online Sweepstakes International programmer (sic). The prize is £516,778, and all I have to do is contact the claims agent, supply lots of personal information, and arrange to pay the taxes!

Oddly enough, the UK Lottery sent me the announcement from a German domain. ;-)

Woo Hoo! I just won the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY Online Sweepstakes International programmer (sic). The prize is £516,778, and all I have to do is contact the claims agent, supply lots of personal information, and arrange to pay the taxes!

Oddly enough, the UK Lottery sent me the announcement from a German domain. ;-)

For just $100,000, I can handle all the paperwork for you ;)

We have some family members who have bought the same sets of numbers (five different tickets, I think) every week since the lottery in their area started. They just hate doing it now and wish they'd never started , but they're afraid to stop playing because they just know that's when their numbers would hit. Intellectually they know the odds are the same every week, but still....

I guess the trick would be to stop playing - and then don't LOOK at the winning numbers!!:LOL:

The $1 entry is not that improbable. A friend and I have a syndicate, we take it month about to buy tixs, which means we are only playing $1 at a time.

When I buy my tixs I really don't put any further thought into it. Occasionally when I can't sleep at night I mentally make a list of who I would give money to if my ship did come in. Usually that helps me fall asleep.

Back
Top Bottom