When you KNOW you are old...

When the same dishes you ate off of as a kid start turning up in antique stores? Happened to me before I was 50. (We had the aqua ones.)

Definition of antique....An antique is defined by an item's age. Although the U.S. government considers any item over 100 years old to be an antique, most collectors use 50 years as a benchmark

So, I'm officially an antique on my way to becoming a geezerette with the spunk of a teenager. Hmmmm.

Another telltale giveaway of age came during a staff meeting a few years ago. One of our senior staff just made an an offhand comment that really struck gold.
He said, "Did you ever notice old people sigh when they sit down". :eek:
This came after all the oldsters had their seats. :p
Now that was our last secret and he had to give it away. :rant:

Related question...Warning: The golfers here are gonna hate me for this one.:cool:

Do you INHALE or EXHALE when you swing a driver [golf club]? :2funny:

I knew I was old, or looked old, about 20 years ago when I was living in NJ. A guy friend and I were playing tennis at a large tennis complex attached to a local university when the court next to us became vacant and then immediately filled by two beautiful coeds. (No this will not sound like a Penthouse Forum letter)

Things were looking up when one of these lovelys miss-hit a ball onto our court and I called time to retrieve it at the same time as this gal bent over and displayed beautiful cleavage to me. I beat her to the ball and then tossed it to her with my sexiest smile and she said these terrible words "Thank you SIR"......:(

You know you're old when you start looking for quietness in the cars you consider buying.

How many of you old timers remember watching Andy's Gang on TV?

I loved Froggy!

We rent some apartments near Western Oregon University. Which used to be Western Oregon State College. Which used to be Oregon College of Education back when i went there right out of high school. Western Oregon University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We've owned the apartments since 4-87. Used to be i would rent to some sweet young thing who would introduce me to her parents, who would be my age - or younger. Now their Grandparents are my age - or younger! Gonna smack the next one that sirs me....

I was walking up a hill in the Central District today. A young black man said to me, "Happy Holiday Poppy!"

Ha

Wow, you guys are old. I guess you all remember Andy Devine sitting in the large rocking chair reading Rhama of the Jungle.

This thread is turning into the equivalent of Jeff Foxworthy's you know you're a redneck jokes.

Anyways, you know you're old when the girls you're looking at were born in the year you were a freshman in college.

This thread is turning into the equivalent of Jeff Foxworthy's you know you're a redneck jokes.

Anyways, you know you're old when the girls you're looking at were born in the year you were a freshman in college.

When you realize the nice young men, who help take your purchases to your car, are young enough to be your grandchildren.

My you folks are ancient. I thought I was in an Early Retirement forum >:D

Wow, you guys are old. I guess you all remember Andy Devine sitting in the large rocking chair reading Rhama of the Jungle.
Who? :duh:
I was conceived at the end of the year that Sputnik was launched into space. Mom never was quite sure if it was after the Christmas or the New Years' party. :rolleyes:

Mom never was quite sure if it was after the Christmas or the New Years' party. :rolleyes:
Due to my submarine deployment/underway schedule, we knew what day our daughter was conceived. Luckily I was inport for that evolution.

I sort of miss those vinyl records. If music had been on CD or some other digital format back in the '60s we'd never have known that Paul was dead. Plus, I had an old Monty Python album back in college (mid '70s) that we used to get stoned and listen to. Every once in a while someone would say "I don't remember this part". It took me a couple years to realize it had 3 sides. One side was double cut, and every once in a while the needle would land in the alternate groove, playing a whole different album side. You can't do that with CDs. Of course if I hadn't been trashed I'd have figured it out right away.:D

...and what were all of those kids in the audience cheering about? All the big guy did was read a few words from the big book....
The advantage of living overseas was that I missed most popular culture before 1977 and can honestly say that I never heard of the show or Froggy.

Our kid has been moving her iTunes account (synched to her iPod Touch) over to our Mac Mini ...Then she's going to give us that iPod for Christmas, already loaded up with classic rock, and show us how to make our own playlists.

In the process we learned that some of my 20-year-old CDs, including albums by Dire Straits and Robert Cray, have met their corrosion resistance.
If you lost some essential tracks check out YouTube. There are tons of songs on there - some pretty well recorded (for our degraded old folks' hearing). I use Vixy Converter BETA to convert the sound portion to MP3 and then move it into ITunes (Vixy has a web page that does the same thing but it doesn't always work). I don't think it is illegal if you are not distributing the song -- just time shifting. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom