Where do you live?

Texas....

Well, to pin it down a little better, we live in the country somewhere in-between central and east Texas. Depends on what map you are using. Nearest "named" town :LOL: is 15+ miles away and it has well under a 1000 people. The trees are much taller than the tallest structures in that town. (except the water tower) But it does have a gas station that is open 24 hours a day unless the night staff (one person) is out for some reason.

I'm positive I have been through it a few times.

San Rafael CA
Nice place. Not too big, and not too small. We passed through it on Sunday, on our way to Red Rock Beach for some quality time with the mussels, starfish, crabs, and sea anemone in the tide pools, after which we grabbed beers at The Pelican Inn in Muir Beach. Lovely way to spend a day.

As for me, I live in Oakland, CA. I like it here, but the crime rate gets a bit hairy at times.

Connecticut, on the Sound.

That's a hard question to answer. We Fire'd in early 2006. Bought an RV, sold our house, had garage sales and gave things to kids.

Our address is a mailbox in Wichita Falls, TX. We've been there a few times to vote in national elections. We plan to be there in late October this year for early voting.

We usually stay somewhere for a week, or month or sometimes a few months. We've tried Florida in the winter- too many old people. We've spent the last several winters in Harlingen, TX. Harlingen feels like home now. But, way too hot in the summer.

We spent last summer near Bucksport, Maine, this summer in central Colorado. We're in American Falls, ID right now. We'll probably stay around Idaho until it's time to head back to Texas. There are several wildfires around central and eastern Idaho, that may cause a change of plans.

And, just FYI, we could buy a house if we wanted. Right now, we enjoy traveling. If we buy a place, I think it means we should go there once in a while. We might not want to.

We also realize our day will come.

In the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon for now. We'll probably relocate once we retire.

The sign says it all.

Attachments

• Our Grocery Store.JPG
    Our Grocery Store.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 27
Retired USAF and lived in New Jersey, Sacramento, Charleston, SC, Honolulu. Raised in Charlotte, NC. Last assignment left me rooted in Centerville, GA about 20 miles south of Macon, GA. Hoping to move to Deland, FL for a final in the near future.

Western Nassau County (Long Island), New York, just a few miles east of NYC (Queens).

Mars.... A Suburb of Pittsburgh PA and not far from Moon PA

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Two blocks on the Kansas side of Stateline for most of the time. On 80 acres in CRP near the Iowa state line in greater Grant City MO more and more as the Wife's family farm is getting a 'redo' - update from the 1960's when water, indoor plumbing and electricity first arrived.

heh heh heh - may the dirt be with you and with your spirit. :D:LOL: We will still make the winter pilgrimage to Texas and Florida for a warm up as necessary. ;)

About 20 miles NW of Atlanta but there are too damn many people and will probably leave this madness behind when Dad passes. Will most likely move to "fly over" country where DW's family resides (Oklahoma) or maybe Palo Alto where the living is so cheap. ;)

In a suburb just north of Akron, OH. Not a very exciting place but it has everything we need and a fairly low cost of living. We don't really need exciting.

Folsom, a few miles from the prison.

I live in Folsom a few miles the other side of the prison.

And I can't hear the train (which is a miniature train ride at the city park). The whistle is not that loud.

Back
Top Bottom