Where to buy cartridge for old Lexmark printer?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The last one I got was from Amazon at a price that seemed too good to be true, but it wasn't.......it lasted just over 6 mos. printing an estimated 30 pgs or so, starting w/ black, then blue , then finally red -violet before fading into oblivion.
There was no description of it being a refilled cartridge.

I notice there is a similarly priced one on Amazon now but it is from another company. I called the company and they said on their own website, the cost is much higher but on Amazon, it is much less. Does someone know that these have some quality problem and is able to separate them into tiers?

Any suggestions for a vendor for an old Lexmark printer cartridge w/ reasonable quality?

Why not take it to your local drug store/grocery and have them refill it ?

I stopped buying new cartridges and bought a refill kit online. It's much cheaper and easy to refill.

Nope, sorry. I used to buy new ones at retail and then refill them 3-4 times, that worked fine. Get good ink (online) specifically designed for your printer. It is cheap and works well. Nice thing about the older Lexmarks was the fact that the printhead and ink cartridge were one piece, so you get a brand new printhead with each cartridge. That's another reason to buy them new and refill them--you know you don't have a bum printhead.

It doesn't sound like you print a lot, which can lead to the ink ports drying out. Maybe consider a laser? I just bought a Brother B&W laser printer for about $100. The toner cartridges can be refilled at home, which reduces the per-page cost to less than inkjets. Much less trouble and hassle, plus faster print jobs. The color lasers have come down a lot in price.

Carrot Ink.

No affiliation.

I went to laser a few years ago and haven't turned back. In the long run, going laser is big savings per page.

You can get a new inkjet printer at Wally World now for about $35. Of course, where they sock you in the ink cartridge refills.

Thanks all for the helpful replies. Interesting to hear the refill advocates....
I guess Lexmark must have done a good job in putting the fear of refilling into me.......I think it's in their online manual, plus it seems the local refillers don't do this particular one for some reason I don't understand........what makes thing refillable or not?

Will have to remember the laser for the future? Am always worried about whether new printers....laser/inkjet.........will work with old Win95 computer.

Will have to check on the carrot tip...........thanks again to all.

Thanks for the reminder.
I have a brand new, unopened 6,000 page cartridge I bought as a spare for my old Brother printer that died on me not long ago. I tossed the printer, and the replacement uses a different cartridge.

If anyone can use this spare, PM me and I'll mail it to you.

It's not manufactured by Brother, but the box says it's a replacement for these Brother cartridges:
TN-460 / TN6600
TN-430 / TN6300

Back
Top Bottom