which disposable phone

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I find myself in Evansville, Indiana and my cell phone with Us cellular has no service here. I was thinking of getting one of those throwaway phones at wal-mart or someplace to get me by. Does anyone have anything good to say about any of those phones. net10, Verizon, etc. I just need something to use until I go back to Iowa, maybe a week or two. thanks

I have an old AT&T "dumb" phone I use on RV trips to locations where my Virgin Mobile (Sprint network) phone may not have service. I bought a SIM card for the AT&T Go Phone plan and load a few bucks into it before we depart. Works for our needs.

PagePlus (Verizon) $10 (100 min) every 120 days would be an option. I would just replace U.S. Cellular completely. There are a lot of prepaid options out there. Check out howardforums.com.

PagePlus (Verizon) $10 (100 min) every 120 days would be an option. I would just replace U.S. Cellular completely. There are a lot of prepaid options out there. Check out howardforums.com.
To use PagePlus, you would need to get a non-prepaid Verizon phone. You can buy this directly from PagePlus or more cheaply, off eBay. Use PagePlus in the search phrase.

I am going to suggest a Tracphone. You can buy one at Walmart for as little as $10. and a 60 minute card activated there runs about $20. Generally Tracphone doubles your minutes. You can also buy minutes while on the phone. I've used Tracphone for several years and never had any problems with coverage or service. Cheap, dependable and no contracts. prof12

Am happy with Net10... 200min/mo. $15. Uses the Tracfone network, so everywhere coverage. Minutes roll over, so while I don't use it much in winter, the minutes build up, so I usually have 1000 or so minutes. BTW... the $15 is the quoted price... as with every other company, tax is extra.. so $16.54/mo.

Phones anywhere in the $10- $15 range... or buy on-line. Bought mine at Marshalls... $12 including 2month's service and 400 minutes, but that was a one time deal.

Used Tracfone before that... worked anywhere. No problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom