Who do you like in the World Series?

Cattusbabe

Full time employment: Posting here.
This Philadelphia thinks the Phillies are toast.
I say that very quietly however.

I agree... but since I am in Texas... I do not have to whisper...

Who do I "like" to win it or who do I "like"?

I absolutely hate what the Yankees represent in terms of broken baseball economics and "buying" championships, so I want the Phillies to win. I think the Yankees win it in 6, though.

Yankees will win. It will be nice for CC Sabathia to get a ring.........:)

Mariano Rivera has an EVIL cutter, that dude saws bats in half all the time..........

Yep, Yankees should win. Aren't they always expected to? Rivera is one of the best that ever was, but getting up there in years for a player. Yanks will be looking for a replacement soon. I bet they're keeping a close eye on Neftali Feliz.
Agree with Ziggy about buying championships. Just not right somehow.

Who do I "like" to win it or who do I "like"?

I absolutely hate what the Yankees represent in terms of broken baseball economics and "buying" championships, so I want the Phillies to win. I think the Yankees win it in 6, though.

Other teams can try it... but so far none has been successful....

It also holds true that most championships are 'bought'... rare is the day that the low cost team wins... and even if they do, can repeat...

It also holds true that most championships are 'bought'... rare is the day that the low cost team wins... and even if they do, can repeat...
True, but baseball's economic model is so skewed that many teams in many markets have no realistic chance to build a consistent winner. In the NFL and the NBA, teams that usually stink do so because of a lousy front office and bad coaching and personnel decisions, not because of an insurmountable economic disadvantage due to market size.

Until I opened this thread, I couldn't have told you who were playing in it. Never been a baseball fan.

I'm not a baseball fan either, but I have to go with the Phillies as a PA team. And it will be a good excuse to scarf down a cheesesteak wit (homemade by default as I would have to drive across the state to get to Geno's or Pat's).

Umps got it right!! I really liked the way that all of the umps got together last night to make a decision on that Phillies DP. They made the right call, as the replay showed, and all w/o technology/relay cameras.

Love that human element in MLB. Hope that they will always have it, mistakes and all.

I'm still doing research and thinking about who I favor in this Series. I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks with my decision.

Indians fan at heart. So Ill root for the AL. Yankees. Cracks me up two recently former Indians pitches were the game 1 starters.

Let's Go Mets! :clap:

Sorry, I went to a lot of games in Shea Stadium as a kid. I was there for quite a few games in 1969. I had a crush on Ron Swoboda. :blush:
Does anyone remember "The Catch" he made in the 1969 World Series?

wp6fb19ee6_0f.jpg

You can keep the Yankees. :whistle:

Please take a note of my geographic location. :LOL:

I thought only 1 baseball team worth a damn resided in New York. Ah yeah the Mets. Thanks for the chuckle :)

I'm not a baseball fan but I know so many obnoxious Redsox fans I root for the Yankees anyway.

I'm not a baseball fan but I know so many obnoxious Redsox fans I root for the Yankees anyway.

Yeah its a toss up between New yawkers and Bostonians. They are probably more alike than they realize ;)

Sorry, I went to a lot of games in Shea Stadium as a kid. I was there for quite a few games in 1969. I had a crush on Ron Swoboda. :blush:
Does anyone remember "The Catch" he made in the 1969 World Series?

wp6fb19ee6_0f.jpg

You can keep the Yankees. :whistle:

Please take a note of my geographic location. :LOL:

Is that autographed? Nice....:rolleyes:

Is that autographed? Nice....:rolleyes:
I wish. :(

The photo appeared on his website and several baseball history websites.
The Mets were the basement team for many years. If I had a dollar for every game they lost...:rolleyes:...they had a lot of talent but most of it inexperienced.
But then the 1969 season happened. :clap: There was an "underdog done good" fever overtaking the entire metropolitan NY area. Mr. Swoboda's unbelievable catch was the epitome of that spirit.
I watched Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan pitch in their rookie years.
I cannot watch baseball anymore. I was watching it live when tickets were affordable and the players actually gave it their all.
Today's players seem all poofed up and spoiled by comparison.

The Cubs have new owners--wait til next year!

This year--Yankees, again? Ho-hum.

Back
Top Bottom