Who has a Mardi Gras Tree?

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A friend put this up in his house:

Attachments

• 10952877_698402313614433_4846566731139268295_n.jpg
    10952877_698402313614433_4846566731139268295_n.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 15
I can resist anything but temptation:

or Louisiana... period.

Mardi Gras tree? Never heard of it. But then, I'm sometimes culturally deprived.

Hey, I'm right here in the thick of things and I don't have one. But then, I didn't get a Christmas tree, either.... :D

RonBoyd, thanks for the youtube. I love that song so much!

Hey, I'm right here in the thick of things and I don't have one.

I'm so disappointed. I would have thought you would have at least had a miniature one.

I'm so disappointed. I would have thought you would have at least had a miniature one.

I get the impression that being an introvert W2R pretty much stays away from the crowds during Mardi Gras. If I lived there I'd probably go at least once just to see it but that would probably end my curiosity. The rest I'd just watch on TV if at all.

Most of the ski slopes here in Colorado have a Mardi Gras tree. A close-by evergreen is somehow selected by one of the lifts and it receives all kinds of beads during the winter, but especially around Mardi Gras.

I get the impression that being an introvert W2R pretty much stays away from the crowds during Mardi Gras. If I lived there I'd probably go at least once just to see it but that would probably end my curiosity. The rest I'd just watch on TV if at all.

You're right. Frank lives 1/2 block from one of the biggest Mardi Gras parade routes. We still don't go down there every year! :LOL: Some years we do, but mostly not.

We used to leave town over Mardi Gras, but I guess we are getting older - - the idea of driving a long distance isn't that appealing, either.

One of the nicest things about being retired, is that when we get stuck behind a parade we can just enjoy watching from the car, and wait until it passes by. No worries about being late to work or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom