Who shops at ALDI stores?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am wondering if anyone else enjoys the savings. I like that you dont have to buy in bulk, like at Sam's or Costco

I was going to, but they closed the local.

We shop the local Aldi's all the time. We don't need name brand, and the generic/store/'off' brands are just fine with us. And there meat is as good (or better) than other local stores.

I live in Germany.
It is Aldi country all over plus several others who imitate the idea.
Most of my basic stuff comes from Aldi.

ALDI's prices on milk, cheese, yogurt, fruits,vegatables and other staples are the lowest I've found. They carry mainly the ALDI house brand with a few name brands. Their house brands are of high quality, taste good, and cost much less than name brands. This week ALDI has a bag of salad mix for 59 cents, compared to $1.99 at the local supermarket. Bring a quarter and your own bags when you go to ALDI. You put a quarter into the shopping cart to unlock it, return the cart, lock it, and your quarter pops out. This keeps the carts from ending up all over the parking lot. ALDI doesn't supply bags, a nickel for a paper bag or bring your own. You also bag your own groceries. My local ALDI is always full of people.

Khan said:
Dayton Ohio area

I used to live in Dayton (15 years ago) and we shopped there quite bit...one came in to our area 10 years ago and prices dont look as good as they used to.....they dont carry many items and you have to use cash/debit card....also some of their stuff is 4th and 5ths so you have to be careful what you buy :p We find our local grocery/walmart to have just as good of deals...

We've tried to shop there, but they don't have many bargans on the items we buy. We do much better at Sam's Club and buying loss leaders at the local Meijers.

I regularly shopped at Aldi's when I was feeding hungry pre-teens & teenagers! What a lifesaver! Now that am single again (and the ex-step kids are adults), I just go to Trader Joes and the local produce markets and Halo Farms (the best plain yogurt on the planet, and oh so cheap!) If kids are in the picture, find your local Aldis!

There's one near me, but I find I can almost save as much on the brand names at the SUperWalmart food store in town...........

The local Roundy's store is pissed because they had to lower their prices............ :LOL: :LOL:

We do as often as we can... unfortunately it's not very conveniently located for us.... it's 9-10 miles to Aldi... :( and just 1 mile to the convenient grocery store (expensive competitor).

We always stock up on canned good there big time. Canned good are easily half the price of our regular store.

Charlotte

Sure do .. I don't find their milk to be a bargain, but they have good prices on produce.

I shop at Aldi's when I am doing a bigger order. It is on the other side of town, approximately 5 1/2 miles away. When I was working, I passed it 2 times per day and stopped there frequently. I do find their milk to be a good bargain: $1.99 per gallon for skimmed and I love the prices on their produce. I buy the Terriyaki Pork Tenderloin quite often. It is cheap and a quick meal with baked sweet potatoes and a salad or some fruit. I get their frozen Tilapia, frozen chicken tenderloins and stir-frys a lot also and their bottled water. I wish it were on this side of town!

One of my favorite stores. While living in Indiana, Aldi was a big part of LBYM with a stay at home wife and 3 kids. Now, they have several new fancy stores opening here in Maryland. (Fancy for aldi means they have self-opening doors and a checkout conveyor belt). I went to one last week and "remembered" how much I like them....will be making regular trips from now on. The savings are more than worth the no-frills approach and the quality is excellant. The biggest problem I recall at Aldi was long lines, but that does not seem to be a problem here.

Goonie said:
We shop the local Aldi's all the time. We don't need name brand, and the generic/store/'off' brands are just fine with us. And there meat is as good (or better) than other local stores.

I shop at Aldi once or twice a month and stock up when I'm there on just about everything.

HOWEVER...be careful with the fresh meats/chicken. If you read closely, you'll see on the label (at least in the St. Louis stores) "up to 15% solution added".

In other words, not only do they spruce it up to make it look fresher (redder) for longer, but they also get to add weight to the package. So, just increase the price per lb by 15%, and you'll get the 'regular grocery store equivalent' price.

Back
Top Bottom